PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scout stays put - Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/01/scout_stays_put.html

According to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Patriots won't be losing a key member of their scouting staff to the Vikings. Thomas Dimitroff, who was scheduled to interview Saturday for the Vikings' vice president of player personnel job, decided over the weekend not to pursue the position.

Dimitroff is a key figure in the Patriots' scouting plans. He reports directly to Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli.

Hmmm.. a scout passing up the opportunity to make VP of player personnel. That's ridiculous... that would be like a first year Defensive Coordinator passing up the chance to be a Head Coach! :)

That is good news. If he wanted to go after May 1, that would have been OK.

the football season is over but the scouting season is entering the "playoffs", don't want to see our best scout leave now.

This is great news! Our scouting staff is one of our, not so secret, weapons!!

The New England Patriots convinced college scouting director Tom Dimitroff to cancel his scheduled interview with the Vikings on Saturday, according to an AFC East source...Dimitroff intrigued the Vikings because of his role with the Patriots, a team widely revered for their scouting and development of players. According to the source, Dimitroff was interested in the Vikings' position but felt compelled to remain with the Patriots.
Interesting phrasing, like somebody with a bad suit leaned on him a little. Hopefully he took this opportunity to share with the Patriots the salary figures in Minnesota and received a matching offer to keep his family settled in one place while working for a winning organization. :cool:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Interesting phrasing, like somebody with a bad suit leaned on him a little. Hopefully he took this opportunity to share with the Patriots the salary figures in Minnesota and received a matching offer to keep his family settled in one place while working for a winning organization. :cool:

Shades of horse heads and bloody sheets! :cool:

PatsChick87 said:
Shades of horse heads and bloody sheets! :cool:
I never had any interest in that movie. Just as well, I get grumpy with myself when I get crumbs in the sheets, I really shouldn't, but brushing off crumby sheets is less irritating then the fuel costs to keep the house a cozy temperature. :p

Box_O_Rocks said:
I never had any interest in that movie. Just as well, I get grumpy with myself when I get crumbs in the sheets, I really shouldn't, but brushing off crumby sheets is less irritating then the fuel costs to keep the house a cozy temperature. :p

Classic Italian-American hate film, always portraying us Italians as mobsters! :D
When will people realize we can also cook and sing opera??

Watch it once, it will grab you! "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in..."

Bill's Girl said:
Classic Italian-American hate film, always portraying us Italians as mobsters! :D
When will people realize we can also cook and sing opera??

Watch it once, it will grab you! "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in..."
'Married to the Mob' is more my style, off course, it doesn't hurt that Michelle Phifer is a cuty. Actually, my movie favorites tend to be in black and white with William Powell or Cary Grant - always dreaming of growing up to be swavy and deboner. :rolleyes:

I really wish I could be behind the scenes for a week as the Pats prepare for the draft. I would love to see reports prepared by the scouts on players as well as how they interact with Pioli and BB. They've had three decent drafts the past three years. A couple of lemons, but a lot more good picks.

Ochmed Jones said:
I really wish I could be behind the scenes for a week as the Pats prepare for the draft. I would love to see reports prepared by the scouts on players as well as how they interact with Pioli and BB. They've had three decent drafts the past three years. A couple of lemons, but a lot more good picks.

Have you read Patriot Reign? Michael Holley was allowed to do this and what he writes is fascinating!

Ochmed Jones said:
Amen!

Right now the Pats scouts are spending tens of hours on players that the league-wide rubber-stamp scouting service either doesn't know about or rates two rounds too low.

Ochmed Jones said:

It's as much an art as a science, maybe moreso.

Hats must go off to these guys, because they really do a bang-up job!

Bill's Girl said:
Have you read Patriot Reign? Michael Holley was allowed to do this and what he writes is fascinating!

Honestly, Bill's Girl, I was disappointed in how Holley covered the draft preparation stuff that the Pats do. I got more out of the Globe article that was written 2 years ago than I did on Holley's blurb.

The only part that I found interesting was that the Pats had Ty Warren targeted above any other DT candidate during the 2003 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes