Seahawks, Jaguars liked Mitchell at DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@dougkyed
Told if Malcolm Mitchell doesn't work at WR, he can play DB. Seahawks, Jaguars, other teams preferred him there.

@dougkyed
NFL scout compared #Patriots Malcolm Mitchell to Troy Brown in his ability to play WR and ST with the potential to fill in at CB.

Can he play man to man on the outside? I am still hopeful to see what roberts bring to the table. He already has the athletic ability.

I can't imagine belichick drafted him to play CB right after he took another CB.

I can't imagine belichick drafted him to play CB right after he took another CB.

Over his 16 drafts he has taken 2 CBs in the same draft a handful of times...

Keep in mind that Sherman was a wide receiver converted to cornerback. So the Seahawks have a good track record in that regard.
'

Holy smokes! The number one rated coming out of HS? Wow, so yes, I think this is something that the Patriots should definitely look into. Wasn't Sherman a WR? I doubt he is another Sherman, but he would be a guy to match up against the larger receivers in the league, i.e. big and slow as opposed to the small and quick (who we match up with Cyrus).

WRs are a dime a dozen, but big CB are a very rare commodity. The Patriots have got to try this guy at corner.

Mitchell will make the 53. It will be interesting to see if he is given camp reps at DB as well as WR. Personally, I think that we are fine at CB this year. However, 2017 is another story.

WR first

DB if it doesn't work out. We have talent at corner, less so at WR.

Mitchell will make the 53. It will be interesting to see if he is given camp reps at DB as well as WR. Personally, I think that we are fine at CB this year. However, 2017 is another story.

I think it's telling (possibly) that they went so hard at the CB position in the draft. I think it's possible insurance against Butler and Ryan departing and then being left to hold the bag. I am one of the only people here that think it's a high possibility that Butler walks away when the time comes. Some team will blow him away just like Denver with Talib and the Pats won't match. I can't see any other reason than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes