PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Weatherspoon

wilfork is beastin'

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
While everyone's excited about the possibility of getting McClain and trying to come up with scenarios to draft him, I figured why not look at other high quality linebackers that would be more realistically available. I've been interested in Sean Weatherspoon for a while now and wouldn't have a problem if the Pats took him with the 22nd pick. The biggest question is whether or not he could transition to the 3-4, as he's a 4-3 OLB.

WalterFootball.com: 2010 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Sean Weatherspoon

One of my top Pats prospects in skills and intangibles, while being a terrific football player. The kind of player I'd want on the field for the Pats, even though he doesn't fill one of the obvious needs. BB can surprise however, which is why he'll remain on the list.

The kind of player I'd want on the field for the Pats, even though he doesn't fill one of the obvious needs.

Exactly how I feel. He has great instincts, a high motor and apparently great leadership qualities, all things we could use for the linebacking corp. Like I said, I'd have no problem if we took him with our first pick, and I'd be pumped if we somehow were able to get him in the 2nd round.

I like Weatherspoon, Curran, and Bowman but none of the fit our scheme and the don't have the size to play OLB for us and I don't think that that any of them would play ILB. McClain is ready to play come day one and that's what I want in a first round pick. I could be wrong though, who would have thought that Edleman would be day one ready and he was a 7th rounder playing like a second rounder.

Weatherspoon might end up having the best career out of all the LB's in the class, including McClain.

He's just not a fit for us though.

I've watched tape of him over and over again trying to see where he'd fit in, and unless we stick with the 4-3, and draft him to play at WLB, I can't see a spot, sadly.

He'll end up with someone like the Eagles, the Saints or the Colts and be an All-Pro by year three.

Gah.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back