PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD game a MUST WIN to save face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, right, the Bears. You know we beat them in Gilette last year, right? In a game where we turned the ball over sloppily four times? Back when they had Thomas Jones and Tank Johnson, and were a one loss team?

Anyway, the Jets tape was taken in the first quarter last game, it had no effect on play. They got better in the offseason and we handed them their a*ses.

I can't wait for the Monday Morning Excuses from pathetic charger fans. Maybe LT can wear a diaper at his press conference and accuse Belichick of date raping him.

I agree.

It's not a must win for the Pats... they've already proven they can beat the Chargers in last year's playoff.

The Chargers on the other hand, have been saying that they gave away the game, lack of playoff experience, that coaching in the second half contributed to it, etc.

Well, now that they're another year wiser with a brand new coaching staff, it's SD that has to put their money where their mouth is.

I'm a die-hard Bolts fan, but I'm also a realist... and the reality is that SD must win this game... not the Pats.
bolts_fan, you can't find better entertainment than this game. Two terrific, physical teams with dynamic offenses and stellar defenses. I'm looking forward to putting all the media crap aside and watching some football.

When we smacked you down the last time we were @ Gillette, if you were taping anything? You suck. Seriously. ----

That was pretty funny. We did get our tails handed to us in that game. I'd be pretty ashamed if we were taping that game too.

I kind of use this terminolgy on Jet fan. Camera pulled and detained, 5 minutes in 1st quarter. Score tied 7-7. What happened to the next 31 points? You sucked is what it was.

I agree, but we COULD also lose because we don't stop Gates. This is one game. It is very important. However, in the end, it is one game. I will not be embarrassed IF we lose. Of course, I expect to win. The ONLY games that are must games for me are division games, playoff games, and sometimes very late season games. That is what both Bills have taught us over the years.

no not a must win at all. IF we lose it will be because we couldnt stop LT. No shame in that...hes kinda good. We'll go and get the next team.

You should change your user name to "Homer".

Any intelligent fan of the game will see that while the game will most likely be very high scoring, a la the Giants/Cowboys game on Monday night, it's not going to be a blowout by one team or another. The Patriots are a very good team, but they are also going against another good team that can match them point for point on offense, and is better than them on defense. Last time the margin of victory was 3 points for the Patriots. All of a sudden you think it'll just jump to 4 TD's? Get real.

Randy Moss...

Did you just say that SD has a better defense? That's funny.

No it's not. Since you guys are fond of saying the past doesn't matter, for the 2007 season thus far we were ranked #3 on total defense... Pats at 7th.

This year has only 1 game so far, but it is what it is.

Randy Moss...

Oh come on... you're going to point to a Raiders' reject as your difference maker this year? Seriously?

I give the Patriots a lot more respect than that, but if he is who you want to point at, let me just say this:

Randy Moss is a has been. He is too self-centered and I don't think that he will change just because he's now a Patriots. Granted, I buy into your system of "team first", but I don't think you can change a leopard's spots. When the honey moon is over, you'll see Moss as he really is. Second, the guy is way too prone to injury. And third, he has repeatedly not given his all during games and this has been documented in Minnesota and Oakland.

He's a Patriots and I suppose the fans must support him, but time will tell.

bolts_fan, you can't find better entertainment than this game. Two terrific, physical teams with dynamic offenses and stellar defenses. I'm looking forward to putting all the media crap aside and watching some football.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to this game, no matter who comes out with a W. It's the best game on the schedule this weekend. Forget the media crapola, I just want to get to Sunday night.

No it's not. Since you guys are fond of saying the past doesn't matter, for the 2007 season thus far we were ranked #3 on total defense... Pats at 7th.

This year has only 1 game so far, but it is what it is.

Boy, I hope you don't have Arizona on your schedule, because they have a better D than either of us!

Don't look now, but New England has the 5th-ranked offense, and San Diego is *gulp* 22nd. Your offense isn't even close to ours.

Last edited:
Oh come on... you're going to point to a Raiders' reject as your difference maker this year? Seriously?

I give the Patriots a lot more respect than that, but if he is who you want to point at, let me just say this:

Randy Moss is a has been. He is too self-centered and I don't think that he will change just because he's now a Patriots. Granted, I buy into your system of "team first", but I don't think you can change a leopard's spots. When the honey moon is over, you'll see Moss as he really is. Second, the guy is way too prone to injury. And third, he has repeatedly not given his all during games and this has been documented in Minnesota and Oakland.

He's a Patriots and I suppose the fans must support him, but time will tell.

He's still better than your #1 thru #3 combined.

Last edited:
Boy, I hope you don't have Arizona on your schedule, because they have a better D than either of us!

I'll give you that -- stats will not tell all of the story, but your comment about being funny was off mark I think.

But you have eyes... who was the more dominating defense last week? Chargers against the Bears or Patriots against the Jets?

He's still better than your #1 thru #3 combined.

Our #1 receiver is a guy named Antonio Gates. Nevermind that we tricked the rest of the NFL and labeled him a TE. Do you honestly think Moss > Gates?

I don't think so. But I'm glad we're talking football instead of other crap.

Our #1 receiver is a guy named Antonio Gates. Nevermind that we tricked the rest of the NFL and labeled him a TE. Do you honestly think Moss > Gates?

Hahahahahaha!

You think Antonio Gates is a better offensive weapon than Randy Moss...

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Oh man is it going to sting.

I'll give you that -- stats will not tell all of the story, but your comment about being funny was off mark I think.

But you have eyes... who was the more dominating defense last week? Chargers against the Bears or Patriots against the Jets?

The Pats, no doubt. Division game against a playoff team and bitter rival. The only reason they scored the second TD was because the Pats were up 21 and were playing to prevent any big scores.

Grossman is a joke. No other coach in the league would still have him as the starter. Not one. Holding Bad Rex to 3 points isn't an accomplishment; it's practically a fait accompli.

In case you missed it, the Pats are 24 ppg better than the Chargers. How can they hope to keep up?

He's not your #1; he's your TE.

Welker wasn't the #1 on Miami, even though he led the team in catches. He was still the #3.

Brady-Moss is better than Rivers-Gates, yes. And Moss is a much bigger homerun threat than Gates, and serves to stretch the field more.

I just hope that we play a hurry up offense...
And a physical game whooping thier arses off the field.
It's gonna be more fun than watching a Superbowl.

If the Patriots win this Sunday they can say to the world that they are one of the best teams in the league.
If they lose, people will say "see?! They can't win without cheating"

No one will take into account that SD is one of the top three teams in the NFL, all they will see is "video taping against the Jets = win. Not video taping against the Chargers = loss" It will be that simple to the media and the rest of the country.

The best thing the Patriots can do is go out there this Sunday and beat the Chargers (even better if its in convincing fashion). I think that might be one of the only ways that this whole thing dies down sooner rather than later.

Totally agree... nice post!

Hahahahahaha!

You think Antonio Gates is a better offensive weapon than Randy Moss...

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Oh man is it going to sting.

Laugh on...

In the past 4 seasons (2004 - 2007), Gates had more yards, more receptions and more touchdowns.

GATES: 250 Rec, 3096 Yards, 33 TD's
R. MOSS: 160 Rec, 2508 Yards, 25 TD's

You can argue systems, schemes, whatever... those numbers do not lie.

In fact, in the past 2 seasons, the top receiver named MOSS wasn't even Randy Moss.

Still feel like laughing?

Your number #1 used to be Eric Parker. I think he is injured...

Vincent Jackson might be your #1 now.

I don't even like the powder puffers and I know more about your team than you do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes