PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks fan here - I come in peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bills lost 4 times in succession.

Dallas vs Buffalo superbowl happened in 1993 and 1994 too

Right. My point is that the history may not be applicable to the Seahawks.

Seahawks played a great game and they have terrific talent & coaching, but they may one of the most immature teams in the league. Believe that immaturity will cost them next year. Don't see them sustaining the success they've enjoyed for the past few years.

Thanks for the classy post! A game for the ages!

Hi Pats fans!

I'm a long standing Seahawks fans - been supporting them since the mid 80s ...

Hope we can both make it to SB50 when we get a chance for some revenge. Think there is a pretty good chance of that happening as both rosters have a stack of talent.

Congrats again guys.

Kev

Thanks for a gracious and thoughtful note. This board has a history of welcoming polite and knowledgeable Opposition Posters. I hope we see more of you next season!

As for either team's chance of going to SB50, experience tells us that it's way too early to know. Offseason moves, unexpected injuries, retirements, etc., will all have something to do with what we think by the end of August.

FWIW ("not much" IMO), here are the current odds to win SB 50 (link below) for the four teams at the top of the list (after which, the odds drop off to 20/1):

SEA: 13/2 (why can't Vegas just say 6.5/1?)
NEP: 8/1
GBP: 10/1
DEN: 10/1

For the Seahawks, the obvious question is whether they can become the first team to lose an SB and return the next year since the Bills did it over 20 years ago. Will they be able to keep all the pieces they need when they give RW the contract he deserves?

For the Pats, I'm not worried about the mental toughness to return to the SB after winning the year before, but, still, the questions are many. But, that's not the topic of this thread other than that I will mention the words "Revis" and "keep" in the same sentence.

For Denver, the biggest questions are whether P. Manning (Welker?) will return and whether a new HC can get the job done in his first season. Etc.

A healthy Aaron Rodgers makes GB formidable, doesn't he?

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

thanks again. hope to hear more from you here next season.

Last edited:
I don't know why you'd say there horrible. Getting to the super bowl three years in a row now a days is harder than when the jills did it, but certainly within the realm of possibility. The hawks are a great team and as long as they stay healthy theres no reason the can't make it back.

The seahawks in 2014 are not the team they were in 2013, as the dimunition has begun. No Red Bryant, Browner, or the receiving talents of Percy Harvin or Sidney Rice. Injuries removed Brandon Mebane for the year and the secondary was banged up.

But the reason the Seahawks will likely fail is because historically Super Bowl losers are ripped by disension and often don't even make the Playoffs. Have you seen the *****in, caterwauling and second guessing already in progress which destroys team chemistry?

More importantly they lucked out this year with injuries removing starting QBs from the Rams and Cards, and the 49ers were torn with team troubles and injuries. Any or all will be back in 2015.

Thanks for all your comments, guys.

Yeah, John Smith was a good kicker but guess he'll always be remembered for the Snow Plough game (didn't a guy on day release from jail clear a path for him to kick it?!) and he was going to attempt a FG vs the Dolphins in 1980 when Howard Cosell of MNF announced John Lennon had been killed - I think Lennon had been a guest on the show a few years before?

Will definitely try and get to a game in Seattle at some point - wife and I were at Universal Orlando in October and saw a couple wearing Seahawks gear; I got chatting to them and they couldn't believe I lived in the UK! We've been emailing each other since so would be cool to go and visit them and catch a game. Seattle looks an awesome place to visit, so going to try and save some cash up for that!

I hope we can keep Lynch - hard to try and say what Marshawn will do but he is such a power back that he defines us, I think. Defense will be strong again though the LOB all seem to need some medical procedures and Thomas may need 6-8 months recovery. Some talk among fans we might look to sign Suh from the Lions but I think that is unlikely to happen as he will want plenty of bucks! I think we need a big bodied WR, maybe upgrade the OL and also maybe another pass rusher.

