Welcome to PatsFans.com

Screwball Looney France: Locked?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 7 / -2

Why was the Screwball Looney France thread locked? How in god's name is anything in that "racist"? I'm beginning to think that there is a certain censorship going on in here. How is saying "beloved minorities" racist? Saying the N word is racist. Did anyone else find that thread "Racist"? Total BS if you ask me.

[​IMG]

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 15 / -12

The original poster said that when you baby and kiss the ass of minorities, they get violent. He was talking specifically about an article that referred to Africans and Arabs. If someone had written that when you baby and kiss the ass of the Irish, they get violent, that would be racist too.

Perhaps it's worth repeating why we have some rules in this forum. About a year or so ago, this forum was nearly closed down because visitors to the forum (not active participants) complained so heavily about some of the things written, they actually quit Patsfans.Com. Ian generously agreed to keep the forum open if we had moderators who would try to prevent the kind of language and comments that people found deeply offensive.

Closing threads is for Patsfans.Com. If this was a purely political website, we would probably be more lax. But, as I try to always say when I close a thread, if you feel it should be reopened, contact FTW. I have never closed a thread that FTW has reopened. (At least I don't think I ever did that.)

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +827 / 2 / -9

Sometimes The Truth Sounds Racist.

But Sometimes The Truth Isn't Meant To Be Racist Because It is The Truth.

The Politically Correct Liberal Doesn't Like It Because They Know It's The Truth But They Try to Make Believe It Isn't.

The Politically Correct Liberal Doesn't Like And Won't Stand For Anything That Disrupts The World As They Would Like To See It (Fantasy Land)

4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patters used to (or maybe still does I'm not sure) live in France.

He only gets tough when its HIS ox getting gored.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Go to the Interleague forum and check out Nem's expansion team names thread. I can't remember its exact title but it should still be pretty close to the top. That was started in the main forum and several people got upset over some stuff that none of us in here would even notice. Hardly anything offensive at all produced some serious fury. 10 times as many people read stuff here as opposed to those of us who participate. Most all of those 'readers' come from the relatively thin-skinned crowd on the main board. So its no wonder that the modding in here seems excessive in comparison to the 'crowd.'

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +673 / 7 / -2

Political discussion isn't for the faint of heart. Tell them panzies to close their eyes when they enter, or to stick to playing hop scotch with their preschool friends. :D

Maybe we should put a warning up for all the wusses to see.

[​IMG]

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +359 / 15 / -12

I spent six months in Paris about 5 years ago.

Actually, I've also issued warnings and probably even shut down threads when people objected to fundamentalist Christians in bigoted language.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +827 / 2 / -9

There are two things in this life that Politically Correct Do-Gooders Can Not Stand.

1 Mother Nature (they can't change it)
    2 Reality (they can't change it)

They can try their best to tell you that Leopards don't have spots, but reality is, Leopards DO have spots.

Liberals can not and never will be able to force their will on "Mother Nature"

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +359 / 15 / -12

Harry, you evidently believe that you can tell how people will behave based on their color. I regard that as extraordinarily ignorant. But, tell me, do you believe the fact that most serial killers are white has to do with a genetic flaw in the white race? Do you think that the fact that most WMDs were invented by Christians is due to a similar genetic flaw? I believe that people are shaped by their surroundings, their upbringing, and much more. I believe one can easily find parallels to the crimes of Arabs and Africans, in the crimes of Asians, whites, and so on. Unlike you, I believe, and I think most people believe, that you cannot predict one's behavior by the color of their skin. In fact I think such a notion is retarded.

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +827 / 2 / -9

I agree, most Pedophiles are White, wars are always started by whites (except tribe on tribe) through history whites have always wanted to dominate people that were not white, most all of your "white collar criminals" are white, and there are probably many more rotten things done by the white man, but do you concede that People Of Color also have their faults and bad habits, does liberalism ever admit that some races are different than others and have different habits then others, does liberalism ever admit that certain races have "certain talents" that the white man does not have or that the Asian man does not have.
    No matter how the Liberal tries to twist it there are many Races of humans on this planet that are "DIFFERENT" than other races.

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +359 / 15 / -12

Harry, there's no difference between the races. If you took a white child and a black child and they both grew up in the exact same situation, they'll end up pretty much the same. Look at Germany, where they have serious problems with violent white youth, problems that have at times been as bad as those problems that are taking place in the slums of Paris right now. I once witnessed a riot of British and Swedish soccer fans in Stockholm. Scores of police armed with riot shields fended off these thugs as they raced down the street, overturning cars and breaking windows. I'm sure you've had similar experiences. Slums, poverty, overcrowding, poor education, unemployment, and so on are what make people angry and sometimes violent. And once in awhile you get people with a screw loose and they choose to follow some nutcase like Charles Manson, Osama bin Laden, Adolf Hitler, Jim Jones, and so on. Race has nothing to do with it.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +673 / 7 / -2

So are you saying that serial killers in the South Pacific are white too, and not predominatly asian? What about the Middle East, the serial killers there are white and Christian? Wow, I figured they'd be tanned & Arab. Dang. I guess you learn something new everyday eh?

:confused:

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +673 / 7 / -2

Color doesn't matter. Culture does. When you grow up in a specific set of surroundings, you tend develop similar types of views.

14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,378 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Patters isn't perfect...none of us are....and he has a very thankless and I would assume tiresome job as moderator.
    A pat on the back(no pun intended) would be nicer than people complaining all the time....I think he does a fine job.

Why pick on him for trivial matters? Like he needs that?

Here's what I would do...if he locked mine. I would reopen another one and remove the offensive language...seems simple enough to me. A thread is about an issue or a topic ... surly other words could get a message across....right?

Try it sometime complaining people...let's make Patter's job easier...so he can enjoy posting here also...the same freedom we all enjoy.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +827 / 2 / -9

I never pick on Patters, in fact I like Patters, the only thing wrong with him is He's a Liberal. :D

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +827 / 2 / -9

If UFO's ever land in America, and if they contain "little green men" will our threads be locked if we call them "little green men"

Will they be eligable for food stamps and a "Jimmy Carter House"

Will reffering to them as "Greenies" be considered RACIST by the "Great And Holy Liberal Democrat"

Your not drinking in here you Green bastard.

In South Central LA they will be known as "Green Mother F-ckers"
    :bricks: