PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks royally screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMarko

Rookie
Reaction score
Pitt player off sides two plays in a row no call, phantom holding against Seattle? I think when teams have been screwed by the refs this year it completely changes their mindset and, and the flow of the game!

True true

On the sack there was blatant offsides on Pitt.

Now this Hasselbeck 'fumble' just proves the refs are crooked.

Seattle $ucks..this is the best of the NFC ? Time for Seattle for to fire some coaches...Starting with the OC...

The officials in almost all of the playoff games this year are either monumentally incompetent or crooked, either way this whole playoff season was a snow job.

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Perhaps after failing at the XFL Vince McMahon got silently involved in the NFL. Maddox was the XFL MVP you know....

spooky.

If we lost like that

I would be BS Pissed!

I can't imagine how Seattle fans feel right now.

The fix was in. If the Colts could not win, the Steelers are the next best thing.

It is going to be a long off season.

I expect Seattle fans feel like we did after the Denver mugging... only more so.

The TD ruled out for offensive interference and the catch at the 1 ruled out for holding were both soooo marginal - 14 points right there.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
I expect Seattle fans feel like we did after the Denver mugging... only more so.

Well, from the beginning it was a Steelers fest anyway. The Seahawks were barely treated as if they were even in the Superbowl, and the refs treated them contemptuously as well.

I think the OPI call was tough, but the guy did push a bit and the defender took a little step back. That sealed it. I don't think the push caused the defender to move, they just happened co-incidentally. Having to make that call at full speed makes it tough for the Zebra to call it any other way.

OldEnglandPatriot said:

The TD ruled out for offensive interference and the catch at the 1 ruled out for holding were both soooo marginal - 14 points right there.
Damn right about that. They got jobbed on both of those huge plays. Any team can overcome one huge jobbing, but two starts to get in your head. But Seattle play-calling was shakey at best. Lots of pass plays were goofy and run plays on 2nd & 3rd and long had me wondering if the coaches were nuts.

OldEnglandPatriot said:

The thing that bothered me most about that holding play was that I saw the Steelers get away with the same thing at least 3-4 times before that penalty. I think it was a hold, as determined by the definition of holding, but you can't call it for one team and then call it on the other.

It was terrible officiating. This whole offseason has been atrocious officiating-wise, I really hope the NFL looks into it.

Terrible game. Terrible teams. Whatever. I guess they thought the Pats were a terrible team when they beat the Rams...so...

Next year here we come.

STFarmy said:
It was terrible officiating. This whole offseason has been atrocious officiating-wise, I really hope the NFL looks into it.

That would be like the Fox guarding the henhouse, wouldn't it? :mad:

If he keeps doing it, it must be legal.

ElMarko said:
Pitt player off sides two plays in a row no call, phantom holding against Seattle? I think when teams have been screwed by the refs this year it completely changes their mindset and, and the flow of the game!
Dan Klecko's dad, Joe, used to always line up in the neutral zone, but was never called for it. That reminds me of the lazy, incompetant baseball umpires who would always call the outside strike on balls a good half a foot off the black.
p.s.: Was there ever a ground-level shot, from the line of scrimmage, of the 3rd and 28 pass? The football may have been inside the 40 when it left his hand.
Between the officiating and Seattle's play-calling (and dropped passes), the Arizona Cardinals would have won tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back