Sean Smith talks a little trash on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here is one of his latest Tweets:

Lol So the Patriots made a wrong turn and ended up in Miami huh?!? They gotta pay for that #FinzUp

https://twitter.com/SeanSMITH24/status/275233070695723008

The last time the Pats made a wrong turn and ended up in Miami, the PBrady passed for 517 yards and 4 TDs and the Pats offense scored 38 points and 622 yards on you and your defense Sean. Probably shouldn't talk trash until after the game, if you win.

Today's game is going to tell us a lot about this year's Patriots.

I am convinced there was nothing wrong with them in the games that they looked bad (1st half Buffalo, 2nd Buffalo game, Arizona, 1st Jets game). I am also convinced that they came out totally flat.

Let's see if they can get a big win behind them and put the pedal to the metal. Because this edition let's victories go to their heads a little bit too much, IMO.

Today's game is going to tell us a lot about this year's Patriots.

I am convinced there was nothing wrong with them in the games that they looked bad (1st half Buffalo, 2nd Buffalo game, Arizona, 1st Jets game). I am also convinced that they came out totally flat.

Let's see if they can get a big win behind them and put the pedal to the metal. Because this edition let's victories go to their heads a little bit too much, IMO.

Any given Sunday but MIA is the flakiest team in the NFL. Losses to HOU, NYJ, AZ, Indy, TN and BUFF and Wins vs NYJ, SEA, STL, CIN and OAK.

Pats are 7-2 vs common opponants and MIA is 3-5.

This game shouldn't even be close.

Hardly trash talking if you ask me...

How much trash talking can you have with 140 characters? It isn't the worst I have seen by a long shot, but it is still kinda stupid to post before a game.

That's not trash talking at all.

The Pats will be furious that someone insulted their navigational skills...

That's not trash talking at all.

I would agree it was minor, but not at all? Clearly minor trash talk.

I just posted it because the morning show on WEEI made a big deal about it and they aren't typical hype yahoos (Arnold, Price, Faulk, etc..

Definitely bulletin board material.

Just wait.... his next tweet will say "We're going to try our best to beat the Patriots".

The smack talk will really be flowing then.

How much trash talking can you have with 140 characters? It isn't the worst I have seen by a long shot, but it is still kinda stupid to post before a game.

If the Patriots need some dude on twitter to trash talk for them to remember the times that inferior Miami teams have embarrassed them then I have little hope for this team.

I would agree it was minor, but not at all? Clearly minor trash talk.

I just posted it because the morning show on WEEI made a big deal about it and they aren't typical hype yahoos (Arnold, Price, Faulk, etc..

You should go back and reference what the Jets used to say about the Pats. How quickly you forget what trash talking REALLY is.

If the Patriots need some dude on twitter to trash talk for them to remember the times that inferior Miami teams have embarrassed them then I have little hope for this team.

Never said that it would make a difference. It really is the rare exception where any bulletin board material makes any difference in a game. The only times I have ever seen it make much of a difference was when that back up safety on the Steelers trash talked Brady and Freddy Mitchell in the Super Bowl. Otherwise, bulletin board material is overrated,

I just think it is stupid to talk smack no matter how minor before a game. Especially when you are facing arguably the hottest team in the league and you are a defender going up against what may end up being a historic offense.

You should go back and reference what the Jets used to say about the Pats. How quickly you forget what trash talking REALLY is.

Never said it was up to that level. I agree it is minor. Most of the Pats players will never know about the tweet until after the game if ever. I just disagree that it isn't trash talk "at all". Clearly trash talk. Just weak trash talk.

Never said it was up to that level. I agree it is minor. Most of the Pats players will never know about the tweet until after the game if ever. I just disagree that it isn't trash talk "at all". Clearly trash talk. Just weak trash talk.

You're more than welcome to your interpretation. That's something that any opponent should say about a rival coming into their house. It's not trash talk, and pretty much everyone that has entered this thread has said the same thing.

You're more than welcome to your interpretation. That's something that any opponent should say about a rival coming into their house. It's not trash talk, and pretty much everyone that has entered this thread has said the same thing.

So the three people who have responded says it isn't trash talk (in fact, only you have said it isn't trash talk and others have said it was weak trash talk which is what I said). LOL! Pretty much everyone on on WEEI said it was trash talk. Faulk and Matt Chatham considered it trash talk and they are players.

Last edited:
I know it's a cliche, but who's Sean Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots