PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scorched Earth: Pats should not play the Games Brady is Suspended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I said this before. Now game on. I would love to see the Pats just forfeit those games and let the NFL figure out what to say to their Networks, Advertisers, Sponsors and Fans of other Teams who come to see Brady and the Pats and see if their Team can beat them.

The Pats lose $1 million and picks. TB lose about $4 million and the credibility he ever had as a face of the NFL because he won't turn over his cell. He is also losing millions of dollars of stature.

Nope, if the NFL is going to punish the Pats for B.S. Kraft has to grow some and say enough. Vincent says that the punishment is based part on Spygate? That was B.S as well. The Pats paid for that sin. Methinks Mr. Vincent wished he did not say that.

As far as TB goes, he has enough skeletons in the closet about the NFL to own it.

At least $100 million in lost revenue for the League if the Pats show solidarity and sit out with TB. Not including a major win in Court for TB for several million.

So wait...the integrity of the League is righted because the League Champion is asked to play with one hand behind their back? That is integrity?

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

DW Toys

Play the home games and forfeit the away games. Don't give any revenue to these jealous scumbag teams.

I loathe the decision today as much as anyone but your scenario will not and should not happen.... unless you want to see the Pats punished 10x harder than they were today and Belichick and Kraft banned from the league.

This is just stupid. Only 2 more years of Brady and Belichick is my guess. Make everyone pay on the field.

0-4 then 15-0! it's ****ing bull **** you know how much money I and my father have spent on the NFL and you take 4 Brady games away from us over this bull ****! If it was real ild say we deserve what we get but what kind of bizarro world do I live in where QBs can do whatever they want to the balls until one night they can't and then it's 4 game suspension. It's as if Nfl just released a statement "Actually, it's our way of saying 'Bend over just a little farther
so we can stick this big advertising **** up your ass a little bit
deeper, a little bit deeper, a little bit DEEPER, you miserable
no-good dumbass ****ing consumer!"

Open the Thursday night game with 10 on offense?

Jimmy Carter was wrong to boycott the 1980 Olympics. The athletes paid the price.

My guess is that the players and coaches will be plenty motivated to kick some ass in whatever games that TFB doesn't play.

Did I just agree with DW Toys about something? This is what the league has come to.

Open the Thursday night game with 10 on offense?
Cool...Love it. Like the missing man formation when a jet squadron loses one of their own!
DW Toys

The best FU to the NFL is just keep winning. No way you forfeit games and give those SOB's what they want which is games in the loss column. It's time for the 2015 FU tour.

Kraft is one of the ones collecting millions. You need to understand, HE'S NOT ONE OF US.
Point well taken. But he just lost millions in cash today and forever the impression that his Team is a laughing stock.
How much is that worth?

A few hundred million dit to the League because of thsi will even make the Haters agree this "frame up" was not what it was cracked up to be. How dare the Pats get even!
DW Toys

I agree with DW Toys and support forfeiting the games.

I loathe the decision today as much as anyone but your scenario will not and should not happen.... unless you want to see the Pats punished 10x harder than they were today and Belichick and Kraft banned from the league.
NFL Rule book:
• Forfeit
The Commissioner, (except in cases of disciplinary action; see last section on "Removing Team from Field"), League President, and their representatives, including referees, are not authorized unilaterally to declare forfeits. A forfeit occurs only when a game is not played because of the failure or refusal of one team to participate. In that event, the other team, if ready and willing to play, is the winner by a score of 2-0

"The NFL and TV network contracts probably have clauses concerning forfeits, and the league would no doubt lose big bucks if it ever happens. Plus the fans and stadium vendors could file lawsuits."

As the haters go wild!!! Epic!

Only removing the Team from the playing field shows a consequence.

Digest of Rules Main

Removing Team from Field
No player, coach, or other person affiliated with a club may remove that club’s team from the field during the playing of any game, including preseason, except at the direction of the referee. Any club violating this rule will be subject to disciplinary action by the Commissioner, including possible game forfeiture and sole liability for financial losses suffered by the opposing club and any other affected member clubs of the League. [See Section 9.1 (E) of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.]

"Kraft: Hey Rog. Decided to give the Team a few weeks off to get ready for the rest of the season. You good with that?"

No consequence can be filed against the Team according to the rule book as this is a refusal to play said game prior to the set date.

"Rog: Bobby old pal of mine, can Brady and the boys consider bygones be bygones? I was only fooling. No Picks, no money no suspension....please?"

The NFL wants drama? There ya go.
DW Toys

This is the nuclear option and I can't think of a better way to piss on Goodell. Take your Thursday night kick off game and shove it up your ass.

1. Brady appeals and retires.

2. Belichick resigns.

3. Kraft forfeits first four games and puts the team up for sale.

I said this before. Now game on. I would love to see the Pats just forfeit those games and let the NFL figure out what to say to their Networks, Advertisers, Sponsors and Fans of other Teams who come to see Brady and the Pats and see if their Team can beat them.

The Pats lose $1 million and picks. TB lose about $4 million and the credibility he ever had as a face of the NFL because he won't turn over his cell. He is also losing millions of dollars of stature.

Nope, if the NFL is going to punish the Pats for B.S. Kraft has to grow some and say enough. Vincent says that the punishment is based part on Spygate? That was B.S as well. The Pats paid for that sin. Methinks Mr. Vincent wished he did not say that.

As far as TB goes, he has enough skeletons in the closet about the NFL to own it.

At least $100 million in lost revenue for the League if the Pats show solidarity and sit out with TB. Not including a major win in Court for TB for several million.

So wait...the integrity of the League is righted because the League Champion is asked to play with one hand behind their back? That is integrity?

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

DW Toys

There is some minimal precedence of this sort of thing happening. Ty Cobb was suspended for something--can't remember, probably punching someone or being a racist *******. Anyway, his teammates refused to suit up until he was reinstated, I believe they forfeited two games before the league cowed. Could be misremembering all of this but it went something like that.

Kraft would never be the one to do it, it'd be the players showing solidarity. Kraft's a businessman, he'd never bite off his nose to spite his face in this way, it'd kill his reputation among owners. It'd be the players.

Fun thought, but it'll never, ever happen.

They should at least sit out week 1... the season opener.

Let the NFL lose millions. Let them explain the black out to their TV stations and sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes