PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD Game 2 Defensive Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Some keys to the game for our defense I'm sure other can add.

McNeil and Manumaleuna vs Green and Colvin

In the divisional round Seymour and TBC were dominated and LT got most of his yards rushing over that side. Covlin is a huge upgrade on that side over TBC and Seymour was rumored to be banged up, I hope he was because that was brutal, so Green should be more effective. Seau is still a great run stuffer and should be a big bonus as well. Take nothing away from McNeil and Manumaleuna because they were sensational that day.

Don't over pursue.

Warren and Colvin on the otherside were much better against the run but the one big mistake they made was losing contain on a screen that went for huge yards. The Chargers used the trick play against the Bears last week wth the tailback pass.

Eugine Wilson

He played his best game since SB 39 Sunday and is a huge upgrade over Hawkins. I think the Patriots will commit Sanders to the run which will put Hobbs and Sameul one on one in coverage. Both are much better corners when they have help over the top and Vincent Jackson poses a height issue for either of our CBs. Wilson making the right reads and helping out the corners is a must.

AD vs Gates

AD held Gates to 4 catches and 41 yards with the Ravens last year and should make an impact. If he can do a similar job in this game it will really put pressure on Rivers and their receiving core which is average at best.

I nominate this as the post of the week. Seriously, thank you for the sound analysis!

Great post. Thanks for talking real football here and looking up the Gates stat from last season.

The Pats are in much better shape to play this team than last season.

Who are you and why are you talking football?

I agree about Wilson being a big key.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm just so sick of the circus. I hate media stories that get so much attention it makes you sick. I know very little about OJ after the Bronco chase for instance.

I've been so looking forward to football and instead I feel like my wife is making me watch Inside Addtion Patriots Style. :mad: :confused:

McNeil and Manumaleuna vs Green and Colvin

In the divisional round Seymour and TBC were dominated and LT got most of his yards rushing over that side. Covlin is a huge upgrade on that side over TBC and Seymour was rumored to be banged up, I hope he was because that was brutal, so Green should be more effective. Seau is still a great run stuffer and should be a big bonus as well. Take nothing away from McNeil and Manumaleuna because they were sensational that day.

Green is on the injury report, which pretty much means nothing but with Wright not ready yet and Seymour out, we are down to Smith, Thomas, and Brown. That's pretty thin especially against a team as good as the Chargers.

AD on Gates is certainly the natural, obvious strategy.

I still vote for having him shadow LT, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back