Welcome to PatsFans.com

Scott Brown for President?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TheSolderKing, Jun 5, 2011.

1. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 20 / -30

Telling someone to "discuss" this is epic fail; state your own position, support it and then others may jump in...

Make a bet that Harry willl jump in and say something about slobbering, drunk Ted Kennedy though..

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +988 / 2 / -9

I'm busy right now, Kennedy was a fat slobbering drunk thats nothing new.

4. TheSolderKing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brown seems like the only capable contender that has any chance of challenging Obama.

Palin
    Romney

they do not have anything going for them. Romney would be a good Joe Bidenesque guy to have on the tickett.

if Brown runs as president with Romney as a VP the Elephants quash the Donkey. I'd vote for Brown if the economy stays the same.

5. TheSolderKing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brown also has thas that that family thing going for him 1 daughter BC and I am sure there r 1-2 c more kids... American voters are suckers for the family thang :eek:

6. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

Brown has little chance in the Republican primaries, and I don't see Romney taking a back seat to him.

7. TheSolderKing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

that is too bad I like Scott Brown b/c he does not necessarily go balls deep on the GOP predominant way of thinking especially when making a decision. I hate the current GOP part, but a person like Brown gives my old party hope. I voted for Barrack I am an Independent. Barrack has my vote over Romney any damn day.:) Brown would make for a fine challenger if I might say so myself.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 20 / -30

Brown does not appeal to the real power in the Republican Party, those advocating for some type of theocracy...

Other than that he is a reasonable politician, who is often referred to as a RINO...

Prefer him to an extremist on either side..

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Not enough "executive experience"
    Has barely been a Senator
    Too liberal

recall those talking points?

Maybe he has a shot afterall...

This field of candidates thus far is such a bunch of losers, I think ANYONE gets the hard core right wingers excited. But those arent the people that the right needs to get excited. They need to sway the same voters they are resenting (seniors and unions). Scott Brown doesnt do that. None of them do.

Ronald Reagan isn't walking through that door!, Larry Bird and Kevin McHale a'int either!

10. TheSolderKing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

that is what SU-Cks you mention THEOCRACY and the religious driven agendas is exactly what pushed me AWAY from the current GOP. Whatever happened to the separation between church and state???

The traditional Elephant's last hope is Mr. BROWN...
    The Neo-CONS have trashed the party much like the fanatical Islamist hijacked Islam and transformed it into :bricks::bricks::bricks:

11. TheSolderKing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

you cannot say Brown will not do that. Brown is infinately better than the other GOP candidates.

bring on Governor Pataki!!!

12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If I was him, I'd lay low in this race and gear up for 2016. NObody is gunna beat Obama. Its most likely gunna be a Reagan/Mondale kind of victory.

United States presidential election, 1984 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Someone is getting busted up in 2012, and that candidate will probably never recover. Its why you hear that ChrisCO Christie is the "darling of the right" and a "Superstar", yet he doesnt want a thumping, so he isnt gunna run. I'd suggest a guy like Brown does the same if he wants to actually run in the future.

just some advice to Scotty B, thats all.

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

Well if Brown was running for President of New England against Obama you might a case but there are 44 other states where this makes no sense at all, you need to get out and see flyover country.

14. TheSolderKing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was merely bringing him up b/c he is the GOP's only chance... If he loses I bet he wins over more states and voters than the other GOP Clowns.

I hope Obama wins and if you say Brown won't beat him then he should wait until 2016.

I am surprised Pataki has not made a move yet? He could be a GOP man for 2016 as well.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

Spoken like a true Obamabot.

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,801 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Romney is the only legit candidate the GOP will have ... his strong suit is his expertise in financial areas - but is that enough to elect the man? I still think we are best off having 1 party control the house and the other the presidency, I really do not want to see the GOP have both again. I really think Boehner and Obama can move in a good direction right now. If the GOP is to stay in then I want Obama to be re-elected.

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

RINO's like Romney get kidded in the General Election see McCain, why get a dem lite like Romney when you can get the real thing. Guys who are too conservative to get elected (ie Reagan stomp failed libs like Obama or J Carter.

Cain or Palin will mop the floor with Obama if they get to debate him. Also the 9% unemployment and depressed housing market.

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

simply comical

You really have a fascination with pols who mangle their history. How about Bachmann, too? Odd that you hate America so much that you're willing to re-write history because of the bungling of failed pols and pol-wanna bes who happen to be in your party.

19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,801 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

If this country ever gets represented by Palin we are all screwed ... badly. Our country has lost some of its' luster ... it would lose a whole lot more. i think she's great for debate and energy in political discussion as she represents something different and we need more discussion of ideas - but she is not nor will ever be Presidential material IMO.

20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

Does she offer any ideas for discussion?

I agree with that take when it comes to guys like Ron Paul, and maybe Herman Cain. But I can't think of any interesting ideas coming from her.