PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouts, Inc. AFC East Coaches Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
pats1 said:
We could care less about your feel-good story of 2005. OK, got it? We don't want to listen to it. We don't want to hear about the Dolphins' incompetancy for the last few years that lead them to having Frerotte at QB. We don't want to hear about how Saban is the second coming of Belichick.

Why? Because what the Dolphins are doing now that has the media slobbering over them, and their fans' egos exploding occurs EVERY DAY, EVERY YEAR with Beioli's Patriots. They have, and still are, building a team that CONSISTENTLY COMPETES FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS. They let the bottom-feeding NFL teams who think they've discovered the Holy Grail rise and fall in their own igorance.

The above post...definition of ego!!!!

feelthepain said:
9-7 with Gus and Sage, 8-8 With Daunte and Joey??? Sure!

Your naive tunnel vision is not something I haven't seen before.

In fact, it was only 1 year ago when the Jets felt they were going to be the greatest thing to set foot on the field in 2005.

"10-6 and an a missed field goal away from the AFC Championship in 2004 with Brien, but you're telling me they're going to go 4-12 with a #2 draft pick in 2005 with Mike Nugent?"

...they never knew what hit 'em. Older players (Traylor, Zgonina, Thomas, Wilkinson, Beasley, Holliday, Carter come to mind) like Mawae, Fabini, and others got hurt. Their season spiraled to a point where having Mike Nugent instead of Doug Brien meant nothing.

pats1 said:
Your naive tunnel vision is not something I haven't seen before.

In fact, it was only 1 year ago when the Jets felt they were going to be the greatest thing to set foot on the field in 2005.

"10-6 and an a missed field goal away from the AFC Championship in 2004 with Brien, but you're telling me they're going to go 4-12 with a #2 draft pick in 2005 with Mike Nugent?"

...they never knew what hit 'em. Older players (Traylor, Zgonina, Thomas, Wilkinson, Beasley, Holliday, Carter come to mind) like Mawae, Fabini, and others got hurt. Their season spiraled to a point where having Mike Nugent instead of Doug Brien meant nothing.

The Pats finished one game better then Miami and you didn't have near as many changes we had. What do you have to flap your yap about?? You want to live off the past thats up to you, but this is a whole new year. Your team has 0 wins like everyone else you have nothing to talk about. So shut your piehole!

feelthepain said:
The Pats finished one game better then Miami and you didn't have near as many changes we had. What do you have to flap your yap about?? You want to live off the past thats up to you, but this is a whole new year. Your team has 0 wins like everyone else you have nothing to talk about. So shut your piehole!

Again, another thing bottom-feeding team dwell on - the standings from last year, and "predicting" how many wins better they "can" be from their "changes" in the offseason.

But if you want to argue that, be my guest.

Go back and watch the 2004 playoffs, especially the first two games. NO other games were a more perfect example of the Patriots' consummate execution and their UTTER DOMINANCE over the Colts and Steelers in those games.

So tell me, Mr. "Changes," how many players have the Pats lost from their XXXIX starting lineup? How many talented young players have emerged since then?

Ty Warren or Richard Seymour didn't even start XXXIX because of their opening personnel package.

If you were wondering, the answer was '5'.

1) Gorin - upgraded by Nick Kaczur, 3rd round pick.

2) Givens - replaced by Caldwell and Jackson, 2nd round pick.

3) Andruzzi - over 30 years old - upgraded by Logan Mankins, 1st round pick.

4) McGinest, and Phifer/Johnson - both over 30 years old - replaced by a healthy Colvin, and rising young player in Banta-Cain, and a veteran presence - like Phifer - in Seau, not to mention another veteran presence in Chad Brown, plus Beisel and Gardner. And a draft pick in Mincey.

Last edited:
BLITZKRIEG said:
With a QB like Culpepper???....Chambers could silence all of those "No Moss" critics very quickly in my opinion....

Not with Culpepper flat on his back. I've seen wet tissue paper hold up better then the Phins O-line.

Culpepper is going to be sacked more then he will throw a TD.

