PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks fan here - I come in peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev007

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi Pats fans!

I'm a long standing Seahawks fans - been supporting them since the mid 80s so seen some pretty tough seasons which makes the last couple of years so special. I'm a long distance fan as I live in the UK - when football first got shown on the TV here, most of my buddies supported the big name teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins and Raiders but I decided to support a team from a city I had never heard of! One day I would love to go to a game in Seattle, maybe next season...

I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the Pats as one of the earliest games I can remember watching was when John Smith (a Brit!) kicked a FG in the snow in that snow plough match against the Dolphins in the early 80s.

Anyway, thought I would say stop by and say a big congrats to the Pats for winning SB49 - it was a great game, the best SB I have seen. I would have loved it if we had scored a TD at the end instead of the INT but it is what it is and your guy made a great play on the ball. I didn't mind a passing play but didn't like the choice of that particular play but guess if it had ended in a TD, Carroll and Co would have been praised for calling the play.

Hope we can both make it to SB50 when we get a chance for some revenge. Think there is a pretty good chance of that happening as both rosters have a stack of talent.

Congrats again guys.

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
The Brits who started following the Pats in the 80s weren't exactly climbing on the bandwagon ... (When I joined up in '81 the Pats were the worst team in football -- I couldn't watch their home games on Boston-area TV because they were blacked out.)

I have a ton of respect for Pete Carroll and the Seahawks. They played a tough game, had some breaks and then lost on a big, big play.

It was a great game and Seahawks fans have a lot to look forward to next year too.

Last edited:
Odds on the Seahawks making it to SB50 are not good.
The odds are VERY good. I believe they are opening at the best odds to WIN #50. History tells a different story. I think the Seahawks are likely (based on the 2014 start) to get off to a slow start this year. They have a tough schedule as well. That said, I expect them to make the Tournament and every team in the Tournament has a chance to win it all.

Kev, I also remember that game and John Smith. I am looking forward to a rematch next year as well. Best of luck to your team except when they play the Pats.

Odds on the Seahawks making it to SB50 are not good.
I don't know why you'd say there horrible. Getting to the super bowl three years in a row now a days is harder than when the jills did it, but certainly within the realm of possibility. The hawks are a great team and as long as they stay healthy theres no reason the can't make it back.

Hi Pats fans!

I'm a long standing Seahawks fans - been supporting them since the mid 80s so seen some pretty tough seasons which makes the last couple of years so special. I'm a long distance fan as I live in the UK - when football first got shown on the TV here, most of my buddies supported the big name teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins and Raiders but I decided to support a team from a city I had never heard of! One day I would love to go to a game in Seattle, maybe next season...

I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the Pats as one of the earliest games I can remember watching was when John Smith ( a Brit!) kicked a FG in the snow in that snow plough match against the Dolphins in the early 80s.

Anyway, thought I would say stop by and say a big congrats to the Pats for winning SB49 - it was a great game, the best SB I have seen. I would have loved it if we had scored a TD at the end instead of the INT but it is what it is and your guy made a great play on the ball. I didn't mind a passing play but didn't like the choice of that particular play but guess if it had ended in a TD, Carroll and Co would have been praised for calling the play.

Hope we can both make it to SB50 when we get a chance for some revenge. Think there is a pretty good chance of that happening as both rosters have a stack of talent.

Congrats again guys.

Kev
First off the hawks are a great team, second WE know all about the Pain of losing in the last minute. Its happened twice.

Yeah, Seahawks have a good chance next season, the big impact of Lynch and Wilson extensions will be after 2016 season, long contracts are loaded at the final years.

I loved me some John Smith.

I usually love the Seahawks, but these last few weeks have really been trying. The fans here in the Pacific NW have been very aggressive and not very acknowledging that the Pats deserved to win the game. Also, the cheater talk has been unbearable. If Seattle had won, I think the taunting could have been very long lasting. People absolutely hate the Patriots and especially Brady. I guess I would too if I had to hear about how great he is all the time and he wasn't my teams QB.

