PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD Newpaper Reporter on ESPN Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I wish I could remember his name but I was driving to a meeting when he was on and the mindless meeting wiped it from my brain.

He had some interesting things to say and at least in this limited sample didn't seem to have an agenda.

Some items of interest for the Pats.

1. He thought Wade Phillips would do a good job in Dallas.

2. He was unsure of Cameron in Miami. He thought Cameron was badly out coached in the divisional round. He also cited his record at Indiana and the fact that in his opinion Cameron didn't have the right make up to be a head coach. He seemed to think he would be soft on the players and wouldn't have a big enough personality to maintain control.

I hope he's right about Cameron. You never know if the guy is SD-Borges and Cameron refused comment once and pissed him off but like I said at a quick listen he didn't seem to have an agenda.

Last edited:
Cameron's pre SD resume is a little short on production...but I doubt Wade will do any better in Dallas than he did in Buffalo. He doesn't have the stones to stand up to idiot ownership. The only reason Buffalo had a couple of winning seasons on his watch had more to do with Buffalo's Pro personnel Director AJ Smith acquiring a diminutive QB from Canada whom Wade screwed come playoff time at crazy Ralph's direction in favor of the immortal Rob Johnson.

Ah yes, Wade pissed away the Bills' short (pun intended) playoff window by starting the excerable Rob Johnson.

Word up is that the Boys OC is Da Man being groomed for HC once Wade falters or even succeds with a good O. Great position to be in if you're Ol Wade, but hey, for the $ why not?

He thought Cameron was badly out coached in the divisional round.

Much needed perspective for the McDaniels-bashers. Here's a guy who, AT HOME, with the ball in opposing territory most of the day, with arguably the best back to EVER play, the premiere TE in the game and a pro-bowl QB, only managed 3 scoring drives...and somehow forgot that his RB was a sure 6-yard gain every time he touched the ball and only gave him 8 touches in the 2nd half (with a lead most of the half BTW). For his efforts, he's rewarded a head-coaching job.

Honestly, did McDaniels ever have a 'sure thing' to work with in his offense in '06? The closest thing to it would be Kevin Faulk IMO.

Last edited:
I see - so even the reporters are having to delude themselves and rationalize how, by re-upping Marty as a lame duck coach next season instead of firing him a month ago, they basically drove away their coordinators (who Marty had said he delegated much of the game calling to anyway) to other jobs.

Then, once all their coordinators and top assistants were gone, the Chargers fire Marty, ensuring that his successor would have few assistants to choose from and a team that went 14-2 would be forced to implement new offensive and defensive playbooks and terminology?

Yessss - that's a masterstroke of genius if there ever was one. Thank goodness they don't have anyone left to promote from within. God forbid they retain anyone who had any hand in helping them go 14-2 last season.

Don't get me wrong - 4 weeks ago I thought firing Marty was the smart move.

But 4 weeks later the same move is exceptionally dumb.

I'd love to have some of those same Chargers fans who were talking smack before come back here to tell us what a smart move this was by their front office!

Last edited:
Cameron's pre SD resume is a little short on production...but I doubt Wade will do any better in Dallas than he did in Buffalo. He doesn't have the stones to stand up to idiot ownership. The only reason Buffalo had a couple of winning seasons on his watch had more to do with Buffalo's Pro personnel Director AJ Smith acquiring a diminutive QB from Canada whom Wade screwed come playoff time at crazy Ralph's direction in favor of the immortal Rob Johnson.

If Flutie starts that playoff game, Tennessee never goes to the SB.

How can anyone respect a coach who pulls that stunt?

The good news: 2007 - NE @ DAL.

The great thing about the whole Charger debacle is that the Pats won't be known as the 'disloyal' organization anymore :)

Maybe he'll start Drew. :bricks:

I'd still rather see, at least from this guys point of view, the lesser coach in Miami since that's two games every year vs one game every four years for Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes