PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Screw 2007, I'm looking forward to 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswlek

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Considering that NE will have 2 #1s and likely 3 #4s and 3 #7s in next year's draft and the fact that players usually make their biggest leap from year one to year 2, *that* team is going to be loaded. It's no only that, just think:

* Brady, Seymour and both lines are signed for 2008 already.

* Jackson, Maroney and Thomas with two years under their belts.

And last but not least, there will most certainly be some washed up former heisman winner at backup QB. Who knows, by then it could be Leinart!

So, I'm going to rest now. You guys can have 2006 and 2007. Wake me up in 2008 when the real fun begins.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Fairweather Fan 2000. You can own yours for just $19.95.

Digger44 said:
Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Fairweather Fan 2000. You can own yours for just $19.95.

Nah, it's just another blowhard.....

sounds the like the red sox, tank next year and say it's developmental

sounds like the red sox, tank next year and say it's developmental

Wow. Sarcasm anyone?

they can still compete this year. did the steelers quit last year?

MrBigglesWorth said:
they can still compete this year. did the steelers quit last year?

Did we say it was over after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Sarcasm aside I can never give up on a season until we're mathmatically eliminated; old habit learned in the not-so-good years. It does seem apparent that after two years of 14-2 ending in super bowl victories, we've become a fan base unaccustomed to struggling for victory. Hopefully that's not the team's feeling.

Michael said:
Did we say it was over after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

ummm, when did the germans ever bomb pearl harbor?

Wait till next year................reminds me of the old Patriots. Remember when they kept losing and we would say, yea but, they will have the #1 pick next year, or when we would say, they have all number one's in the defensive backfield. Kind of looking at the Celtics, they suck, but they will be great next year after the draft, or the Red Sox rotation looks all-world on paper right now. As Bob Ryan would say, enjoy it now.

scout said:
Wait till next year................reminds me of the old Patriots. Remember when they kept losing and we would say, yea but, they will have the #1 pick next year, or when we would say, they have all number one's in the defensive backfield. Kind of looking at the Celtics, they suck, but they will be great next year after the draft, or the Red Sox rotation looks all-world on paper right now. As Bob Ryan would say, enjoy it now.

Just remember, this is the year the Arizona cardinals were waiting for three years ago!:D

Seriously, I know the poster was kidding and we are loading up to be competitive every year which is the way to go, IMO.

Having said that, you never now when the stars will be aligned which is why the "damn the future let's load up for our window this year" strategy works only sometimes and seldom for more than a year.

*Reminder, we have 3 in a short time and are competitors again*

Just imagine what teams might have mortgaged the future to make that one run in 2001 only to have us come out of nowhere with a 6th round QB and a bunch of over the hill street free agents. LOL:D

Last edited:
Oswlek said:
* Brady, Seymour and both lines are signed for 2008 already.

Do we really have Warren locked up that long?

shakadave said:
Do we really have Warren locked up that long?

Per Miguel:

Richard Seymour 2009
Dan Koppen 2011
Jarvis Green 2009
Matt Light 2010
Ty Warren 2008
Vince Wilfork 2009
Stephen Neal 2009
Logan Mankins 2009
Russ Hochstein 2008
Marquise Hill 2008
Nick Kaczur 2009
Ryan O'Callaghan 2009
Le Kevin Smith 2009

[Lonie Paxton 2007]
Wesley Britt 2006
Billy Yates 2006
Mike Wright 2006

Oswlek said:
Wow. Sarcasm anyone?
I always say, ask a dumb question, get a wise-***** answer.

Smash-MouthD said:
Animalhouse.

Glad someone was paying attention. :D

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

No, you got it wrong. 2010 will be the big year. 50th Anniversary of the Boston Patriots first game and the final year of Brady's contract. Book tickets for the Tokyo SuperBowl today while you still can!!!

ctpatsfan77 said:
Per Miguel:

Richard Seymour 2009
Dan Koppen 2011
Jarvis Green 2009
Matt Light 2010
Ty Warren 2008
Vince Wilfork 2009
Stephen Neal 2009
Logan Mankins 2009
Russ Hochstein 2008
Marquise Hill 2008
Nick Kaczur 2009
Ryan O'Callaghan 2009
Le Kevin Smith 2009

[Lonie Paxton 2007]
Wesley Britt 2006
Billy Yates 2006
Mike Wright 2006

Thank God. I thought for a minute that he might just get away when he finally became useful. At least NE might get two not horrible years out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes