Welcome to PatsFans.com

Scientists find way to make cheap gas from coal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Feb 25, 2010.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

You would think this would be a big deal in the MSM, after all no need for any energy imports, better balance of trade, cheaper energy .... but instead the EPA is tying to regulate a trace gas.

Scientists find way to make cheap gas from coal - Environment - Canoe.ca

The US has more coal than anyplace on earth. Our reserves of coal BTU dwarf the number of BTU's of known oil reserves.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Now if we can just get a prez whose stated goal isn't to put the coal industry out of business.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Loons Hate Coal
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's not that they hate coal, it's that they hate America. That's why you don't hear a single word from them when Cuba and China work out agreements to give China the rights to drill 50 miles off the coast of Florida (and yes I know no drilling has taken place as of yet), but if an American tried to do the same thing, all hell would break loose.
  5. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +269 / 6 / -4

I'm sure you can provide an exact quote with Obama making this claim?

LOL.

Yeah, I guess those GOP Governors Charlie Crist and Jeb Bush both hate America.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

In fact I can - why I un-Ignored you today I'm not sure - but anyway :

Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry | NowPublic News Coverage

It's his exact words.
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +269 / 6 / -4

His exact words totally removed from context, which is what I'm sure you meant.

Later on in that interview, he goes on to state that eliminating coal plants is an "illusion."

Palin Unleashes New Attack Against Obama On Coal - From The Road - CBS News
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

obama is the greatest illusionist ever when it comes to saying stuff then pretending he didn't. He said that his cap & trade will bankrupt anyone building a coal powered plant. He can't, then, back off and say "never mind, it won't actually happen". He either means was he says or he doesn't. If he means what he says, he's a scary SOB. If he doesn't mean what he says then there's no point in paying attention to what he says because it's all jibberish.

I actually believe the latter. Whether it's this comment on coal. Or saying the "police acted stupidly" in the Gates case just after he said he didn't know all the facts. Or accusing doctors of doing major, unnecessary surgery just to make money. obama is like a dude sitting in a bar just BSing with friends saying sh!t without thinking it through - only he's the prez and he can't be doing it.
  9. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +269 / 6 / -4

That's simply not what he said, and you know it. I suppose if you want to cherry pick statements without ignoring the obvious reality of what he was trying to say, then that's your prerogative. It's pretty mendacious, but it's also what blinkered partisanship does to people.

Presidents have always made misstatements, gaffes, used inartful language, etc. I'm sure you never had an issue with it before, but since you hate Obama, all of a sudden it's "OMFG, like, the worst thing ever!"

It's pretty transparent, and I'm sure we'd all see you defending him if he had an R next to his name.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

No, it's exactly what he said. Whether it's what he meant or not, I have no idea. As I said, I think he's too spontaneous for his own good and says sh!t he doesn't mean.

Nope, I turned against W. also. For a different reason - W was just a moron whereas obama is intellectually smart but emotionally stupid. I'll turn against anyone, baby, ANYONE. W deserved it and so does obama.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Jack is funny. Obama says what his says, in his own words, but he really didn't say that. Of course, we know he didn't really say that, cuz after the fact, after he got flack for it, a "spokeperson" gave us the "proper context". :rolleyes:
  12. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +269 / 6 / -4

It's obvious, if you don't have a political axe to grind, to anyone who pays attention to politics and has followed Obama's reasoning re: coal power over the years.

But you're right. I'm sure he really does want to bankrupt the coal industry. Just like how Michelle Obama is only now proud of her country :rolleyes:
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

I'll go one better Jack, here is audio of Obama claiming he will bankrupt the coal industry:

Audio: Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry | NewsBusters.org

This was told to the SF Chronicle.

Well the Tea Party people certainly feel they do, they are supporting Rubio against Crist.

So why should we continue to send our money to OPEC when we have the means for energy independence? Why deny people jobs when our unemployment is so high.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10