PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scout.com: Kelly Jennings had a pre-draft workout with BB over the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://patriots.scout.com/2/511136.html
From the article: The Patriots are serious about upgrading their roster through the NFL Draft in April. That has become evident even to the casual reader of Patriots Insider with all the news of scouting trips and personal interviews. One more indication is from an Insider conversation with a top ranked DB who says, the only team he’s worked out for is New England at this point.

Is he a good "Potential" pick at #21?

Last edited by a moderator:
im not a huge fan of his
id rather take a shot at antonio cromartie, even though hes comin off the injury

Not at #21...

At this point I would not be happy selecting either of them (Marshall or Jennings) at #21. I might be happy with them if we trade down to the end of round 1. I think there's a good chance one of them will be available in round 2. There are a ton of DB's in the round 1/2 area so it's hard to figure where everyone will land but here are some guys that might cause one of them to drop to us in round 2.

Jimmy Williams
Mike Huff- S
Ty Hill
Antonio Cromartie
Ashton Youboty
Ko Simpson- S
Jon Joseph
Jason Allen- S
Darnell Bing- S
Demetrice Webb
Richard Marshall
Kelly Jennings
Donte Whitner- S
Dan Bullocks- S
Alan Zemaitis
DeMario Minter
Anwar Phillips
Pat Watkins- S

Responding to the article's assertation that Poole & Starks were losses. I not sure many here regard either of them as a loss.

Ok, that's another one to check OFF the list.

Have we ever worked out a draft pick?

BionicPatriot said:

Tom Brady and Logan Mankins off the top of my head.

I think Kelly is a reach at 21, but he is a good prospect who made my board.

It reminds me of that scenario that a poster had on here, don't remember who it was though, about how Belichick has a list of certain players he wants at a position and than once they are all gone but one he trades up to the next spot and gets his guy. He would seem to be a guy we could either trade down in 1 for or up in the 2nd. 21 is a little high and he could be gone by 52. Jennings is a good cover CB and would like to see him here. It all depends on which team likes which CB. There are a lot of good ones.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Tom Brady and Logan Mankins off the top of my head.

I think Kelly is a reach at 21, but he is a good prospect who made my board.
Kelly Jennings will not be taken in the first round.

2 round pick no doubt but in my book Richard Marshall goes ahead of him if they are both on the board.

BionicPatriot said:

I kept a list last year - I don't think I have it around anymore. But the Patriots brought in something like 8 to 12 players in to Foxboro. If I recall, they didn't end up drafting ANY of them !! That was a bust as far as guessing what would happen in the draft. Mike Reiss was really great last year sniffing out who was coming in to visit and what players they visited at their school and which of the coaches did the visit.

arrellbee said:
I kept a list last year - I don't think I have it around anymore. But the Patriots brought in something like 8 to 12 players in to Foxboro. If I recall, they didn't end up drafting ANY of them !! That was a bust as far as guessing what would happen in the draft. Mike Reiss was really great last year sniffing out who was coming in to visit and what players they visited at their school and which of the coaches did the visit.

Right--Mankins was worked out on the West Coast, not brought in...and it was seemingly more of a favor to Pat Hill at the time...

those capable of expansive thought need to envision the layers of preparation that Piolichick go through for free agency and the draft. Kelly Jennings is on their board all right, but there probably have to be a large number of other factors that occur between now and the draft position at which they feel he would be the right selection. it is all about a contingency for a contingency for a contingency...

Just off the top of my head, they brought Ty Warren to Foxborough.

Jennings is one of those guys that has a ?. Some of the draft ratings have him rated as a first rounder, others a second rounder, and still another as a third rounder.

Not talking about mocks but where various publications or sites that do overall rankings have him.

BionicPatriot said:

Not one who talked about it........(predraft)

I'd love to see how Jennings did when BB started up the old video machine and started firing those deadly questions. What coverage is this? Who's responsibility is the TE? What should you do when your man goes in motion?
I'm guessing it takes a ton of physical ability for BB to overlook a guy that's clueless during the Q&A session.

I see Jennings as second round material.

PS: Next year the Miami SS Meriweather should be in the draft. Barring injury he could be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes