Welcome to PatsFans.com

SD legislature bans abortion.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInMaine, Feb 24, 2006.

1. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Excellent. The start of a move away from legalized murder. Strike one up for the good guys.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Government tries again to assert control over a woman's body.

I wish the sexist anti-abortion crowd would show more compassion for the living, rather than for a mass of fetal matter, but of course true compassion costs money, which goes against many of the religious perverts who oppose abortion.
  4. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If the majority of Californians agree with this ruling, then so be it. Its the state's right to make laws based on the desire of the populace. The federal government say that it is legal, basically giving the states the right to decide yes or no. Cali has decided not to allow abortions.

I for one support pro-choice. However, as I'm not a resident of California, I really have no say in the matter.
  5. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Hmmm ....

SD = South Dakota not San Diego or Sacramento

6. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

:D

Leave me be .. it's been a long week .... Saw San Diego for some reason ...
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Now don't be touchy Patty, but wern't you once a "mass of fetal matter"?
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I am agnostic.

I care less about 9 months of a woman's body than the whole life of the baby who is ripped to pieces.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

If the majority of Californians wanted George Bush ripped to pieces would that be OK too ? Abortion is a disgusting perversion of mankind.
  10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This won't stop abortion. It will continue in back alleys with coat hangers as it was before legalization. Then the bible thumpers will be truly happy when sterile women are once again admitted with perforated uteruses bleeding out.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It won't stop it. But any law which is morally correct is good. And all pro life people aren't bible thumpers :p :)
  12. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Then I assume you'll never be a party to one. That's the beauty of our society, you can disagree all you wish. But, you can't force your views on someone else.

Ms. Smith's decision to have an abortion does not affect you in any way. It doesn't infringe on your rights, and it doesn't deny you anything.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

No but if you killed your neighbor it wouldn't infringe on my rights nor would it deny me anything. But it would still be wrong.
  14. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Way to generalize Patters. good job.
  15. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Put up or shut up. You gotta admire a state GOP for finally acting on their word and banning abortion.

Okay then, PFiM, PLEASE tell your buddies in Washington to have a vote on this same exact bill in the U.S. Congress. Please, please√Ę‚ā¨¬¶ I beg you.
  16. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am no bible thumper, but I can't support abortion, either. There are alternatives. Not acceptable to the Christian Right, but give choice before conception. This alleviates the whole rape/incest arguement. These tradgedies happen to a woman, she can take this drug immediately after coitus and prevent pregnancy. Similarly, should a contraceptive failure occur, this drug could be used to stop those pregnancies as well.

I agree with BF on this one. Abortion is a disgusting perversion of mankind. And it violates the rights of the unborn, making it unconstitutional, as well.

But that doesn't mean we should offer no alternatives to give women the right to choose, either. We do not need a neo theocracy here, either. The pulpit should stay out of politics. It doesn't belong.
  17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Shirtsleeve, if you're not particularly religious, why are you using religion to define when a fetus becomes a human being? Why do you think you are better qualified than the woman to make decisions about her own body? Why do you think you know better than scientists when the fetus is viable outside the womb? You do realize every year there are millions of abortions performed around the world, don't you? Do you really think all those women are engaged in a "disgusting perversion of mankind"?
  18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It has nothing to do with religion for me. AFAIC anything that's done that causes something that would become a human person to not become one is murder. That's from the moment of conception. I don't care if they're human yet, the act of a person should not interfere stop what will otherwise be a life.

The woman and her own body is a BS arguement IMO. It's a mere 9 months after which she can put the child up for adoption. That's a small sacrifice compared to having a baby ripped to pieces . . . how about the baby's choice to not have that happen ?
  19. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is no question by anyone within the scientific community of whether the fetus is life or not.All agree it is. The issue is whether its human life. This is not a religious question. It is a scientific one.
    I make no claims to know of a woman's body, other than that knowledge that got her there in the first place. The issue is not viability of the fetus now outside of the womb. The fetus is human. Made of human, self developing, though not self sustaining right now, with a distict genetic fingerprint. The issue here is this simple. Will the result of a few months of life support(pregnancy) result in a self sustaining American human baby? If the answer is yes, its a baby, if no, its tissue, go ahead and remove it. The pro abortion attempt to dehumanize the slaughter of American children as "tissue" infuriates me. What happens in other countries is beyond my input, but yes I do feel they are performing, at best a disgusting perversion of mankind.

The funny thing is, until conception happens, I totally support a woman's right to choose, as I indicated earlier. Then her right to choose is trumped by the baby's right to life.
  20. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The way I understand it, from a biological standpoint, that until the fetus can survive outside the womb without assistance (medical assistance), it is in a parasitical relationship with the mother (the host). It draws resorces from the host without providing any return.

I think the ultimate issue is our society's willingness to accept irresponsible actions without any sort of repercussions - except to the child. You need a license to own a dog, you need a license to put a new roof on your house. Why not a license to have a child?

I'd like to see a law that would require classes on child care (refreshers courses for each additional child) that would grant a couple a license for 1 year.