PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Smith CB/S?

Brady_Moss

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
As I'm watching his highlights on NFL network OnDemand, I realize that the Pats will probably draft this guy based on his ballhawking skills and long arms. I could really see this happening because in '08 the Pats were 31st in the league, on defense for giving up the most pass catching td's.

I could easily see the Pats draft either Delmas or Sean Smith in the second, but on the safe side I think we will get Smith because of his versitality at both the S/CB position

what are your thoughts?

I'd love to see Smith here as a consolation prize for not getting Jenkins. Otherwise, I'm leery of bringing in a guy that raw unless it's from 47 on. On the plus side, I could see him brought along slowly, learning both offense and defense (he's a former WR), and eventually getting into the game for specific packages.

I will say that I like him much better after reading his draft journals on NFP. He seems like an intelligent guy. Plus his interception against Wyoming was pretty spectacular (we'll conveniently overlook that he was slightly behind his man and the ball was thrown poorly; it was still a heck of a grab). YouTube - Sean Smith - LEGENDary interception

Intriguing guy, for sure. :)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back