PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scott Pioli Stays in KC???? [1/4 update: two sides agree to part ways]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pioil should have been fired weeks ago.

Theres already at least half a dozen teams already shopping for a GM and HC. Hunt waited too long to fire Herm and got stuck with Haley because pickings were slim.

They will screw up this 1st pick just watch.

Four seasons with Pioli at the GM helm. That is more than enough time to show improvement in the organization and the team. He's gone through two coaches in that span and has a 2-12 record in the latest season to show for it. Another mediocrity who rode Bill's coattails to a promotion and a big contract elsewhere. He should be shown the door. I hear that Bobby Grier is available.

Once upon a time, Pioli was the flavor of the many years for teams trying to hire him for their GM. He did pick a few players that are good, but, he flunked.

Many mistakes that were too costly.

Haley had nothing to do with it. He's a separate situation entirely. The decision to fix the o-line or not was on Pioli. Now, it's possible that Hunt gave him a low financial ceiling and Pioli covered for him, but the Chiefs were way under the cap and had plenty of money to go out and get quality linemen. He had the offseasons before 2009, 2010 and 2011 to fix the line. Instead, they stuck with the likes of Barry Richardson, and Cassel got David Carred.

Pioli retained Chan Gailey as OC and he and Haley butted heads and Haley was allowed to fire him on the eve of that first season. I know the OL sucked. I think Haley as an OC who got to bring in his choice of OL coach who was also a former OC should have figured that out so was part of the reason it did. But the team was far more focused on switching personnel to a 3-4 2 gap D that was what Pioli was equipped to scout for. Pioli was also under cash restrictions until they got the renovations on Arrowhead completed and got their revenue streams straightened out. That's the reason Pioli still has a job at least for the moment. He got the franchise back on sound financial footing. Just didn't get them back on sound football footing beyond 2010. Making the wrong choice twice (backing Haley vs. Charlie) did Pioli in.

When you see your job as finding the talent your HC wants or needs to facilitate his vision of a winning football team, you best be damned sure the HC you select has a friggin clue of what that might entail. Heck, it was mindmumbing he landed in Pittsburgh last offseason as an OC in place of Arians who was felt to be too close to his QB's... How'd that work out. His only claim to fame was an AZ team run by another OC turned HC who didn't even allow him to call plays until 2008 whose own good fortune just ran out because absent a retread gunslinger and a lot of offensive weapons and a healthy dose of of luck he couldn't develop or keep a QB upright or do a damn thing that mattered with a crappy OL... Building a foundation on offense from the trenches out isn't sexy and big ego's seem to be undone in their persuit of sexy quick fixes that don't pan out consistently over time.

Four seasons with Pioli at the GM helm. That is more than enough time to show improvement in the organization and the team. He's gone through two coaches in that span and has a 2-12 record in the latest season to show for it. Another mediocrity who rode Bill's coattails to a promotion and a big contract elsewhere. He should be shown the door. I hear that Bobby Grier is available.

Sadly the record speaks for itself. You are what you are. Screw the myriad excuses. 4 years is plenty for a GM in this FA era. Pioli has been a major disappointment especially given the adulation received as a senior NEP exec.

Manning didnt want to visit KC because of Pioli and Jeff Fisher had no interest coaching KC with him as GM.

Pioli is being sued as well.

Adding legal issues to the Chiefs’ already troubled season | Meyers Law News

Haley the HC and OC had a lot to do with that. Pioli believes in getting his HC what he wants or says he needs. Charlie was able to take the pressure off Cassel in 2010 but in 2011 it was back to Haley running the offense via OC in name only. Then they went back to the NE system but with a guy who washed out here running it. Don't kid yourself about why Charlie left town, either. Haley started to eff with the offense and butt heads with him down the stretch in 2010.

Haley took the play calling away from Weis during the playoff game vs the Ravens. All the plays went through Haley to approve or disapprove and KC always had problems getting the play call in on time. The reason why Cassel was so successful in 2010 is because of Weis's innovated play calling.

But, Cassel is nothing more than a Game Manager who needs a running game to succeed. Stop the run game and you stop Cassel because he cannot win the game with his arm and decision making. The season NE went 11 - 5 with Cassel, NE had a top 5 running game.

I will be shocked if we ever see Matt Cassel as a starter again unless its because the better QB is injured and thats all they have left.

If you don't like the guy, why can't you just criticize him without making things up and sensationalizing a non-story?
It shows you don't have real reasons, just a grudge.
What did I make up?

Sadly the record speaks for itself. You are what you are. Screw the myriad excuses. 4 years is plenty for a GM in this FA era. Pioli has been a major disappointment especially given the adulation received as a senior NEP exec.

I think he should have the opportunity to make a HC hire. His first one was a poor choice, his 2nd was a stop gap. With good coaching, his record to date may be very different.

I think he should have the opportunity to make a HC hire. His first one was a poor choice, his 2nd was a stop gap. With good coaching, his record to date may be very different.

The owner of the Chiefs disagrees with you.

Clark Hunt is choosing the next HC.

The owner of the Chiefs disagrees with you.

Clark Hunt is choosing the next HC.

So? Are you telling me Clark Hunt has a track record that swhould make me change my mind because he disagrees with me? Seriously?

I think he should have the opportunity to make a HC hire.

His first one was a poor choice, his 2nd was a stop gap.

With good coaching, his record to date may be very different.

Agree with the last statement.

Sentence #2 is a big reason why Pioli failed as a GM. Plus his drafts were meh considering the draft position.

Last edited:
So? Are you telling me Clark Hunt has a track record that swhould make me change my mind because he disagrees with me? Seriously?
No, Im telling you Pioli has a track record that sucks.

Sentence #2 is a big reason why Pioli failed as a GM. Plus his drafts were meh considering the draft position.

He didnt set the woods on fire in 2012 free agency either.

Hillis, Winston, Routt, Quinn have all been busts.

No, Im telling you Pioli has a track record that sucks.

That was your claim. Trying to prove you are right by citing the decision of an abysmal owner is just the next step of your horrible job of proving your claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Manning and Fisher wouldn't go there because of Pioli.

Pioli has a reputation as an arrogant SOB.

Its all over KC sportradio that Fisher wouldnt come to KC because of Pioli.

I think his drafts have been OK. He has put together a lot of talent it just hasn't turned into a team. I think a strong coach coming in could make them a contender in 2013.

Pioli has a reputation as an arrogant SOB.

Its all over KC sportradio that Fisher wouldnt come to KC because of Pioli.

The Chiefs weren't hiring a HC, they retained Crennell.
Funny how your "facts" end up being reputation and talk radio bs.

That was your claim. Trying to prove you are right by citing the decision of an abysmal owner is just the next step of your horrible job of proving your claim.

I dont have to prove anything. 2 - 14 does that for me. 23 - 41 overall.

2 HCs fired in 4 years does as well. A trifecta of heading into 2012 with Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi seals the deal. Pioli hasnt earned the privilledge to pick a 3rd HC or another draft pick or FA.

Its easy for you to say Pioli should pick another HC only because he isnt the GM of your team. Clark Hunt has enough problems without digging his grave deeper by letting Pioli spin the roulette wheel again. How do you think Hunt likes planes flying over his half empty stadium towing FIRE PIOLI banners?

And, BTW your argument sucks.

oops.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back