Last edited:
14thDragon said:
Not with Culpepper flat on his back. I've seen wet tissue paper hold up better then the Phins O-line.

The Phinz OL made some decent strides a year ago under H. Houck, so I wouldn't underestimate them this year. They may not be great, but they should be a solid unit again in 2006....

Even if the protection isn't great, Culpepper will adjust to it, and find a way to get the ball out to someone. He's got plenty of weapons at his disposal...

Culpepper is going to be sacked more then he will throw a TD.

That happens a lot. More than you obviously realize.....

BLITZKRIEG said:
Even if the protection isn't great, Culpepper will adjust to it, and find a way to get the ball out to someone.

Haven't you watched Vikings games from last year?
Culpepper has proven so far that he can't adjust when the OL messes up or when his recievers aren't of the caliber of Moss.

It's okay to be a Phins fan. It's not okay to be a ignorant Phins fan that comes on a Patriots message board to tell us how great you are without any hard evidence. Your OL has been bad the last few years with Vernon Carey looking like an average tackle (I can't believe he was a first round pick). I see no major upgrades at that position. Yes, the Dolphins have been getting better but a lot there's a lot of major questions (Can Culpepper be a leader and can Saban win playoff games in the NFL) that the Patriots have answered over and over again.

Ichiro said:
Haven't you watched Vikings games from last year?
Culpepper has proven so far that he can't adjust when the OL messes up or when his recievers aren't of the caliber of Moss.

It's okay to be a Phins fan. It's not okay to be a ignorant Phins fan that comes on a Patriots message board to tell us how great you are without any hard evidence. Your OL has been bad the last few years with Vernon Carey looking like an average tackle (I can't believe he was a first round pick). I see no major upgrades at that position. Yes, the Dolphins have been getting better but a lot there's a lot of major questions (Can Culpepper be a leader and can Saban win playoff games in the NFL) that the Patriots have answered over and over again.

Hey genius, what evidence do you have you'll be better then the fins this year?? None, your team won one more games last year then Miami and 0 playoff games!!!! Everyone is 0-0 deal with it.

Last edited:
feelthepain said:
Hey genius, what evidence do you have you'll be better then the fins this year?? None, your team won one more games last year then Miami and 0 playoff games!!!! Everyone is 0-0 deal with it.

I don't understand... we won a playoff game against Jacksonville last year.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

feelthepain said:

Man, that was one helluva return there.

...right.

You're beaten. You're delusional.

Good night.

feelthepain said:

Why does every thread you contribute to turn into a Culpepper love fest and the fish are SOOOO improved and the Pats reign is over and we need to get used to it?

Look at the title to the thread....There is no way that BB shouldn't be rated higher than Saban. The man has THREE SB's as a head coach (and we aren't talking Parcells ancient history here..this is recent) With the injuries the Pats had last year and the schedule guiding the Pats to the Denver game was a great achievement. You continually say how Brady is a "system QB" when comparing him to the great Culpepper but now don't want to give any credit to the person who created the system? Well just who on the Pats IS responsible for the Pats success? You continually flout Culpeppers great season a few years ago yet discount the Pats DOMINANCE of the AFC East and the NFL the last several years...again are we in the present or future you flip flop when it suits you.

It is a fact the Pats have been the class of the AFC the last several years, the fish have improved, but to beat the Pats they have to be BETTER than the Pats by IMPROVING by the amount they were BEHIND the Pats these last years. Have they closed the gap? Saban no question is a better coach than wanny, and Culpepper is a better QB than the previous QB's, but he has his own warts also and he STILL is a question mark on who shows up and how much he actually IMPROVES the fish.

If both these teams stay healthy, Pats win hands down...thier talent..including the COACH (what this tread is about) is still better than the fish even though they have closed the BIG gap that was there, but not enough to pass the Pats unless they are decimated by injuries..which BTW was the only reason the Pats had a BAD year for them at 10-6...they would have blown out the division with thier typical 14-2 record if they didn't miss over 100 games to thier starters.

feelthepain said:

Correct me if i am wrong but we were defeated in the SECOND playoff game. Also your whole quote is strange. What evidence do you have that you'll be better than the pats? None, your team won one less game last year and had ZERO playoff games. Everyone is 0-0 so deal with it.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I love it when fans use the "Randy Moss Theory". Basically what these fans are saying is that with Moss, Culpepper is worthless. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.........

It is simply what the evidence of the last 2 years says. In 04 in 11 games with Moss, 30 TDs. In the 5 without him, 9. When Moss played the first 5 games the team was 4-1 and Culpepper threw for 242, 343, 360, 396, and 425. They lose moss for the next 5 and go 2-3 as he throws for 183, 231, 169, 363, and 233. Last year 6 games, 12 picks and if he doesn't get hurt he probably gets benched soon in favor of Brad Johnson. You don't think Moss made a huge difference in his performance?

Does that mean he won't be better than Gus? He likely will be IF he can keep his turnovers under control which he has struggled with at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
BLITZKRIEG said:
Our six game win streak in Miami, is what it is. Stop downplaying it like it never happened. We don't make the schedules you know, we play the games given to us just like you guys do. It's not our fault the league decided to give us those teams to close out the season. Get over it already....

"Glorified scrimmage" or not, New England lost the game. Move on, nothing to see here. Our season was over, and yours wasn't, why cry out it??...

You forgot to mention some added players, and coaches that should have a significant impact in helping us in 2006. Our schedule is pretty soft this year as well compared to last. Miami has always been one of the best / strongest teams in the division, and we're eating up the Pats rear view mirror under Saban....

You guys have been losing players / coaches left and right over the last few seasons, and sooner or later the Pats run is going to come to an end as a result. Miami will be the team taking over the divisional throne, and it will happen soon....

How about the year before, when he threw for 39 TD's???....:confused:

1. Never said it didn't happen. I did say 5 of the 6 came against some of the WORST teams in the league. Which is a stone cold fact. Care to dispute those teams as anything more than lousy? The sixth, was in fact a glorified scrimmage and you know it. Flutie was drop kicking extra points. I know it hurts that the win was completely meaningless, but sometimes the truth hurts.

2. Who cares what Culpepper did in 2004. When last we saw him in a real game he stunk on ice and writhing around on the ground clutching his knee.

Miami goes 9-7 this year, if they're lucky. Deal with it and move on. You'll be happy you did.

Last edited:
it's important to keep in mind that these ex-scouts working at ESPN for the "war room" or whatever they call it, are all angling to get back in the biz. So they butter up coaches in the league for their own reasons. For example, at draft time Keith Kidd, a former Pats scout fired by Pioli (I assume he was in charge of rds 2-7 of the '04 draft) had some ridiculous and inappropriate comments about Scott published. He had a transparent axe to grind. These NFL teams are like warring Fiefdoms in the middle ages and the ex-scouts are trying to hook on with one feudal lord or another.

PonyExpress said:
it's important to keep in mind that these ex-scouts working at ESPN for the "war room" or whatever they call it, are all angling to get back in the biz. So they butter up coaches in the league for their own reasons. For example, at draft time Keith Kidd, a former Pats scout fired by Pioli (I assume he was in charge of rds 2-7 of the '04 draft) had some ridiculous and inappropriate comments about Scott published. He had a transparent axe to grind. These NFL teams are like warring Fiefdoms in the middle ages and the ex-scouts are trying to hook on with one feudal lord or another.

Scouts Inc. is total crap. I paid for that stuff for awhile and then concluded they had no real inside info and you could find just about everything else they wrote for free someplace else. It's sad because espn.com used to be great. It's been steadily going downhill ever since they made it a defacto pay-only site. CNNSI and PFT websites are infinately better sources of info.

I had a similar experience with ESPN "Insider". After a while I felt like I was buying a shiny turd. And then their godawful magazine started arriving at my house, pure embarrassment. The shame of it was, the pages were too slippery to wipe your ass with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back