PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scott Pioli Stays in KC???? [1/4 update: two sides agree to part ways]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chiefs weren't hiring a HC, they retained Crennell.
Funny how your "facts" end up being reputation and talk radio bs.
Pioli picked Crennel to be HC.

So, FAIL.

I dont have to prove anything. 2 - 14 does that for me. 23 - 41 overall.

2 HCs fired in 4 years does as well. A trifecta of heading into 2012 with Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi seals the deal. Pioli hasnt earned the privilledge to pick a 3rd HC or another draft pick or FA.

Its easy for you to say Pioli should pick another HC only because he isnt the GM of your team. Clark Hunt has enough problems without digging his grave deeper by letting Pioli spin the roulette wheel again. How do you think Hunt likes planes flying over his half empty stadium towing FIRE PIOLI banners?

And, BTW your argument sucks.

oops.png

My argument is that there could be a very good case for firing Pioli so it is silly for you to make things up to try to trash him.
My argument is awfully strong.

Pioli picked Crennel to be HC.

So, FAIL.

How does that fail in showing you made up that Fisher and Manning rejected the Chiefs because of Pioli?
Keep grasping at straws, since you seem to have a mental block in admitting you are wrong.

My argument is that there could be a very good case for firing Pioli so it is silly for you to make things up to try to trash him.
My argument is awfully strong.

You really are in denial over there.

How does that fail in showing you made up that Fisher and Manning rejected the Chiefs because of Pioli?
Keep grasping at straws, since you seem to have a mental block in admitting you are wrong.

Since I live in KC, its difficult not to see and hear whats been going on since Pioli arrived. I have someone connected to the KC Chiefs via an employee who is on their payroll.

So, youre wrong again. Nothing new and welcome back!

Since I live in KC, its difficult not to see and hear whats been going on since Pioli arrived. I have someone connected to the KC Chiefs via an employee who is on their payroll.

Jeff Fisher isn't exactly the best coach in the league, so, who really cares about him or Fivehead?

Andy Reid in KC today.

Hunt may pull the trigger.

Pioli not Good without BB! we know who is the real brains behind the outfit.

OK, so now your answer is that everything you say is right because you live in KC?
You have not shown a single piece of evidence to back up that Fisher and Manning both chose not to go to KC becuase of Pioli.
Well you said you live in KC, which is about as good as saying you made it up.
Feel free to prove me wrong by showing any source that links either of those guys going elsewhere to being a decision based upon not wanting to work in a Pioli organization. Otherwise, you are just lying.

You really are in denial over there.
At least I am not lying to try to create an argument so I look like my bias against someone is well place.
Your avatar fits you perfectly.

Bottom line...Pioli sucks as a GM. His record sucks...his drafts suck. His choices of coaches sucks. His free agent acquisitions have sucked. He is currently being sued by a former employee for wrongful dismissal and that is the tip of the iceberg.

His last 3 drafts with NE were abysmal. Our drafting since he left is noticeably improved.

We are better without him. He was obviously riding BB's coattails and can not do it on his own like so many others who have moved on from NE.

He runs the Chiefs organization with paranoia and fear and it is not working. He does not sound like the type of person I would like to work for in any capacity. They fired the wrong person. A fish rots from the head.

Andy, your position is untenable. Do your homework. There was already a thread here about this.

KC Star columnist Kent Babb paints Scott Pioli as paranoid, narcissistic - SB Nation Kansas City

Arrowhead anxiety: Turnover off the field causes concern - KansasCity.com

Bottom line...Pioli sucks as a GM. His record sucks...his drafts suck. His choices of coaches sucks. His free agent acquisitions have sucked. He is currently being sued by a former employee for wrongful dismissal and that is the tip of the iceberg.

His last 3 drafts with NE were abysmal. Our drafting since he left is noticeably improved.

We are better without him. He was obviously riding BB's coattails and can not do it on his own like so many others who have moved on from NE.

He runs the Chiefs organization with paranoia and fear and it is not working. He does not sound like the type of person I would like to work for in any capacity. They fired the wrong person. A fish rots from the head.

Andy, your position is untenable. Do your homework. There was already a thread here about this.

KC Star columnist Kent Babb paints Scott Pioli as paranoid, narcissistic - SB Nation Kansas City

Sorry, bud, comments from disgruntled employees who lost their job don't carry a lot of weight with me.

And by the way my 'position' is that Triumph made a baseless claim when he said Fisher and Manning didn't go to KC because of Pioli. That is a correct 'position'.

Last edited by a moderator:
We may know Scott's future soon as rumor now has it Reid is cancelling all other visits and a deal with KC is imminent. Also reports he intends to bring Heckert with him, which would seem to leave Scott standing in the musical chairs round. Reiss said today he thought Reid made sense from a standpoint of Pioli remaining, even though that made no sense. Reid will either want final say or a GM of his choosing with final say. While much like Holgren it was final say that cost him his last job. Pioli has never worked for a HC who ran the kind of schemes Reid has (or has attempted to on D once JJ passed).

Reportedly Chicago has requested permission to talk to Arians. SD is rumored to be intending to as well.

Cleveland and Philly are rumored to be holding out for Chip Kelley with the loser targeting BOB.

We may know Scott's future soon as rumor now has it Reid is cancelling all other visits and a deal with KC is imminent. Also reports he intends to bring Heckert with him, which would seem to leave Scott standing in the musical chairs round. Reiss said today he thought Reid made sense from a standpoint of Pioli remaining, even though that made no sense. Reid will either want final say or a GM of his choosing with final say. While much like Holgren it was final say that cost him his last job. Pioli has never worked for a HC who ran the kind of schemes Reid has (or has attempted to on D once JJ passed).

Reportedly Chicago has requested permission to talk to Arians. SD is rumored to be intending to as well.

Cleveland and Philly are rumored to be holding out for Chip Kelley with the loser targeting BOB.

Is Chip Kelly supposed to be looking for an NFL HC position or can BOTH Cleveland and Philly be losers?

His drafting in KC has not been that bad tbf.

His big error was signing Cassel, with a good QB that team has serious potential.

His drafting in KC has not been that bad tbf.

His big error was signing Cassel, with a good QB that team has serious potential.

I'd say it's a tie between giving up a 2nd round pick and giving big money to that stiff Matt Cassel and hiring Romeo Crennel.

His drafts have been mediocre at best.

Former Eagles all pro defensive player's assessment of Andy Reid as a HC...saw the same things many of us did. Roster and game mismanagement that cost them many a big game. Says he'd rate him a 7.5-8 on a scale of 1-10 with Belichick being the 10. I'd actually rate Andy lower in the post JJ era and over these last few seasons.

They seem to be closing in on a deal in KC with the only remaining details to be worked out who actually has final say...Reid, a GM of his choosing, or Pioli. If it's not Pioli he will have an out even if he isn't fired as his contract stipulates he has it. Of course he's back to square one career wise after the debaucle he oversaw in KC so who knows, adversity makes for strange bedfellows as they say.

Former Eagle Jeremiah Trotter rips Andy Reid's coaching abilities

Pioli got canned.

Former Eagles all pro defensive player's assessment of Andy Reid as a HC...saw the same things many of us did. Roster and game mismanagement that cost them many a big game. Says he'd rate him a 7.5-8 on a scale of 1-10 with Belichick being the 10. I'd actually rate Andy lower in the post JJ era and over these last few seasons.

They seem to be closing in on a deal in KC with the only remaining details to be worked out who actually has final say...Reid, a GM of his choosing, or Pioli. If it's not Pioli he will have an out even if he isn't fired as his contract stipulates he has it. Of course he's back to square one career wise after the debaucle he oversaw in KC so who knows, adversity makes for strange bedfellows as they say.

Former Eagle Jeremiah Trotter rips Andy Reid's coaching abilities

This!!!!
Never understood the pundits' love for Reid who was carried by his DC and McNabb in his early years. What did he as HC do that was so praiseworthy? Once JJ was gone his management record of hiring coaches was worse than abysmal, it was clownish. And we all know well his lack of game management skills, not quite as bad as Herm Edwards whose paralysis with the time clock was reminiscent of a rabbit staring at a snake, but bad for a supposedly "great" HC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye