PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Salisbury Guarantees it's Vince Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Twas watching ESPN last night, and SS says the Titans have decided they will be picking VY when their turn comes up. He said despite the fact that the coaches like Matt L., the upper brass prefers Young and his upside.

I have no clue if he's got some inside scoop, was blown some smoke by Tenn., or is just spewing.

I personnally would be surprised if ML isn't the pick there, but he's saying that he won't be.

Well if Salisbury is saying it is Young, then we can pencil in Lienart for the pick.

Kind of blows the Jets- Raiders trade out of the water. Davis wants to move up to pick VY.

SamBamsFan said:
Kind of blows the Jets- Raiders trade out of the water. Davis wants to move up to pick VY.

Good point. Now I really hope they do take Young. Anything that screws Davis is good in my mind.:)

Is it all smoke??? I wonder..Tenn is saying they are going to take him way way too much..I wonder...smoke OR the real deal??

Things are starting to get interesting! Don't you just love these guys who think they have the "inside scoop"?

Question...

Pats726 said:
Is it all smoke??? I wonder..Tenn is saying they are going to take him way way too much..I wonder...smoke OR the real deal??

Just a question...Why would the Titans want to create a smoke screen about whether or not they will be taking Vince or Matt? At #3, they have their pick anyway. If they were picking in the 4-7 range, I could understand some mis-direction. I know a few of you must have conspiracy theories on this.

The Saints are more than willing to trade the #2 pick & the Titans may be trying to encourage the Raiders to move up so they get the guy they really want Leinart at a lower price tag. They may also be trying to discourage the Jets from trading up to take Leinart.

Rene Vallieres said:
Just a question...Why would the Titans want to create a smoke screen about whether or not they will be taking Vince or Matt? At #3, they have their pick anyway. If they were picking in the 4-7 range, I could understand some mis-direction. I know a few of you must have conspiracy theories on this.

Keeps the Jets from making the jump to 2?

Another Question...

14thDragon said:
Keeps the Jets from making the jump to 2?

OK, but if the jets want matt or vince that badly, wouldn't any uncertainty about who the titans will select actually force them to move up to #2, thereby working against the titans strategy of throwing up a screen to keep teams guessing about who they pick ? (forgive me, it's 2 days until the draft and I'm convulsing...)

Rene Vallieres said:
OK, but if the jets want matt or vince that badly, wouldn't any uncertainty about who the titans will select actually force them to move up to #2, thereby working against the titans strategy of throwing up a screen to keep teams guessing about who they pick ? (forgive me, it's 2 days until the draft and I'm convulsing...)

There's obvious uncertainty with regards to who the Titans want at #3.

re

Rene Vallieres said:

You have to read between the lines. The Jets (#4), Raiders (#7), and Cardinals (#10) are interested in a QB. The Saints and Texans are willing to trade down if they think they can grab Ferguson or Mario a few spots down (cheaper rookie contract, and also get more picks). The Titans have to make it seem like they don't want Leinart, so that another team won't feel the need to trade up in front of them.

re

Rene Vallieres said:

Ah, Rene. The Titans are telling everyone they want Vince in order to remove the uncertainty you talked about. It is possible the Titans actually want Leinart and are throwing out misdirection. If the Jets want Vince and believe the Titans, they will trade up to #2 to take him, but the Titans won't care one bit.

This, I accept...

maverick4 said:
Ah, Rene. The Titans are telling everyone they want Vince in order to remove the uncertainty you talked about. It is possible the Titans actually want Leinart and are throwing out misdirection. If the Jets want Vince and believe the Titans, they will trade up to #2 to take him, but the Titans won't care one bit.

This is an acceptable explanation. I am grateful to you. Actually, I like the explanation posted before yours, as well. As I think about it though, I believe Patchick (Patschick) sic, had a good point. Maybe the truth is that the front office is really battling it out with the coaching staff and they will end up taking Young regardless of what Jeff and Norm think. I enjoy the smell of dissent among other teams..

Rene Vallieres said:

Raiders might be more willing to pony up a little extra to get their man.

Rene Vallieres said:
This is an acceptable explanation. I am grateful to you. Actually, I like the explanation posted before yours, as well. As I think about it though, I believe Patchick (Patschick) sic, had a good point. Maybe the truth is that the front office is really battling it out with the coaching staff and they will end up taking Young regardless of what Jeff and Norm think. I enjoy the smell of dissent among other teams..

If that is what happens, look to see many more head coachs be unwilling to take a position without being the GM. Just look at the craziness out in San Diego, when the GM and HC are at odds, the team inevitably suffers. If they can not smooth out thier differences before the draft, things could get ugly.

Reading between the lines of Jeff's comments about Young vs Lienart I can
only conclude that, unless the Titans are only looking at ticket
sales, Lienart will be there choice, IF they are going to take a QB
with thier first pick. ??

Predicting the draft is like picking the winning lottery #s. :confused:

Also, who would take Lienart at #1 or 2 ?????

Will the Titans stick with Volek and try to build a team base for the future??

Trading down for team needs would be my route for the future, guess that's why I'm not a coach or something in the NFL. :D

One last thing, I don't believe that Y, L, or C are going to be movers and shakes in the NFL. Reasonable journey men, nothing more.

We shall see.??

Rene Vallieres said:

Well, if the Jets truly want Matt L., and up to now everbody has figured Tenn. was going to grab him, then this is the perfect smoke to make the Jets stay put at #4. In other words, if it's suddenly a "guarantee" that Tenn. will be taking Vince Y. and not Matt L., the Jets don't have to waste other picks moving up. Makes perfect sense.

Patschick is right though, these supposed "experts" that guarantee things. I'm not a big Sean Salisbury fan, so kinda hope he's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes