PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Shaq Thompson, LB/S

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Well, at least I know that this guy didn't suffer a potential career ending injury. Sorry about that last report, that was not only a waste of my time, but embarrassing that I didn't know that info. I had tagged him as a potential Patriot long ago and with my terrible internet access, I totally screwed that one up and didn't do any last minute research before posting. This next one is another I have had in my back pocket for awhile. I think the league has learned that despite size, these types of guys can play and he probably will be drafted before the Patriots pick, but he was fun to watch and does a lot of things you look for in a player. May not be the greatest fit for the Pats D anyways.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/12/scouting-report-shaq-thompson-lbs.html#more-33156

Well, at least I know that this guy didn't suffer a potential career ending injury. Sorry about that last report, that was not only a waste of my time, but embarrassing that I didn't know that info. I had tagged him as a potential Patriot long ago and with my terrible internet access, I totally screwed that one up and didn't do any last minute research before posting. This next one is another I have had in my back pocket for awhile. I think the league has learned that despite size, these types of guys can play and he probably will be drafted before the Patriots pick, but he was fun to watch and does a lot of things you look for in a player. May not be the greatest fit for the Pats D anyways.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/12/scouting-report-shaq-thompson-lbs.html#more-33156

Don't worry about it on Lombard - it wasn't that widely reported I don't think. However, shame on you for not visiting this site more often ;)

I think Thompson may go earlier than I would take him. I'm not 100% sold that he's Ryan Shazier. I currently have Bernardrick McKinney rated higher as a LB. But there's no doubt he's an interesting prospect.

If the pats were to take him, I think it would have to be with the intention of playing him as a hybrid safety/linebacker type of deal. Idk if his speed matches up with most. But I would love the pick.

Don't worry about it on Lombard - it wasn't that widely reported I don't think. However, shame on you for not visiting this site more often ;)
I wish I could get on more, and this is my homepage. This darn newborn just does not want to cooperate with my draft prep.:)

He was drafted by the Red sox, he was a terrible baseball player though

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back