Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sean Penn In Talks For Plame Film (to play Ambassador Joseph Wilson)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Feb 24, 2009.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Double Oscar winner Sean Penn is following up Sunday night's triumph by reportedly entering negotiations to play Ambassador Joseph Wilson in Fair Game, the story of CIA agent Valerie Plame (Naomi Watts).

For those who don't slavishly follow US politics, the Plame affair saw members of the Bush administration out a CIA agent, Valerie Plame, apparently because they weren't happy with her husband, Ambassador Wilson. Dick Cheney's ex-Chief of Staff, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, was convicted of lying to a federal grand jury about his role in the leak and sent to prison. The other government figures involved got away with it.

Doug Liman is already set to direct the film, with Naomi Watts starring as Plame. It's based on the book Plame herself wrote about the affair. This is not to be confused with the Rod Lurie film Nothing But The Truth, starring Kate Beckinsale, which was more loosely based on the scandal.
    Helen O'Hara

Read more: Empire: Movie News - Penn In Talks For Plame Film
  2. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

Sean Penn... good actor..... but he is the type of guy who makes main street
    America hate hollywood.

Just do your job and keep your mouth shut !
  3. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I am glad they are making a movie on this subject and displaying in the only fashion that Main Street unfortunately gets its information and understands what crooks these people truly were.
    They stepped on and abused The Constitution, and their own fellow citizens, whom they had pledged to serve and protect.
    They deserve the lack of kindness that history has in store for them and so much more.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree, except that he has the right (and the cameras) to say what he wants. You're a fool to listen to anything he says that isn't about acting, though. He's just an actor! He's not too bright and really boring...most actors are. It's amazing how so many people from both ends of the political spectrum respond so strongly to the words of these people. No one is more surprised than Penn himself, I bet.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

This will bomb, unless they cast some hottie as Plame, who does full nude scenes. These political agenda based films never do well.

BTW, all this forum needed was a Plame thread, mixed in among the assorted other diarea threads of the last 2 months. This should be a doozy.
  6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

lump him in with madonna and johnny depp as high school flunkies who think they know something because they can act.........

when is the next micheal moore film coming out?
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

I'd like to add in the fact that this film will be 100% historically accurate.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Won't matter, any anti Bush theme is bound to get him nominated for another Oscar:rolleyes:
  9. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think someone should make a movie about the 'factual' details of the murders of all of the clinton cronies (you know, vince foster, ron brown, james mcdougal, ed willey, james wilson, susan coleman, william colby.....the list goes on and on).....the movie would likely take longer than dr. zhivago or lawrence of arabia.......6 hours of people getting killed.....would put pulp fiction to shame
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

I love Penn as an actor. I think he's terrific, and even without having seen Milk, I'd have to guess that his performance was outstanding, and deserving of the award. That being said, I'd also safely assume that both the charactor/story Penn played, and Rourke's comments about George Bush, each mattered as much as the merrits of the actual performance, in determining whom the Oscar winner would be.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Your right about it all, this "hate clown" is really doing this movie for himself and the rest of the Flaming Bush Haters Of America, most people just shrug and laugh at this a$s hole Penn, the guy Wilson that he is playing in the film is also a first class a$s hole, a James Bond Wannabe.

I never followed this "Plame Sh!t" much so I may be wrong but if this women got up everyday and drove her car to the CIA headquarters how the hell was she "outed" even the rubbish men knew she worked for the CIA she parked her car there everyday.

Press Coverage would know the answers to all this, he was "obsessed" with Valerie Plame & her sh!t head husband.......
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -11

#37 Jersey

Probably around the same time "Path to 9/11" is released on DVD.

EDIT:

This is a good watch.
    http://www.amazon.com/Blocking-Path-11-Andrew-Breitbart/dp/B001GLLNNA
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009