• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The two NFL teams I always root hardest against meet on Monday night. Alas, one has to come away with a victory. Who are you rooting against and why?

The case against San Diego: An enormously talented team that has a history of starting slow then getting rolling in a big way. Their 0-2 record so far is mighty fluky, they should be dangerous through the course of the season. It would be nice -- and classy -- to keep them down.

The case against the Jets
: A 1-2 start could help the wheels come off this team, which has already shown warning signs of self-immolation. After a huge FA spending spree and the arrival of Brett Favre on a white stallion with trumpets blaring, another losing season should bring about the end of the Mangini era.

What's your call?

Re: SD vs. NYJ: Who to root against?

I will never root for the RATS!

Sorry :D

I hope this is a well played, VERY HARD HITTING game with the winner coming out of the game down for a few weeks (and losses) afterward. Kind of like the San Diego/Indy playoff game last year. Yeah, that's what I want to see happen this weekend with this game.

Let's hope for a tie. a 0-0 tie.

The two NFL teams I always root hardest against meet on Monday night. Alas, one has to come away with a victory. Who are you rooting against and why?

The case against San Diego: An enormously talented team that has a history of starting slow then getting rolling in a big way. Their 0-2 record so far is mighty fluky, they should be dangerous through the course of the season. It would be nice -- and classy -- to keep them down.

: A 1-2 start could help the wheels come off this team, which has already shown warning signs of self-immolation. After a huge FA spending spree and the arrival of Brett Favre on a white stallion with trumpets blaring, another losing season should bring about the end of the Mangini era.

What's your call?

My inclination is for the ground to fall out from underneath both teams and have them all sucked into the fiery depths of hell.

But aside from that, I suppose that I am - by the slimmest of margins - hoping San Diego loses. I have no fear that the Jets will pile up some losses as the year goes on, and I believe our stiffest competition for the division will come from Buffalo. San Diego - no matter what their record is - scares me. With Indy not looking like Indy, I'd say a Brady-less Patriots still has a shot at one of the two byes if San Diego can be kept down. So for one week, I'll root for the Jets. Barf.

That's easy. I want the Chargers to win. The Jets have the best chance of competing for the division.

SD to loose for sure. They are combustible with not much leadership, as the losses pile up they will start to loose their wheels.

If the Jets lose, no big deal - They are over hyped by Lord Farve.

Last edited:

Let's hope for a tie. a 0-0 tie.

beat me to it:D

let's add to that-

both offenses look like sh*t, multiple turnovers on each side, Captain Class pouting on the sideline again.

What's your call?

The chargers of course

If Brady were healthy, I would say root against San Diego, since they are a bigger threat to the top regular season goal, home field advantage throughout the playoffs. With Brady, the division would be in the bag, so who cares if the Jets get a win.

But since Brady is out, I think first and foremost I'd like to bury the division teams, so I'd rather see San Diego win and us be two up on the Jets quickly.

The Jets are in our Division, and winning the AFCE is priority #1 right now. You have to root against the Rats, and it's no contest.

SD for 2 reasons:

1-I don't like RAT. The more games Jets loose, the faster RAT will be out of there.
2-Bronco game was a bad game.

In situations like this, I usually let hate drive my opinions.

I hate the Jets more now than ever before. They cannot lose enough to suit me.

Go Chargers! We will take care of the home field issue when we play them.

Chargers, for sure. Let the Favrian Jets continue the embarrassment-a-thon.

Toughie. I think I want the jets to win cause it'll make our win seem better and I'll mena San Diego and Denver are not as good as they (possibly) looked, which would only mean good news for us. I have no doubts that the Jets will not make the playoffs so I'm not worried about them winning one game.

Now there's a nice, simple rule of thumb! :rofl:

OK, go Chargers!

I hate the Jets more now than ever before. They cannot lose enough to suit me.

Go Chargers! We will take care of the home field issue when we play them.

I agree completely....Well said.

And Mangini the Rat needs to be exposed for the fraud that he is.

We have the Chargers' second round draft pick so I have to swallow hard and root for the Jesters. Ick.

Rooting against the division rival Jets. But this is still a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

rooting against the jets is a given. that too monday night with kornheiser fawning over favre. would be great if SD kicks them around the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes