PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks cut Braylon Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
If healthy, why not? If he acts up send him packing or have Vince have a private meeting with him. He would definately be a redzone option and a guy on the other side that defenses would atleast have to think about.

Plus can you imagine the playoff beard ? Unmatched !

Last edited:
I mean, we signed Kellen Winslow earlier this season, right??
Yeah, they managed to teach him one route in the four days before the game. And Winslow had six times as many yards over the past two seasons compared to Edwards.

If healthy, why not? If he acts up send him packing or have Vince have a private meeting with him. He would definately be a redzone option and a guy on the other side that defenses would atleast have to think about.

Plus can you imagine the playoff beard ? Unmatched !

Obviously, why else would Pete have cut him.

1071380984_2d02ee3f79.jpg

I would take him over Stallworth anytime.The guy can still play if healthy, thats the big question.At least he is a deep threat.They have nothing to lose bringing him in.Also he would play with a real QB.He acts up then they release him.

Seahawks probably didn't like his pro-sanchez comments and thought it reflected badly on them that anyone in the organization could think mark was a beast.

Last edited:
The guy can still play if healthy, thats the big question.
Very debatable, unless he's been hurt all of the past two seasons.
At least he is a deep threat.
His longest reception the past two seasons was 21 yards past the line of scrimmage. His longest receiving play was 24 yards. Worse than Lloyd, worse than Stallworth.
They have nothing to lose bringing him in.
Except a roster spot when they're dealing with a lot of injuries and need contributions from basically every healthy player on the roster.

Last edited:
- Bad reputation
- Seemingly on the decline

Reminds me of Randy Moss before he signed with the Patriots

SIGN BRAYLON EDWARDS. You never know

- Bad reputation
- Seemingly on the decline

Reminds me of Randy Moss before he signed with the Patriots

SIGN BRAYLON EDWARDS. You never know

Actually, we do.

ICHC_DoNotWant.jpg

Edwards would have no chance here--has there ever been a receiver we've plugged in mid-year that's had success in the Brady era? Toxic personality(no interest in going back down that Adalius thomas type of road) and no way he can pick up this playbook in a week. If Ocho had a year to learn the playbook, Joey Galloway too...what makes you think Edwards would magically pick this thing up in a few days?

Stallworth was being interviewed this summer about the Pats offense and what makes it click so well, and he kept mentioning the Pats offense is so intricate as every route is so much more detailed. He didn't diss Washington or Philly's system, he was just overwhelmed with the detail, precision, and nuances of NE's offense and you have to be a scholar of the game to be successful.

I believe they waived him with the injured designation meaning he is damaged goods and that no team would likely take a chance on him. His agents job is to get on the phone and convince teams otherwise. I think he has to revert to Seahawk IR or the Seahawks need to reach some settlement with him now. He is also likely eligible for termination and severance pay. I cant see any team touching him.

Poor attitude, total moron, and has lost some of the physical gifts that he used to have. Pass.

I think a lot of people underestimate the intelligence/football smarts factor that comes into the equation here with our complicated scheme and timing system.

That is precisely why many other good WRs around the league would not necessarily do well in N England.

We often see many good skills such as speed, size, strength, etc--but the actual truth of the matter is that Belichick is looking for something else too, due to some of the nuances of being able to succeed here in the system, and the way that everyone depends on each other to make the play work.

It's exactly the reason why we passed on Dez Bryant 3x over, and why many of the other WRs in the NFL probably aren't even considered here.

And its why the Pats need to keep Welker.

Poor attitude, total moron, and has lost some of the physical gifts that he used to have. Pass.

Braylon is hurt and Braylon is unreliable. Not exactly 2 qualities I want to add right now.

(still some love for 10/30/04, though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back