PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Quinten Rollins, CB

Good job. Intriguing kid. I love basketball backgrounds for DBs. Tony Gonzalez suggested years ago converting off-guards to DBs to match up on the more mobile TEs:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...ifts-big-physical-safety-more-versatile-model

A lot of those guys don't have the necessary speed, but basketball is great for honing footwork, body control, and ball skills.

If this kid has the work habits and drive to succeed, it will be interesting to see what he can do.

Fantastic write up. I wish I could write scouting reports like that. And I'm glad you liked him - he's a real upside pick for me, regardless of how well endowed we are at the CB position. Do you see him playing as a nickel CB or on the outside only?

By the way, this:

He also tends to bail out of his backpedal early and open his hips to run with receivers.

is the Nick Saban approach apparently so it's not necessarily a negative for BB.

Fantastic write up. I wish I could write scouting reports like that. And I'm glad you liked him - he's a real upside pick for me, regardless of how well endowed we are at the CB position. Do you see him playing as a nickel CB or on the outside only?

By the way, this:

is the Nick Saban approach apparently so it's not necessarily a negative for BB.

Thanks for the kind words manx. I have had a lot of fun and have learned a lot in this process. I wish I had more time in the day to get on this site and interact more with you all. I agree, I don't think his style will be a big negative for the Patriots.

Here's Dane Brugler's report on Rollins:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...et-the-prospect-miami-ohio-cb-quinten-rollins

Of note:
Rollins is a tough run defender and shows solid mechanics for his inexperience. He has a short memory and bounces back nicely from mistakes, exuding confidence on the field. Rollins has terrific ballskills with accurate tracking and timing to get his hands on the ball.

Draft him in the 4th and make Logan Ryan a hybrid CB/S, who can backup McCourty or play alongside him when you want 2 ballhawks on the field. Ryan is much better in zone and facing the ball than playing press-man. McCourty-Chung-Ryan would be a solid safety rotation. Rollins would give a 3rd big CB after Revis and Browner, and could develop into an eventual starter. Having him develop under those 2 guys would probably accelerate his growth.

I wouldn't be surprised if McCourty gets an offer the pats don't want to match and Logan Ryan takes his position. Yes, I know, cra-cra-crazy. You can't sign everyone.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back