Welcome to PatsFans.com

Scientists Warn Gulf Of Mexico Sea Floor Fractured Beyond Repair

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

According to Sagalevich’s report, the oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico is not just coming from the 22 inch well bore site being shown on American television, but from at least 18 other sites on the “fractured seafloor” with the largest being nearly 11 kilometers (7 miles) from where the Deepwater Horizon sank and is spewing into these precious waters an estimated 2 million gallons of oil a day.

Scientists Warn Gulf Of Mexico Sea Floor Fractured Beyond Repair | Before It's News

One only needs to trace the leak footage that BP has cleared to see the progression of this mess. Remember the first footage, the single pipe on the seafloor, the estimated 5,000 barrels a day...then the top kill, and showing of the wee itself...estimated at 10,000 barrels a day. Nobody is showing us the sea floor, well this report is from actual humans who have seen it. They esimate a WIDE range of leakS, and 2MILLION gallons a day.

Obama's 'speech' yesterday reminded me so much of Bush after 9-11, telling us to visit the gul, as Bush encouraged us to go shopping....

It also reminds me of the "cloak, and denial" that we are currently going through with teh BS war on terror.

Until I see progression to stop this flow, I'm calling this disater....UNSTOPPABLE.

get your canned goods.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +577 / 2 / -9

Obama doesn't seem to want to stop it, he wants the people to Hate Oil even more than they do, Obama is pulling some devious sh!t and he doesn't care who he hurts doing it.

Everybody hates oil "FILL HER UP" we're going camping.

HEY EVERYBODY TRY BURNING WOOD IN YOUR CAR
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I agree that something is up, I'm not sure how much of this Obama can stop though, and those so quick to blame Barack, really need to look at the deregualtion over the past, and MORESO the Oil industry itself.

The wood burning comment is quite funny, of all the posters on this board Harry, YOU should remember that the first cars were ELECTRIC, that changed....they also used to run on LEADED gas, that changed...things can change

It oly seems that the do change, when its profitable....which means that we are SCREWED.

Back to the article, the former Bush secretary says that there are 2 options here:

1) let the well run dry (30 years, and destroying the Atlantic Ocean)

2) Nuke it (Destroying the ability to drill in one of the only areas on Earth that has expanded drilling options)

neither of those is profitable....

again......get your canned goods, the Hopi predicitions are looking like they are spot on.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. No, not the "news article" presented here but rather the fact that there really are people who believe everything they read on the internet.

After all, if you can't believe a website that reports extensively on UFO's, Obama's plan to shut down the internet, and Lady Gaga, then whom can you believe? :rolleyes:
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

whats shocking is that by that statement, you seem to believe the president and BP. Or do you believe the "facts" that they have been "presenting". The peopel who wrote this "report" have seen the "sea-bed", and are now "Reporting" this....
    If I'm not mistaken, A GIANT Oil rig fell on top of an open well, a mile below the rurface, we have yet to see any footage of the sea floor, these guys have seen it.

From the "article":

George W. Bush’s top energy advisor Matthew Simmons, who US media reports state has openly said: “Matthew Simmons is sticking by his story that there's another giant leak in the Gulf of Mexico blowing massive amounts of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. On CNBC's Fast Money, he says he'd be surprised if BP lasted this summer, saying this is disaster is entirely BP's fault.”

Matthew Simmons: BP Won't Last The Summer, And There's Another Big Hole 7 Miles Away

There is a link to his "Buisness insider" "article"
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Here you go Wolf, These guys seem to be "reporting" exactly whats "going on" to your "satisfaction"

BP Global | BP
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you consider a website that talks extensively about Lady Gaga, Nostradamus and UFO's to be a credible source?
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

Even with a gas explosion given the rpessures involved and the amount of earth (the mass involved. I can't see where the required 'forces' to fracture the sea floor extensivly would come from?
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

(You know about my conspircay theories....so....credibility may be a state of mind at times with me)

~insert "winking" emotocon internet thing here~

at this point.....Do you consider Obama and BP to be a "credible source"?

Its really not about the credibility of the website, its the scientists, and links provided within that point to more validity. First it was BP saying 1-5k a day..then it was 8-10k...then 16-20k...then 25-40k....today its 70-80k....

at this point, I'm listening to anyone who has SEEN the ocean floor, the spill itself, the mess on the beaches and marshes that isnt scared to talk to the media, because they are paid by BP.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

maybe the massive pressure that created the explosion on the rig in the first place, mixed with the crashing of the rig on the floor mixed with the different layers of gas, oil and rock in varying layers underneath the surface of the ocean. plus the top kill attempt????

I agree that we can't "see" it, but we havnt been showed the ocean floor, nor anything but two leaks from the well. Has anyone here seen pictures of the actual RIG on the ocean floor?
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, but I haven't started any threads quoting Obama or BP as my source.

Now that I've answered your question, please have the courtesy to answer mine. Do you consider a website that talks extensively about Lady Gaga, Nostradamus and UFO's to be a credible source?
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

From Newsweek:

Lady Gaga on The Fame, VMAs, YouTube - Newsweek

Science and UFO Sightings - Newsweek

Beliefwatch: The Mayan 2012 Debate - Newsweek

come on man....

If the article is speaking the truth, then we should listen. The Enquirer broke the story about John Edwards...

or you can keep your head in the sand...fingers in the ears, and listening to Rush...

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hardly consider silly little special-interest stories t be extensive coverage of those subjects, wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, is there some reason you are just refusing to answer my question? Is it that you don't understand the question or are you just ashamed of your answer?
    Do you consider a website that talks extensively about Lady Gaga, Nostradamus and UFO's to be a credible source?
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If the story is true, the reporting is solid, then the vehicle that is providing the information needs only to be accurate in presenting the facts to the person viewing it correctly.

in short the answer is: SOMETIMES

In your world, John Edwards never had an afair or a child out of wedlock, because it was reported in The Enquirer. In your world everyhing reported by FOX news is probably credible. Everything published in the WSJ is credible....you seem to miss the point that a website, network, or paper isnt the story...the reporter, subject and SOURCE are the story...the website, network, or paper is the vehicle.

So, when a bunch of russian scientists, hired by BP claim to have seen the floor, and are reporting on it, I'm listening...even if its printed on Sesame Street beat.com

ya heard?
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I took it with a grain of salt until i read the name completely (Anatoly) Sagalevich is no joke. They better get to finishing that relief well pronto.
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

I was thinking of the amount of energy needed to 'fracture the ocean floor. The only thing I can think of is an earthquake. So regardless of the source of the energy exploding gas or whatever we would have measured the release of this much energy as a seismic event, which would have been measured & recorded.

Can't buy this story because of this.
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well there is absolutely nothing solid about this website or this reporting. Here's a clue: The so-called "reporter" who wrote that article doesn't even exist. Seriously. Google can be your friend.
    Are you kidding? I was first on the bandwagon accusing him of doing everything the Enquirer accused him of doing.

And in your world, there are secret alien bases on the moon. So I think my world is quite a bit more based in reality than yours.
    Translation: You'll believe anything you read on the internet. You are proof positive that P.T. Barnum was right.
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

uggggg

sorry folks for feeding the derailer...

anyone wanna get back to discussing the TOPIC?
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah! Let's talk about how a person that doesn't even exist wrote a whacko article for some nutjob conspiracy theorist website, and how we're all supposed to panic based on what "he" wrote!
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

then stay the fukc away from the thread....

This isn't the first time I've heard that the damage is worse than being reported, nor the first time I've heard speculation that the spill is leaking throuhgh the sea floor.

If you cant discuss the topic, fukc off.