Welcome to PatsFans.com

Scumbag Clinton pardoned... well just about everyone...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Jul 3, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How can you loony libbies defend this lowlife scumbag..? I mean, I knew what he did was bad but I never thought it was this bad. Look at the crimes he gave pardons for... believe you me, this is just a small sampling...

Your hypocrisy would be hilarious if it wasn't so galling...

http://www.usdoj.gov/pardon/clintonpardon_grants.htm#january202001

Conspiracy to commit money laundering,
    Importation of cocaine,
    Income tax evasion,
    Conspiracy to defraud a federally insured financial institution, false statements to a federally insured financial institution, wire fraud,
    Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine,
    Issuing worthless checks,
    Conspiracy to corruptly solicit and accept money in return for influencing the official acts of a federal district court judge,
    Illegal dispensing of controlled substance and Medicaid fraud,
    False information in registering to vote,
    Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and to distribute cocaine, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, use of a telephone to facilitate cocaine conspiracy,
    Embezzlement,
    Altering an automobile odometer,
    Forgery of U.S. Treasury checks,
    Conspiracy to import cocaine,
    Distribution of methamphetamine,
    Securities fraud, record keeping violations, margin violations,
    Racketeering, racketeering conspiracy, aiding and abetting Hobbjay houston harmons Act extortion (five counts),
    Conspiracy to distribute cocaine, distribution of cocaine, and using a communications facility to facilitate distribution of cocaine,
    Operating or directing the operation of a common carrier while under the influence of alcohol,
    Aiding and abetting the conduct of an illegal gambling business, and obstruction of state laws to facilitate illegal gambling,
    Armed bank robbery,

2. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +101 / 2 / -0

I've listed Bush's tally for the moment. For those who think that Clinton pardoned some large number of people, here are the numbers for all Presidents.
    http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/pardonspres1.htm

It's pretty obvious that some of you really don't do any research. You just make up or pull stats that fit your worldview without having the commitment to truth to actually be intellectually honest. It's probably why I stick to the football board. :(

Let me ask you a question. Can you apply that quote (yours) equally to the current administration with the same criteria that you used for Clinton?

The following are pardons under George W. Bush

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Typical hijacked angry RW thread, the reality is that Libby was prosecuted by a George Bush Adm appointed Attorney, the case was heard before a George Bush appointed Judge and convicted by a jury of peers.. there will be an effort to divert interest to Clinton, Berger and something else weird.. without regard George is pissing a lot of people off yesterday the intelligence community, the Justice Dept and most of all the American People.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

We haven't even reached the last day of the Bush presidency. Me thinks Libby gets a full pardon in the end, and that will only be the tip of it. Our president knows lots of criminals.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

6. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Re: The Clinton Pardons

Great, so I can count on everyone who's badmouthed Clinton now doing the same for Bush.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

It's called "whats good for the goose is good for the gander"
    :bricks:

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Bush has pardoned more people during his tenure than any other president.. but yet never commuted anyone on Texas Death Row, despite the intervention of the pope and others, guess that was not politically expedient or maybe it was.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

What does that mean? You are somehow inferring that an appointed anyone will rule in favor of those affiliated to the man who appointed him. Where it is obviously possible, it is extremely unlikely. Fitzgerald and the judge, were they hoping for a pro-George judgement, would have fixed the case. I didn't see that happening.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

:confused:

Hasn't GW only pardoned 200 or so people?

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Come on now, why tf did George appoint all these folks to work against his administration?? The reality of DC or any State Gov't is what it is, how about if Roberts all of a sudden ruled against his right wing ideology would that surprise you? To deny any of this is to deny the basic reality of election politics and the basis of what happens when people get elected.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

David Souter. He's a GHB appointee who doesn't vote according to strict conservative lines. He votes according to his beliefs with respect to the rule of law. Again, appointee's are of a certain political ideology for obvious reasons. They are appointed because they follow a like minded set of principles as those who put them in place. However, that ensures nothing in a legal case. A prosecuter, and judge, will do their job according to the law. If they are hacks, or have zero principles, then sure, they would fix a case to fit their daddy's agenda. This case showed absolutely no sign of that. They threw the book at Libby and the verdict proved that. To say partisan anything here is ridiculous. People did their jobs, period.

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Apologies extended to incorrect info, had heard something somewhere and did not check it out.. I believe that George has only pardoned about 80 people, but did not do much in Texas.

14. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Re: The Clinton Pardons

You know that I will :D ... they both work for the same God (Lucifer).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007