Votes: 39 34.2%
  • A JEST, er, Jets loss

Votes: 75 65.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SD vs. NYJ: Who to root against?

Sorry, but I hate Philip Rivers, LT and the Chargers much more at the moment. The Pats and Bills will take care of the Jests. I'll root for the evil green for one night...

That's easy. I want the Chargers to win. The Jets have the best chance of competing for the division.

Exactly. Take care of the division first, especially this year.

I will never root for the RATS!

Sorry :D
Agree 100%.

The Chargers are annoying. The Jets are evil.

There may be new fans who think our arch enemy is the CHargers or the COlts or the Steelers, but old-timers know: Never root for the Jets.

In this game, I'm hoping that the Chargers win the game, but also that the drinking water to the locker rooms of both teams gets mold or something in it. Nothing real bad, but enough to give all players and staff a week or so of explosive diarhea, and squirty farts.

I assume LdT will have yet another excuse why he can't play, maybe hangnail or a stubbed toe or something, but even so the Chargers ought to dismantle the Jests.

We have the Chargers' second round draft pick so I have to swallow hard and root for the Jesters. Ick.

Another point worth considering. But it's hard to imagine the Chargers missing out on the playoffs or anything though, which is the only scenario in which I'd really start to care where that #2 is.

Still, I'm more worried about competing against the Chargers for a bye than the Jets for the division. After seeing what the Jets had to offer the other day, I don't think they are much of a threat.

We have the Chargers' second round draft pick so I have to swallow hard and root for the Jesters. Ick.

Still can't bring myself to do it. I liken it to rooting for the Skanks last weekend against the Rays...once again, couldn't do it, regardless of the ramifications. My DNA is just hardwired to root against anything from New York(or, to be more accurate, New Jersey) at anytime.

I'm pulling for the Jets for two reasons:

1) The Chargers are a bigger threat to us. If they lose we have a good idea of where the Pats are at and hopefully an 0-3 start leads to them spiraling out of control.

2) The Jets don't scare me at all. The Bills are better than them. They aren't going anywhere anyway and since their despicable fanbase is expecting a loss to the Chargers anyway, it won't hurt them much. What will be more brutal for them is if they start getting their hopes up again only to get crushed, again. That yo-yo of emotions is the perfect torture for Jest fans.

Rooting is an emotion driven exercize. Gotta hate the Jets.

If we need SD to beat the Jets for us to win the AFCE, I'm not impressed with the 2008 Pats.

If we can't beat SD on our own, we're going nowhere post season.

Therefore let emotion run free and revel joyously in the implosion that is the Jets' 2008 season.

Last edited:

Rooting order = Pats 1st, AFCE 2nd, AFC 3rd
I'll take the Jets.

Some here have hopes (although I think its far fetched) of home field advantage so why would you want SD to win?

Unless you are afraid of the Jets being a serious contender for the east then its pure stupidity to root for the far superior team to win and one who is likely to have a good shot for the #1 seed

"Doesn't he realize what this season means to Jets fans? We got Brett Favre, we've got lightning in a bottle.... and we are watching it get squandered by this inept little pudgemuffin of a coach."

Sorry, I get too much pleasure in reading stuff like the above quote from JI. Go Chargers.

Rooting order = Pats 1st, AFCE 2nd, AFC 3rd
I'll take the Jets.

Here's mine: 1. Pats 2. Anyone who beats the hell out of the Jets 3. Anyone who beats the hell out of the Colts 4. Anyone who beats the hell out of the Chargers 5. Anyone who beats the hell out of the Steelers.

With this said, I guess I'll root for the Chargers but I'm still really rooting for a very, very physical football game.

Gotta go with the Jets, I mean they are our main competition to go to the Superbowl aren't they? *snicker* *snicker*

Jets: Spygate, Mangini, the Branch debacle, division opponent.

Chargers: Philip Rivers & co. acting like jerks.

No contest. :D

My inclination is for the ground to fall out from underneath both teams and have them all sucked into the fiery depths of hell.

But aside from that, I suppose that I am - by the slimmest of margins - hoping San Diego loses. I have no fear that the Jets will pile up some losses as the year goes on, and I believe our stiffest competition for the division will come from Buffalo. San Diego - no matter what their record is - scares me. With Indy not looking like Indy, I'd say a Brady-less Patriots still has a shot at one of the two byes if San Diego can be kept down. So for one week, I'll root for the Jets. Barf.

I just spit out my water at work. That was hilarious! However, ESPN reported Lord Favre walks on water, so I bet he could walk on air as well. I don't see him going down with the other rats.

I want the Chargers to lose, since we own their second-round pick this year. Maybe they'll implode and go 5-11 and set us up with a nice pick, but that's very wishful thinking...even for a draftnik!:rolleyes:

SD v. JEST poll

That thread needs a poll . . . so here it is.

BTW--I'm for the Chargers loss. The Pats have SD's second rounder in the draft.

Last edited:

there is a question here? if the chargers were undefeated and the jets were 0-2, well maybe i could root for the evil green.

but afce rival. chargers are 0-2, eric mangina, lord farve

it is not contest.

this week i am rooting on the same side as this guy.....

YouTube - San Diego Chargers #1 Fan!

With this said, I guess I'll root for the Chargers but I'm still really rooting for a very, very physical football game.

It should be. Both teams are pissed off and have something to prove in front of a national audience. I think SD takes the win and Favre gets nothing more than one game closer to retirement, but it would be cool to see LdT whine like an out of work crack whore again.

Keep that 2nd round choice heading higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back