PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scilling looking Good...others Also.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It's early in the year...and we know the injury bug is just around the corner but so far so good.

- Schilling looks very healthy and in command...health could bring him 18-20 wins.

- Coco Crisp looks good...little difference between him and Damon except Crisp is a more active baserunner (Youth).

- Lowell looks like he'll be decent at least...which is good.

- Youkalis has the quickest bat on the team...by far...he can look the ball almost to the plate.

- Ramirez does look extremely fit...he's running the outfield very well and his stroke is just about there.

- Ortiz...he looks good for this time of year...it takes him a little while but he's okay so far.

- Folky... hoping he gets it together so we can trade his butt for a prospect.

- Nixon..looks very fit...his butt is a bit smaller which is good for him. Amazing that he is still playing..bet he has duct tape all over the place under that uniform.

- Wakefield...hmmm...he always starts off slow and I hope he gets it together because he is to the Sox what Vinatieri was to the Patriots.

- Loretta / Rodriguez and others...they look okay...I still think Loretta will hit 330 on this team...that would be huge.

That's it for now...just a little Kool-Aid because it's early. But, for sure the atmosphere on this team is different and better. Perhaps Theo realized that Millar and Damon were as bad for Ramirez as they were good because they distracted him too much. Manny looks focused, on that I am sure. His wife, different team, his age??? Who cares...he's still the best hitter in baseball.

BTW: Talking to the parents at my sons school (K) and found out a bit about Manny. One of the mom's best friends works at Fenway. It seems Manny's supposed 3 year fling was with a woman who worked at Fenway.

That makes alot of sense on Many fronts...Manny being told by his wife to leave town, Manny telling reporters he had to get out of there (Fenway)...ahhh the old Fatal Attraction movie lives on.

Anyways...the woman was supposedly found another better paying job and everyone is happy...just gossip...I can't verify it but it sounds very plausible...I mean if that woman was still at Fenway...would Manny still be here??? The woman is making more bling and who knows...perhaps Manny has learned to be smarter from now on. If I was his friend, I would tell him he is nuts...2 young kids at home...he needs to smarten up...but that's just me.

Last edited:
-I think Wakefield will get it together...Texas is always tought for him as is the colder weather. He also needs to mentally adjust to a new catcher.

-What can you say about Schilling...he looks great.

-I love Coco Crisp. I cannot remember (my memory is bad by the way) anyone playing for the Sox as fast as he is. Plus he looks as if he is enjoying himself out there.

-Papelbon is going to be a top notch major league pitcher.

-If Beckett holds up (as in no blisters) he could win 17-20 games)

-I love 2-1 wins.

-Gonzalez to Loretta to Youkilis...some great double plays.

_BTW...what are you doing looking at Trot's butt?

Patti37 said:
-

_BTW...what are you doing looking at Trot's butt?

:rofl: When Trott's butt was huge he ran (lumbered) slower than Ortiz :eek: which is not good :nono: for a right fielder.

Seems to me the more important news is that Papplebon is the closer - it will be interesting to see how Foulke deals with that - but its clear Foulke still isn't back to his old self

Interesting how Francona has dealt witht that issue - he didn't even put Foulke into a situation in which he would generate the ire of Red Sox nation - he put that burden on Papplebon who was in more of a "can't lose" scenario

now there is less pressure on Foulke to have the burden on him - and assuming his ego can take it, Foulke can attempt to return to form in games where his performance doesn't count as much (blow out losses or wins)

Maybe, at some point, since there's been no official announcement or proclamation about Papplebon, Foulke can even be used as a closer - which could free up Papplebon to move to the starting rotation if they need him later in the season

Overall I think Francona has dealt with this issue very well - its just a matter of how Foulke reacts

Getting Foulke back to form means Pappelbon can be a starter. Its where Paps is heading anyway, he won't be reliever for long.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back