As guys have said, there's a lot of variables in football and if that Packer guy hadn't tried to recover the on side kick in the NFCCG, we wouldn't even have got to the SB. It' tough to lose in the last few seconds but I've got over the disappointment now and looking forward to the new season - will be tough with our schedule but think we will be tough to beat at C Link and so will need to win some matches on the road.

Some of the Seahawks are definitely brash but I don't have a problem with most of that, but Baldwin was not at all classy with his antics when he scored - even most 12's didn't approve of that stupidity. Very dumb on his behalf.

As for the Pats - think they will be team to beat in the AFC; Broncos may be on the slippery slope and might be the Bills and Ravens who figure strongly. Roll on September...

Hopefully the Seahawks and the Pats will meet in SB50 - we'll see!

Kev

I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the Pats as one of the earliest games I can remember watching was when John Smith ( a Brit!) kicked a FG in the snow in that snow plough match against the Dolphins in the early 80s.

Kev
lol somewhere don shula is still crying about that game. what a wuss.

Good. Now if you really want to get on our good side, then tell us how the bad man from Indy deflated that one football and scratch our belly. :p

jk. Classy fan. :)

Keep us in the loop with the SeaHawks doings in 2015.
We like the inside fan view which is often far more incisive than the national media.

Hi Pats fans!

I'm a long standing Seahawks fans - been supporting them since the mid 80s so seen some pretty tough seasons which makes the last couple of years so special. I'm a long distance fan as I live in the UK - when football first got shown on the TV here, most of my buddies supported the big name teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins and Raiders but I decided to support a team from a city I had never heard of! One day I would love to go to a game in Seattle, maybe next season...

I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the Pats as one of the earliest games I can remember watching was when John Smith ( a Brit!) kicked a FG in the snow in that snow plough match against the Dolphins in the early 80s.

Anyway, thought I would say stop by and say a big congrats to the Pats for winning SB49 - it was a great game, the best SB I have seen. I would have loved it if we had scored a TD at the end instead of the INT but it is what it is and your guy made a great play on the ball. I didn't mind a passing play but didn't like the choice of that particular play but guess if it had ended in a TD, Carroll and Co would have been praised for calling the play.

Hope we can both make it to SB50 when we get a chance for some revenge. Think there is a pretty good chance of that happening as both rosters have a stack of talent.

Congrats again guys.

Kev
Welcome to the board.
Although your team did not come out on top, the fans can remember being part of the most exciting Super Bowl in history.

didn't John Smith miss a game winning FG on Monday night football soon after the murder of John Lennon was announced?

No, he nailed it.

Although at that moment, it meant very little to me all of a sudden.

While the trend may indeed be that the loser of the Super Bowl does not return, that does not mean that Seattle does not have the best chance to win the NFC.

It's a case of which team has the best chance of winning the conference, as opposed to one team versus the entire field of 15 other teams.

To put it another way: if Seattle is not the favorite to win the NFC, then who is? Perhaps one could make a case for Green Bay or Dallas, but if I had to choose the team most likely to win the NFC in 2015 it would be the Seahawks, because their defense is vastly superior to that of the Packers or Cowboys.

Agreed about favoring the Seahawks, but there is a lot of free agency & draft to affect the result, never mind the injury factor.
I had no problem making Denver the AFC favorite last fall.
This fall...fahgettaboutit
It's Pats vs Ravens with Colts and maybe KC (doubt it) as wildcard since the ball bounces funny

Thanks dude, classy post. It was a game for the ages and your team showed the courage of a champion fighting through injuries and giving us all we could handle. I'm not a fan of the hawks but I respect the team a lot. First champ in 10 years to make it back to the super bowl.... In this era that's the sign of a legit franchise.

How many fa's does Seattle have this year? I understand lynch and Wilson are due big paydays, how much of the team do you see coming back? As stands, no reason to believe y'all won't be right back in position for another sb run next year.

I fully expect a Patriots/Seahawks championship game again next year. Two very talented teams who know who they are. It would be awesome to see them go at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back