• A "Classy" Chargers loss

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • A JEST, er, Jets loss

Votes: 75 65.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think SD might be only a an apple or 2 away from the whole cart being knocked over--and out. LdT loses his starting job, Cromartie exposed,etc. For all of you favoring a 1st rounder on a CB take note:

39 pts by Denver against Jammer,Cromartie and Cason!!

I dont like the JEST but I would rather them live in mediocrity at 6-10, good enough to maybe knock off the Bills once for us. I am NOT scared of them winning the division at all. SD is a bunch of stars that dont play well together....and I for one would like to see them topple into a Skins/Ravens type of tumble. One of these days the odds man says the JEST will make good on one of those high draft picks....

Kinda like our choices for President-quoting Southpark-a turd and a douchebag!

It's hard to tell. The Jets could end up competing for us for the division, and the Chargers could end up competing with us for a wild card spot. Tough call here, you don't want to root for one side and then later in the year that team end up taking the last playoff spot over us.

Re: SD vs. NYJ: Who to root against?

The JETS have a pretty soft schedule with fewer tough opponents left including just SD and AZ (only if Warner doesn't dislocate a finder of something in the next few weeks)...and us again and Buffalo twice.

SD is already down 0-2 and with Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Indy, us and a rematch with Denver in Denver yet to face so I'd much rather see them take down a team in our division and worry about them being in the conference (with Denver in their division) some other time.

With me it's never about me, it's about us...

Wow, we have two games in Denver this year. I guess we really got screwed in the schedule. :rolleyes:

It truly sickens me to say this but I would prefer the Jets to beat the Chargers.
I think San Diego is a much better team and I think that they are more of our competetion as the playoffs get closer. The Jets are a fraud! And I suspect that San Diego will put an old time whooping on them.
Plus, we have San Diego's second round pick next year. I'd love to have this pick end up in the mid to high 40's. We'd either get a good player or use it to do what BB and SP do better than anyone else in the game and that is flip it in some combination for soemthing better either in 2009 or 2010.
For this one week, I can forget about the past to better our future.
Respects,

Rich

I've stoped rooting for high draft picks by the Pats. Look at 2006. I admit that the Colts draft better. I'll take the 32nd pick each year.

Go Jets!:) Favre torched them last year with the Packers hopefully he can do it again.

Last edited:
Go Chargers...

The worse the Jests get beat this year, the worse off Mangina is, and the worse off the Jesters will be next year when Lord Fart really retires.

I actually like Rivers after the game he played in the playoffs last year. God I never thought I would be saying that. LaDamion is a cry baby.

I have no reason to root for the Jets. None.

Do what I do, and root for a meteor to hit the stadium.

IF San Diego starts 0-3 the seed of doubt will be planted. In fact it could be a knock out punch.

As much as we all hate the Jets, I think San Diego is the greater threat this season, in regard to potential play-off seeding, etc.

I'm gonna hafta root for the Jets to win this one. I figure the Jets will pretty much crash(get it...crash!!! Oh, I hate puns) on thier own somewhere down the season, and I don't see them as much of a threat.

On the otherhand, the Super Classy San Diego Super Chargers might need thier noses rubbed in excrement for a few weeks before the internal quarrels set in and they self destruct.

People don't understand that a Jets win will hurt that fan base even worse. They are already expecting to suck again so a loss won't really be that bad for them. But these are the people who thought they had "closed the gap" up until a week ago after having a 4-12 season. Building up their hopes, yet again, only to see them crushed, yet again, is the greatest amount of torture they can go through at this point. Plus the Chargers are a legit threat. A Chargers loss and a Jets win would be perfect IMO.

Think about them winning a few before we play them again, and they start talking trash and thinking they might win only to have a much improved Matt Cassel destroy them. Plus I don't want them to get another high draft pick, so a 8-8 season followed by absolute disaster next year (Mangina fired etc.) sounds about right.

Last edited:
San Diego is primed for a letdown this year because of their coach Knob Turner AKA The Cromagnum. Teams usually quit on horrible coaches in year two. I dont think the Chargers or Jets will be a threat to us this year.

So number 1 priority is getting that 2nd round pick from the chargers as high as possible. 3 losses off the bat for the chargers we could be looking at mid to high 2nd round pick when the season is over.

Since winning the division is very important (esp. this year w/ no TB), I'd have to root for a Jets loss, although I don't like either team, and I wouldn't mind seeing LT on the bench again with a towel covering his head!

i can only answer this by first saying that i am not pulling FOR the Jests...but i would rather see the Chargers lose because one more loss for them could mean the difference of homefield advantage if we meet them in the playoffs...the Jests are just not as big a threat...

Re: SD vs. NYJ: Who to root against?

Gotta be the Jets surely? Doesn't it? Yes it does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back