PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scott Zolak on Radio "Tony Romo plays more like Don Majkowski than Brett Farve"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Has anyone heard the Cowboy bashing by Zolak on yesterday's ESPN Radio?

Says Romo compared to Favre is much disrespect and he plays more like Don Majkowski the QB who ran around like a mad man in GB flinging crazy unauthorized passes all over the field.

Also goes on to say Wade Phillips coaches like Pete Carroll did here...only with 60 more pounds added on to his weight.

Funny conversation by Zolak and Felger on that show.

Anyone catch it?

Ya, there were other threads about it, with a longer rant by the boston media.

LoL, some reasons i forgot i was on the patriots boards, i thought i was on some cowboys boards, well anyways, trust me theres many threads about this on cowboys boards, and im sure WP will use this as bulletin board material.

Last edited:
i heard felger making the caroll comparisons in that its all rosy now in dallas like it was in NE when carroll was here initially but things went south once they started losing.

Philips is just another retread that has never won anything in KC,or Buffalo. Next year the cows will come home to roost.

i heard felger making the caroll comparisons in that its all rosy now in dallas like it was in NE when carroll was here initially but things went south once they started losing.

That I think is a valid observation. If we won a game like that Bill would look like his dog died for a week afterwards. No fist pumps, no honky-dorey pressers, and by the time they exited the locker room the players would sound like they'd just been biatch slapped and were mortified they performed that shoddily.

Seat of the pants can be exciting, but you can't count on it.

That I think is a valid observation. If we won a game like that Bill would look like his dog died for a week afterwards. No fist pumps, no honky-dorey pressers, and by the time they exited the locker room the players would sound like they'd just been biatch slapped and were mortified they performed that shoddily.

Heck, that sounds like BB after the Browns game. ;)

Look, I LIKE how the Pats win, when the Pats win. I LIKE how BB coaches, and beyond that, it's beginning to be taken for granted he'll be considered the best ever by the time all is said and done. Certainly, few contend that he's the best active coach in the league...

BUT, our way to win isn't the only way to win, and BB isn't the only coach who can win in this league.

What we would have done after a one-point win is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether the Cowboys can hang -- or dare I say it, win? -- tomorrow. Of course, from our POV, that means all that matters is beating them, preferably to a pulp.

Romo's had one bad game in an otherwise stellar year. I'm not trotting down to the local bar assuming a W on this one, whatever you guys say... I'm expecting a war, and drinking accordingly!

PFnV

To be fair, we had quite a few similar games in '03.

Being compared to The Majik Man instead of Favre isn't the worst comparison a QB could suffer.

If he hadn't hurt his shoulder so bad he probably would have been a very good NFL QB.

To be fair, we had quite a few similar games in '03.

I remember one particularly voluptuous embrace b/w BB and Weis after the Dolphin game.

Romo's had one bad game in an otherwise stellar year. I'm not trotting down to the local bar assuming a W on this one, whatever you guys say... I'm expecting a war, and drinking accordingly!

PFnV

I agree. The Cowboys are a good team and I think Romo is a rising star.

This should be an excellent game! On the other hand, if the Pats blow these guys out of the stadium, you will hear a pin drop all across the land! :)

If the Pats don't execute and the Cowboys do, this will be a long day.

Can hardly wait for 4:15P !!

That's fine. But, if I here one more talking head say Romo is like a young Favre. I'm going to implode or something. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes