PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks look scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
They are on a 5 game winning streak, including some tough road wins.
Their only losses have been to STL, SD, KC, DAL
They now hold HFA throughout the playoffs.

They have a tough D and Mobile QB.

Don't they look like the real thing again, now that it's December?
Pick your poison from the NFC -- both GB and SEA have the QB to give us fits, should we earn the right to play them.

-- FRITZ

I agree... if the Hawks lock HFA throughout it'a s game over in the NFC. They're going to the Superbowl. I'd hate to see this whole season going in vein if he had to play them. Not that I concede anything, but they are by far the toughest match up coming out of the NFC. I'd MUCH rather play GB in the big game if we get there. Their defense is much more manageable.

Stop it. I'd rather play that gimmick offense if we should happen to be so lucky to be in the super bowl than Aaron Rogers and that real offense. Let the season play out, and go light on the chicken little. Remember guys, there is no answer to a healthy Bobby Gronk.

Pick your poison from the NFC -- both GB and SEA have the QB to give us fits, should we earn the right to play them.

Striking that the current top 4 Super Bowl favorites (GB, NE, SEA, DEN) were all among the top 5 with oddsmakers before the season started. There are always some hot starters who generate a lot of hype -- SD, PHI, etc. -- but the second half of the season separates the wheat from the chaff.

Really? This thread?

No. Seattle does not look scary. They haved looked like a team that has done what they are suppose to do against Kirk Cousins, Cam Newton, Derek Carr, Eli Manning, Drew Stanton, Mark Sanchez, Colin Kaepernick, and Ryan Lindley.

They would totally lock our offense, even at full health, down. Meanwhile, they have a mobile quarterback who is accurate on offense and we all know what our defensive game plan is against those guys. They're the team in the NFC that I really don't want to see.

Stop it. I'd rather play that gimmick offense if we should happen to be so lucky to be in the super bowl than Aaron Rogers and that real offense. Let the season play out, and go light on the chicken little. Remember guys, there is no answer to a healthy Bobby Gronk.

I wouldn't call the Seahawks offense a 'gimmick'.... RW can run circles around Rodgers when it comes to scrambling out of pocket. But I agree, from the offense' perspective it would be easier to handle the the Hawks' offense, but their defense is 10-fold better and tougher than the Packers' D.

Despite yesterday, I think Seattle is a team that we can run the ball against. I also don't think Seattle has anyone that can cover Edelman and if we establish the run it will be hard for them to double Gronk.

Seattle did lose at home to Dallas. The odds of Dallas repeating that are low but I think Dallas still has a shot at the #1 seed. I'm holding a healthy amount of skepticism for Seattle until they play against a good QB again.

It's funny..often, some people use the term "scary" to describe the Seattle Seahawks. No doubt, they're a good football team that plays with a lot of self confidence , Some will say "swagger" or OT bravado. But scary?? Let me ask..back in 2007 were the NY Giants "scared" of the Pats? Yesterday, were the Jets "scared" of the Pats? More often than not, games r won/lost based on the talent level each team fields. However, the mindset that each player has going into a game will sometimes even exceed talent. It's called the "will to win"!

The Seahawks look tough, but they haven't faced a good offense since they lost to the Cowboys in week 7. They have faced a lot of bad or mediocre offenses.

They would totally lock our offense, even at full health, down. Meanwhile, they have a mobile quarterback who is accurate on offense and we all know what our defensive game plan is against those guys. They're the team in the NFC that I really don't want to see.

Completely agree. Don't understand the people in this thread under rating Seattle. I consider their defense one of the better defenses in NFL history, and the Pats offense isn't that great if you can get to Brady and take Gronk out of the game, 2 things I think Seattle could do easily. We've seen it time and time again too, a good defense starts to get to Brady and he gets skittish in the pocket and we start dinking and dunking it down the field because it's the only way to move the ball.

Wilson's mobility is so under rated too, he has almost 1,000 yards rushing and 6 TDs on the season. His ability to extend plays with his feet and find open guys is amazing. Would much rather play GB or Dallas in the Super Bowl but I don't see anyone beating SEA at home.

What annoyed me the most was Okung and Unger were out for SEA and their offense runs for 267 yards puts up almost 600 yards vs a Top 5 defense.

We lose Dan Connolly and the o-line becomes the self check-out line at Market Basket.

The Seahawks look tough, but they haven't faced a good offense since they lost to the Cowboys in week 7. They have faced a lot of bad or mediocre offenses.

Probably gonna get killed for this but is the Pats offense really elite? They have a bunch of average RB's, a average to below average o-line, and 3 receiving targets. Amendola is a non-factor when Edelman is playing. Edelman is OK but nothing amazing. Lafell is a good receiver but hardly a #1 WR or an elite target. Pats have no depth @ WR behind Lafell/Edelman.

Sherman could easily erase Lafell, their safeites (2 of the best in the league) could limit Gronk, and I'm sure they could stop Edelman.

Besides, they stopped GB and Broncos (last year). We know they can stop an elite offense.

Really? This thread?

No. Seattle does not look scary. They haved looked like a team that has done what they are suppose to do against Kirk Cousins, Cam Newton, Derek Carr, Eli Manning, Drew Stanton, Mark Sanchez, Colin Kaepernick, and Ryan Lindley.

I'm a big admirer of the Seahawks, and they could definitely make a run at repeating. But I think this is a good point. They've faced few good offenses, and few QBs who are legitimate threats. They lost at home to Dallas and Romo, and on the road to SD and Rivers; they had to go to OT at home to beat Manning, and they got Aaron Rodgers at home at the beginning of the season before GB's offense had gelled.

Gimmicky offense? They put up 596 yards on the Cards who have one of the top defenses in the league. Seattle looks better now than they did last year. They've allowed 33 points scored in their last 5 games combined. If they continue to compete at this level, I don't see anyone stopping them.

Probably gonna get killed for this but is the Pats offense really elite? They have a bunch of average RB's, a average to below average o-line, and 3 receiving targets. Amendola is a non-factor when Edelman is playing. Edelman is OK but nothing amazing. Lafell is a good receiver but hardly a #1 WR or an elite target. Pats have no depth @ WR behind Lafell/Edelman.

Sherman could easily erase Lafell, their safeites (2 of the best in the league) could limit Gronk, and I'm sure they could stop Edelman.

Besides, they stopped GB and Broncos (last year). We know they can stop an elite offense.

You are right. If the Pats make it to the SB and are to face SEA, they might as well not show up.

Is SEA a very good team? Yes.

Has SEA faced a good offense/good QB since Romo hung 30 on them? No.

Dallas is not afraid of going up to Seattle and giving them a run for their money. Hopefully the Cowboys can do the dirty work for us.

I do feel like their defense would limit our offense, but also feel like our defense would match up with their offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes