Welcome to PatsFans.com

Scott Pioli voted NFL's Personnel Man Of The Decade

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

ESPN's week long offseason awards now gives Pioli the award of Personnel Man Of The Decade. Chiefs GM Named "Personnel Man of the Decade"

A well deserved honor but I think you have to sort of give Belichick half of that honor since both worked so well together in making team decisions and I think neither really made any decisions or moves without the others approval which made them such a great 1-2 punch in the F.O.

Pioli may find things difficult without BB and I can see BB missing Pioli in the near future but I think Caserio can do the job.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  2. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

All good points - but I think it's precisely because Pioli did put his ego aside to work hard to find the players best suited to the coach (and defacto GM) of the team is what gets Pioli the honor.

No doubt he and BB were on the same page and I can't imagine major arguments - but while Pioli now calls the shots and has a vision for his football team I would expect his current coach is going to have ample input into the process as well - continuing a team approach that has been proven successful.
  3. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So, we get team of the decade, decade MVP, coach of the decade, personnel man of the decade, and some 7 out of 10 plays/stories of the decade? Sorry to say, but I don't think anyone can play the "ESPN gives us no respect" card for a while.
  4. Gunnails

Gunnails Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

=========================================================

I agree, works both ways, 1/2 of BBs success is due to Pioli, BBs work load has increased with Piolis departure, hope BB doesen't burn out.

Pioli is well deserving of the honor, I expect him to continue to do great things.
  5. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I'd have voted for Randy Mueller or Al Davis.
  6. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

They did both help the Patriots tremendously, no doubt about that.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Better he gets that award now ... I think Belichick had a tremendous draft without Pioli ... my opinion without waiting the customary 3 years.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.