PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Kenneth Dixon, RB

Alex "Steven Ridley" Collins please.

I like him and understand why you would too. However in today's NFL it seems trying to get a RB that can do it all in the middle rounds is unlikely. Dixon comes off to me as a Jack of all trades RB which is good and bad. The thing I do like about him is even though he is a Jack of all trades in the NFL he projects more on the pass catching side than the running side imo. I would rather get a RB that is catch first unless they are a particularly good runner.

Looking at this years RBs I really would prefer to find someone who is smaller and quick ala Lewis but no one jumps out as that kind of player,

Alex "Steven Ridley" Collins please.
I have only caught a little bit of Collins, but I liked what I saw. Good size and powerful runner. Upright style if I am remembering correctly. You may have just inspired my next scouting report.

Like I said in the report, Dixon is more in the Vereen type IMO. He goes down on first contact and looks like he needs space to be successful. If the Pats worry about Lewis's injury history and reliability, a guy like Dixon could take over for White, but the price might be too high as I think a team might take him higher. I think he goes late round 3 and I would rather get my backup 3rd down guy later.

It's a really interesting thought about what to make of the runningback position going forward.

Right now we have Lewis coming off ACL surgery. Blount as a UFA and a little underwhelming this season so far. James white is the most meh player I can remember, and Brandon bolden is a special teams+ player.

I could see them try to replace blunts big back role in the draft with someone like James Conner. Maybe Lewis's athleticism is never the same (realistic question) and they go for someone like josh ferguson.

Or maybe a crossover back that can hopefully stay on the field for 3 downs Collins or prosise. It's a roster with some flexibility, but the two I like most so far are ferguson and prosise.

It's a really interesting thought about what to make of the runningback position going forward.

Right now we have Lewis coming off ACL surgery. Blount as a UFA and a little underwhelming this season so far. James white is the most meh player I can remember, and Brandon bolden is a special teams+ player.

I could see them try to replace blunts big back role in the draft with someone like James Conner. Maybe Lewis's athleticism is never the same (realistic question) and they go for someone like josh ferguson.

Or maybe a crossover back that can hopefully stay on the field for 3 downs Collins or prosise. It's a roster with some flexibility, but the two I like most so far are ferguson and prosise.

Conner has just been diagnosed with chest and neck cancer. I doubt he declares.

Well I think he does, he needs time to come back anyway, so going back to school or going pro is same same.. Not like he gonna play much in College next year anyway... So why not go pro?

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back