BTW, definitely make an effort to go to Seattle to see a game, the fans there really get loud and into it. I have been to a game almost every year for the past 7 years and it is a great experience.

And who in your sample was a repeat Super Bowl participant?

Has to be the Bills.

Edit: Just checked. Yup, Bills. Four in a row -- four losses.

The odds are VERY good. I believe they are opening at the best odds to WIN #50. History tells a different story. I think the Seahawks are likely (based on the 2014 start) to get off to a slow start this year. They have a tough schedule as well. That said, I expect them to make the Tournament and every team in the Tournament has a chance to win it all.

Kev, I also remember that game and John Smith. I am looking forward to a rematch next year as well. Best of luck to your team except when they play the Pats.

I would take the Vegas early Super Bowl odds with a grain of salt.

IIRC, Denver was tied with Seattle as the early favorite last year.

You've got to put these two teams as favorites in their respective conferences next year.

Which means nothing in February. Dallas, Green Bay, Arizona and others will step up in the NFC.

The AFC looks easier, but Kansas City, Baltimore, Pittsburgh...one day at a time.

To the OP - thanks. Very gracious and classy.

And who in your sample was a repeat Super Bowl participant?

The Bills lost 4 times in succession.

Dallas vs Buffalo superbowl happened in 1993 and 1994 too

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bills lost 4 times in succession.

Dallas vs Buffalo superbowl happened in 1993 and 1994 too

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I bet on the Bills every ****ing year.

The first year, I really thought they would win.

The second year, I thought no way they lose two in a row.

The third year, I thought, really, come on, nobody loses 3 in a row.

The fourth year, I thought, this is impossible.

So odds are against Seattle returning, sure. But they're a great team and will have a chance. And if they don't make it back, it doesn't make them a failure in any way.

There are lots of great teams. Sometimes it's a lucky bounce or one play that decides it. Seattle knows the pain of one play away, but if they don't get that bounce on the onside kick, we're not even talking about them as going back-to-back. Ditto the Patriots against the Ravens and that last-minute throw into the endzone, or if they could have held one of their 14-point leads. Then Butler making an incredible play to clinch it when 99% of us had given up hope.

One play here or there and you could argue the Packers or the Seahawks or the Patriots or possibly the Ravens could be champions. We deserved it, but so did several other teams. And we got the plays we needed, but we could have been done in the first game too.

So Seattle will have a ton of talent and will have a good chance to come back, as will we. But so will several others. It will probably depend on only a handful of plays.

didn't John Smith miss a game winning FG on Monday night football soon after the murder of John Lennon was announced?

Thanks for the congratulations! I have been impressed with the Seahawks and I hope they continue to be successful next year. I could absolutely see both teams being good enough to get back to the SB again next year.

One day I would love to go to a game in Seattle, maybe next season...

I lived in Seattle for a few years, and you should absolutely go there for a vacation if you can manage it. It is a beautiful city surrounded by one of the most gorgeous natural landscapes I have seen in North America. If you are planning on going during the football season, I would recommend trying to go to the earliest game you can manage, because Seattle weather peaks in July and August and usually starts to rapidly decline into a wet, chilly mess by the end of October. If you're an outdoorsy person and you manage to arrive before the wet season, make sure to get some kayaking and hiking in while you're there. Seattle is surrounded by lakes and mountains and islands. Let me know if you have any questions about the area!

The Seahawks are a great team and have a good chance of returning if they can bring the big pieces back in the offseason. They have benefited from a large number of rookie deals, and now have to deal with the reality of paying the players or finding comparable talent in the draft. That can be tough.

I agree with others. We have seen tough losses twice, and those end of the game turns are heartbreaking on the receiving end. Likely nobody understands that better than the fans here. But good teams do bounce back, and the Hawks experience winning it all last year will likely leave less of a hangover than the first timers face the next season. It should be an interesting ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes