PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks look scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not worried about the SB yet. Just the first game in NE and hopefully not against Baltimore.

BTW Le'Veon Bell looks as good as Lynch.

Yes, It appears that Pete Carroll has designed his team to beat the "Prototype NFL team"
Prototype NFL team includes 1 HOF QB, solid weapons for him to throw and a defense that isn't usually that great but every now and then will have a very good year and ride them to the superbowl.

Under Wilson when facing HOF QBs (Brady, Manning x2, Breese x2, and Rodgers x2) is 7-0.

But if you watched them play vs the Rams the offense was completely shutdown. Due to Carroll not investing a ton of money or draft picks on the line they are vulnerable against elite d-lines like the one the Rams have.

If the rams had a decent QB they probably win. (7 of our 20 points was a defensive score). Erase those 7 points its 6-13 game.
The salary cap makes it difficult to build a complete team @Seahawxx. Every team has a flaw somewhere. The genius is masking the flaw.

after watching the seahawks today, I really believe you can move the ball on them. The Rams did not have the talent on offense to get it done, but seattle's D does not look like it was last year...

McDipstick has the headset on that is linked to TFB. BB does not call the O shots. If he did TFB would have 5 rings.

Belichick has said on the record that he can override McDaniels on any offensive play and can hear what McDaniels is saying to Brady.

I am not worried about the SB yet. Just the first game in NE and hopefully not against Baltimore.

BTW Le'Veon Bell looks as good as Lynch.

They're both really different RBs. I don't think Bell is the type to break tackles and carry guys with him like Lynch, or even Blount or Lacy.

As long as you don't turn it over against Seattle you can win. The offense isn't good enough on its own to go up big on a team. The Rams were tied 6-6 in the fourth quarter yesterday until 2 backbreaking Interceptions Including a pick 6

As long as you don't turn it over against Seattle you can win. The offense isn't good enough on its own to go up big on a team. The Rams were tied 6-6 in the fourth quarter yesterday until 2 backbreaking Interceptions Including a pick 6

Same thing with arizona the week before...they were in it right until the end

They lost to the chargers,cowboys and chiefs so they're absolutely beatable,but for now we better worry about clearing the AFC. Also we historically match up well against the Seahawks regardless if its Wilson,Lynch and Sherman or Hasselbeck and Alexander.Only Rodgers scares me in the NFC.

You might be right - but the Patriots themselves do have a right to be upset.

They lost to the chargers,cowboys and chiefs so they're absolutely beatable,but for now we better worry about clearing the AFC. Also we historically match up well against the Seahawks regardless if its Wilson,Lynch and Sherman or Hasselbeck and Alexander.Only Rodgers scares me in the NFC.

Im baffled by your match up comment. Didnt we lose to them when Russel Wilson was a rookie and their defense was good but not yet dominant? Brady had a very Manningesque game that day, throwing 60 times with a couple of bad picks. And what do Matt Hasselbeck and Shawn Alexander have to do with anything???

Im baffled by your match up comment. Didnt we lose to them when Russel Wilson was a rookie and their defense was good but not yet dominant? Brady had a very Manningesque game that day, throwing 60 times with a couple of bad picks. And what do Matt Hasselbeck and Shawn Alexander have to do with anything???

We did! we outplayed them for the most part but fell asleep in the 4th quarter and lost by one point. Of course they have gotten better since,but they took a step back from last year when they were stronger,so i think that we can move the ball with ease on them, just like last time. If they put sherman on Rob it's even better, Belichick coached patriots team have always played the seahawks tough.Like i said only the packers scares me.

OT a bit: I am watching the 21 DVD, man those games for the most part were nail biters big time, not sure how I lived through those.

I'm feeling a lot better about this team this year LOL

Man I have been watching the 3 games to glory DVD's and 21 and it is interesting to go back and see how close a LOT of those games were.

Let me worry about making the SB first before we look at NFC teams...now that playoffs are here my nerves are also raised :)

Well boys and girls, it looks (to me) like we're going to get this matchup. I'm fairly certain the Pats are going to donkey stomp the Colts, and we've got the Packers' number. Even more so with Aaron Rodgers being all gimpy and such.

Well boys and girls, it looks (to me) like we're going to get this matchup. I'm fairly certain the Pats are going to donkey stomp the Colts, and we've got the Packers' number. Even more so with Aaron Rodgers being all gimpy and such.
I think it will happen also but I don't think our game is a gimme. I have a question though, do you think chancellor is maybe the one guy that could really slow Gronk down in terms of production?

Kam is a freak, and he lives in a dark place. I think he'll be able to give Gronk a challenge for sure. But I don't think he's "the only" one that can. Irvin has gotten much better in coverage, and KJ Wright is often tasked with erasing TE's. I imagine it would be multiple players taking shots at him.

One things for sure, whomever is catching the ball for New England is going to have a hard time finding YAC, and they'll likely feel it for a couple weeks after the game.

Sounds like everyone is expecting a Pats/Seachickens SB. I would much rather play GB if we get to the SB

Watching Seattle struggle to put Carolina away for much of the game this weekend I'd love the opportunity to match up against them.

Brady won't make Newton's stupid decisions on the regular and if Carolina had receivers worthy of the title they'd have probably won by at least 7. Benjamin might be a TD machine but he has a lot of work to do. Edelman, LaFell, and Gronk probably eat Saturday's Seahawks alive with Brady passing.

That's assuming that Saturday's Seahawks are whats to be expected, every team coming off of a bye this week really showed some rust, even though 3 of the 4 teams won their games.

Let's go beat those Colts.

Theres a bit under a month until the SB and Rogers has access to the best rehabilitation money can afford. He's not going to be in the same position as Gronk suffering a high ankle sprain 2 weeks before the SB. He's been recovering since December.

The Seahawks should be a better matchup for us, they look so dominant lately because they're playing teams who can't even pretend to have a competent offense on the field.

KC, ARIx2, CAR, SFx2, Mark Sanchez led Eagles, etc. If Rogers continues to get time to get healthy then they are the NFC's best team by quite a large margin right now. If a still maybe hobbled Rogers can out duel Wilson and then get 2 additional weeks to rest GB will be the SB favorite.

I'm talking way too many if's though. We need to beat the Colts and the NFCCG still needs to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots