PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks look scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
We match up pretty good against the c hawks actually, historically as well. I'd rather face them then the packers.
The Pats matchup well against anyone. I would favor them every week against any game they don't play in Seattle or GB. Neutral field? They are my pick as long as Brady and BB are involved.

I just hope the Hawks are lucky enough to get back, but if they are the only team I don't want them to play is NE. It probably makes for the best possible matchup from a ratings perspective but I would just rather avoid that collision.

To be the best you've to beat the best! If this season does end with the Pats winning their 4th Lombardi trophy it will be the sweetest of them all!

Well, instead of leaving your opinion of my opinion like that, why don't you elaborate on why you feel this way. I'm not afraid to debate with someone and can admit when I'm wrong.

That is, unless you're chicken.

Having sat in the upper deck of Qwest in 2012 and watched the offense put almost 600 yards and but for some unforced bonehead plays what should have been 40+ points........I'm not sure where this comes from.

Perhaps you think Kap is a historic QB.

Well, instead of leaving your opinion of my opinion like that, why don't you elaborate on why you feel this way. I'm not afraid to debate with someone and can admit when I'm wrong.

That is, unless you're chicken.

Maybe this is the Patriots facing the best defensive line that ever existed and beyond................it is only about the 50th time this year it has happened.

Having sat in the upper deck of Qwest in 2012 and watched the offense put almost 600 yards and but for some unforced bonehead plays what should have been 40+ points........I'm not sure where this comes from.

Perhaps you think Kap is a historic QB.

Thanks for the response. For the record, I never thought Kap was great, but I'm surprised at how much he's regressed this season.

Look, the Patriots executed well on offense to amass many of the yards they did. Gronk, Hern, Welker, and Lloyd ran routes that took advantage of Seattle's zone coverage. Seattle's D will bend sometimes and we have the ability to break it.

Most of my concern for a potential match-up this year stems from our offensive line play. We just don't know which line will show up, so yes, I have the right to be fearful of Seattle's pass rushing unit. Also, denying the fact that Seattle has the individual horses to match up very well against us is just homerism. Moreover, this ain't the same Seattle team that took the field that day in 2012, for obvious reasons.

That said, we still play the games. But I'll sleep much tighter if they get knocked out of the playoffs.

Last edited:
Not really. They're just people that are really, REALLY underrating the match-up aspect of football. This Patriots team, as it's currently constructed, does not match-up well with Seattle at all. PARTICULARLY on offense.

EDIT: And at least Sicilian (who I respect as a member here) debated me on it. The rest just clicked the dislike button, blew the sand out of their hoo-ha's, and left.

Actually most posters don't find you worth responding to.

The most obvious answer is almost always the best answer.

Thanks for the response. For the record, I never thought Kap was never great, but I'm surprised at how much he's regressed this season.

Look, the Patriots executed well on offense to amass many of the yards they did. Gronk, Hern, Welker, and Lloyd ran routes that took advantage of Seattle's zone coverage. Seattle's D will bend sometimes and we have the ability to break it.

Most of my concern for a potential match-up this year stems from our offensive line play. We just don't know which line will show up, so yes, I have the right to be fearful of Seattle's pass rushing unit. Also, denying the fact that Seattle has the individual horses to match up very well against us is just homerism. Moreover, this ain't the same Seattle team that took the field that day in 2012, for obvious reasons.

That said, we still play the games. But I'll sleep much tighter if they get knocked out of the playoffs.

True

If these two teams play, it will come down to turnovers, maybe a special teams play and who executes better that day.

The reality is Seattle systemically matches up well with Denver. However, their defensive performance the past two years is not materially different from the Patriots efforts over the same period.

What leads you to believe that Seattle's Oline matches well with our Dline?

Last edited:
True

If these two teams play, it will come down to turnovers, maybe a special teams play and who executes better that day.

The reality is Seattle systemically matches up well with Denver. However, their defensive performance the past two years is not materially different from the Patriots efforts over the same period.

No doubt Special teams will be huge. Pats should have the edge but Carroll loves him some special teams and they coach it well in Seattle.

Unlike Denver, I'd be surprised to see the Pats wilt to the physicality the Seahawks bring. On offense, Pats can win by being patient and smart.

Philosophically, Seattle matches up very well with Denver. Physically, it's just David and and Goliath. That's where I see our advantage against the Hawks' D (and what you saw in 2012). Our offensive philosophy will take what you give us.

No doubt Special teams will be huge. Pats should have the edge but Carroll loves him some special teams and they coach it well in Seattle.

Unlike Denver, I'd be surprised to see the Pats wilt to the physicality the Seahawks bring. On offense, Pats can win by being patient and smart.

Philosophically, Seattle matches up very well with Denver. Physically, it's just David and and Goliath. That's where I see our advantage against the Hawks' D (and what you saw in 2012). Our offensive philosophy will take what you give us.
I pray to God the world doesn't have to sit through another Denver vs Seattle massacre again in the SB! I promise you it may be even worst than last year if they somehow met up again!

I pray to God the world doesn't have to sit through another Denver vs Seattle massacre again in the SB! I promise you it may be even worst than last year if they somehow met up again!

For all the talk of Denver's improvement, given the current state of that team, a 3rd match-up would be much worse. I think Manning would throw like 50 ints.

Someone who finally isn't afraid of the big bad seahawks. Give me Seattle all day. I'd say the familiarity with green bay makes it more of a coin flip as well. Wouldn't be thrilled about seeing GB twice.

I think seeing GB again would be the better bet.

Last time we had no Chandler Jones, no Siliga, Gray was in the doghouse and we had to go on the road to a frozen Lambeau, in one of their more anticipated games in recent memory.

Give me those guys back, on a neutral Arizona field and I see a different result occurring.

What evidence do you have that claims JMD doesn't make adjustments? Vs the NYJ, they went to a hurry-up. Vs MIA they ran play-action and got Gronk more involved.

Are you saying that BB told JMD to get his head in the game? When?

With around 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter

The feeling is mutual! I promise that. I just hope it becomes an issue to be faced. A lot of football left to play.

We'll either play the 'Hawks, somebody who beat the 'Hawks, or somebody who beat the team that beat the 'Hawks. I know, it's a game of match-ups. But let's not kid ourselves. The Giants in 07-08 were the best possible opponent, going by how good they should have been.

One team in the NFL can beat the Patriots, and that's the Patriots. Sucks for analytic types but the talent we have on the field, if they execute, can win it all.

That is all.

I disagree with this assessment. There are people who destroy forum quality and there are people who add value to the forum. @KontradictioN is in the ladder group.

I never said you can't like bad posting.

The Konster was puffing his chest making claims about debating..........when most would not waste the time.

If you have time to waste......debate him.

Lets see if Josh McDipstick shows his true colors and produces lousy game plans in the playoffs. You can almost count on it especially the closer they get to the SB

God stop being so negative about the whole JMD thing. We know who and what he is. If they lose i can bet it won't be because of him

Seattle doesn't have history on their side with repeating as SB champions as that is something that is very hard to do and has only happened 8 times since the start of the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back