PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouts Inc Mock from 2/5/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbs didn't get beat or picked on against Burress because of his height. Also, Plaxico cought a mere two passes the entire game.

It's too bad that one of those catches was somewhat of an important one.

It's too bad that one of those catches was somewhat of an important one.

Yea, that was a very important down, and catch. The point I'm trying to make is that Hobbs didn't get beat because of his size, and he wasn't "picked on" because of that size either. He got left out to dry on an island (with the Safety blitzing), bit on the inside, and ultimately beaten. It wasn't because of his size, though.

personally the more I think about it... I would move down to 15-20 to pick up a first rounder for the following year.

I'm not sure how that converts to points...anyone know?

BB can get a solid player with 15-20. I think Merriwether took time to develop was because he didn't get the snaps.

I would honestly just go with a rookie in there and take their bumps but let them develop and be solid by the end of the year?

I think the Patriots may have a good chance to trade down with their #7 overall pick.

If Atlanta decides to take McFadden over Ryan, then their is a good chance
Ryan may be available at #7.

The Ravens have the #8 overall pick and most people think they are in
the market for a new QB.

There could be a chance to trade the #7 overall pick to a team like
the Bears or the Vikings if Ryan is still available.

I would hate to see the Patriots use the #7 overall pick on a player that
they could draft in the middle of the 1st round.

If we're gonna take a cornerback, whether at 7 or after sliding down later in the 1st, it seems the guy we should be looking at would Aqib Talib out of Kansas. The kid's been starting there since his freshman year. He's only a junior, but redshirted so he's 22 now, or soon will be. He has the size at 6'2 205. He's been playing bigtime competition in the Big 12 every year facing future NFL talent. He was Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year, was a 2nd team All American as a soph, and this year was a consensus first teamer. And you wanna talk about BALL SKILLS? Just check out his stats, or pull him up on Wikopedia for the quick low-down. MVP of the Orange Bowl isnt a bad honor either. He also had a 100-yd INT return, and as a RECEIVER, the guy caught 4 TDs. Versatility is never a bad thing. I can see him returning some picks and punts and making a ton of plays in the NFL.

Bottom line, between Talib, Jenkins and McKelvin, there are atleast 3 nice cornerbacks the Pats will be looking at in this draft no matter where they pick in the 1st round. And we're more than likely gonna get one of them.

you kind of got me sold on talib, though i would prefer we build a pass rush and a decent secondary, a great pass rush can make a secondary awesome, and last season, we had a tendency after rosie got injured, to make ok QB's look amazing, this was due to the pass rush losing steam though i was still happy we had 2nd most sacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes