Welcome to PatsFans.com

Scrap Iron

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by AndyJohnson, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 29 / -23

An incredible game by Maroney. The stats were nice, but aside from stats, he was excellent. The much-maligned Maroney did basically everythign his detractors trashed him for. His 'tentative' running style? Well, its called finding the hole and cutting back, and it gained him a bunch of extra yards yesterday. Running tough? Dont remember many games where I saw a RB take on a defender and win so often. Many cases of shoving the pile for extra yards, many cases of putting the shoulder down and driving the tackler back 3-4 yards.
    Most of us knew there would be times on the way to 19-0 that we would need the RB to be the decisive factor. Yesterday was one, and he was more than capable.

2. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hopefully, the "much maligning" is now a thing of the past. Even Tom Jackson made Maroney his "game ball" recipient out of all the players from both games yesterday. I'm sure he's still a few more really good games away from consideration as an elite back. I feel, however, that he's caught up with the back he's most compared with, Joseph Addai.

3. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOMO has stepped up his game, running like a man possed. Bodes well for a balanced attack vs Gmen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.