PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Preston Smith, DL

Great report. I completely agree. I was prepared to have Smith be a major option for the Pats, but I just couldn't see it on tape. "Stiff" is the right term. He looks like a linear guy to me. I don't see the play matching the combine #s.

I like him as a pass rusher. I feel like he has alot of upside. Our team needs more guys like that.

Mayo,
I like the term linear for him, makes sense and an adjective I wish I would have thought of for the report. It is these types of situations that just looking at a prospects numbers does not tell his story.

Great report. I completely agree. I was prepared to have Smith be a major option for the Pats, but I just couldn't see it on tape. "Stiff" is the right term. He looks like a linear guy to me. I don't see the play matching the combine #s.

Mayo,
I like the term linear for him, makes sense and an adjective I wish I would have thought of for the report. It is these types of situations that just looking at a prospects numbers does not tell his story.

I was for drafting him in the 4th before it was cool : P He seems to have moved up quite a bit though but you need to wonder how much of that is real. You mention him being stiff and not that i look at it you are right. He kind of reminds me of Jake Bequette. I don't think he will bust the way Jake did but I do think he will be closer to that than a top starter.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back