PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scott Pioli voted NFL's Personnel Man Of The Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
ESPN's week long offseason awards now gives Pioli the award of Personnel Man Of The Decade. Chiefs GM Named "Personnel Man of the Decade"

A well deserved honor but I think you have to sort of give Belichick half of that honor since both worked so well together in making team decisions and I think neither really made any decisions or moves without the others approval which made them such a great 1-2 punch in the F.O.

Pioli may find things difficult without BB and I can see BB missing Pioli in the near future but I think Caserio can do the job.

Last edited:
ESPN's week long offseason awards now gives Pioli the award of Personnel Man Of The Decade. Chiefs GM Named "Personnel Man of the Decade"

A well deserved honor but I think you have to sort of give Belichick half of that honor since both worked so well together in making team decisions and I think neither really made any decisions or moves without the others approval which made them such a great 1-2 punch in the F.O.

Pioli may find things difficult without BB and I can see BB missing Pioli in the near future but I think Caserio can do the job.

All good points - but I think it's precisely because Pioli did put his ego aside to work hard to find the players best suited to the coach (and defacto GM) of the team is what gets Pioli the honor.

No doubt he and BB were on the same page and I can't imagine major arguments - but while Pioli now calls the shots and has a vision for his football team I would expect his current coach is going to have ample input into the process as well - continuing a team approach that has been proven successful.

So, we get team of the decade, decade MVP, coach of the decade, personnel man of the decade, and some 7 out of 10 plays/stories of the decade? Sorry to say, but I don't think anyone can play the "ESPN gives us no respect" card for a while.

=========================================================

I agree, works both ways, 1/2 of BBs success is due to Pioli, BBs work load has increased with Piolis departure, hope BB doesen't burn out.

Pioli is well deserving of the honor, I expect him to continue to do great things.

I'd have voted for Randy Mueller or Al Davis.

Better he gets that award now ... I think Belichick had a tremendous draft without Pioli ... my opinion without waiting the customary 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back