Welcome to PatsFans.com

Scott Brown in 2012

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

As a Massachusetts resident I don't have an issue with his performance since he was elected. He is in a tough spot as the Republicans, and especially Tea Party members, call him a RINO and what not.

The rank and file Democrats detest him as they think he is ultra conservative.

As a Republican from Massachusetts he has to be liberal on some issues and as a Republican Senator he needs to be conservative on other issues. He is in a no win situation.

If the Dems don't put up a viable candidate I think he will win again in 2012.

What are your thoughts on his chances in 2012?
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

His greatest challenge might be from the extreeeeeme righties.. more than from the democrats.
  3. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

There are no extreme righties in Massauchusttes unless you included the editors from the Boston Herald and their poster boy; Howie Carr.

The RNC are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to backing a politician from Massachusetts.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +621 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Does he still have the truck?

[​IMG]
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

Bet there are more than you think there, the popularity of D & C in the AM is proof positive.. they are in the closet right now, but they will come out.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +373 / 1 / -9

He's like Joe Lieberman, he can't be trusted.
  7. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

From the Boston Globe.

New poll shows Brown faring well against possible challengers

More here: New poll shows Brown faring well against possible challengers - The Boston Globe
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 4 / -2

I think he's the front runner, and likely to win at this point, but not unbeatable by any means. It's a long time till November 2012, and some prominent names could run against him. In the end, I think he's been pretty close to what he advertised he'd be. He's not a party slog, he's not right wing, and he's not uber conservative. Oh, and he's also a typical politician (see his jet engine vote) too. Like every pol, I don't agree with him on all his positions or policies. Ultimately though, I agree with him more than I disagree, and I dislike all the potential alternatives. He's far from perfect, but no one ever is. I'll likely be giving him a second vote.
  9. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

That makes two of us. There isn't a viable Democrat in the State. Capuano? That guys is a clown. There are rumours about Mayors from around the state running but I'm not buying that.