PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks hope to trade Darrell Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall Belichick wasn't the biggest fan of Jackson's talk back in 2003 when we beat them. He was having a really good season before he got hurt but his hands are below average to be nice. RFA DJ Hackett is the Seahawk WR I would love the Patriots to get.

This guy is the real deal when he is healthy. His hands are better than some give him credit for. But really? When is this guy ever healthy? No thanks,I'd rather see the Pat's pay someone who could atleast play 12 or 13 games a season.

I now have this mental image of a Peckinpaugh film wide receiver... bloody stumps at the ends of his arms, unnatural floppy legs from thigh to ankle... But really. For what Jackson will cost us? Hell we'd end up giving them their 1 back, and nobody wants that!

PFnV

But really. For what Jackson will cost us? Hell we'd end up giving them their 1 back, and nobody wants that!
Seattle isn't getting a #1 for Jackson, with his injury history and salary. They'll be lucky to get a day one pick. It won't be from us, either.

It would be funny that the Seahawks get less for Jackson who is a considerably better WR than Branch.

I agree that I would rather have DJ Hackett. If the Seahawks are dumb enough to give him the third qualifying offer that comes with a second round pick compensation, I think the Pats might consider stealing him away.

It would be funny that the Seahawks get less for Jackson who is a considerably better WR than Branch.

I agree that I would rather have DJ Hackett. If the Seahawks are dumb enough to give him the third qualifying offer that comes with a second round pick compensation, I think the Pats might consider stealing him away.

Injuries aside I would take Jackson over Branch every day of the week. Just not for the price tag that comes with him.

I don't think his knees are as bad as some here think. According to the article he had the surgery in the offseason that helped, and went on to have a pretty good 2006 outing until the turf toe got him for the final three. Even with missing the last three games he still produced 63 catches for 956 yards and 10 touchdowns.

The salary he is getting is hardly out of line for his caliber and backloaded for his final three years at 3.25, 4, and 4.75. It is that accelerated bonus that really sucks with it's 4 mil hit.

I would be happy with a late 2nd or early 3rd for him IF he was willing to restructure that bonus money; something he is likely very unwilling to do. But paying a WR 3.25 for 1000 yards and maybe a 12 TD's (assuming his numbers maintain) seems fair enough for me.

The salary he is getting is hardly out of line for his caliber and backloaded for his final three years at 3.25, 4, and 4.75. It is that accelerated bonus that really sucks with it's 4 mil hit.

That accelerated bonus is what would hit the Seahawks cap if they trade him. The team he is traded to is only responsible for his remaining salary. The problem would be if he is unhappy with that salary now, and has been for some time, he might remain unhappy with it on a new team and become a problem child who misses offseason workouts and grouses about wanting a new deal from his new team. So trading for him would really center on the cost and his attitude. As a salary only player he could be auditioned for a year if he's motivated to get out of Seattle and prove them wrong, and cut at no cost if he didn't work out. That really makes it then a matter of what potentially one year of his talent is worth in draft compensation. He would likely be worth a flyer on a conditional day 2 pick (say a 5th that could become a 4th or even 3rd. But than again we don't have a 5th as we already wasted that one on Gabriel.

you guys are way off on him
this guy is a very good nfl wr
i would def trade a pick for him
id give a third rd easily
maybe more

as for hackett, yes id love him, and hed be cheap, but hes restricted and theyll keep him

but come one, djack is better than u guys are giving him credit for

im sorry but we already have a receiver who can drop balls in big games.

we don't need another

Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing