Welcome to PatsFans.com

Schwarzenegger shifts gay marriage stand

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Apr 11, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

good for him.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Yup ... what you said ... Arnold "will be back".;)
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No surprise here. Look to whom he is married, a Kennedy. Plus his own "open-ness" to multiple relationships virtually condemns him to such a position.

Sad.

//
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What the hell are you rambling about?
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You don't talk very nicely to people, do you??

//
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You just picking up on that?

Yes. I'm blunt, short tempered,often rude, and occasionally crude. For most things, I have almost no patience.

What was your point, or was it simply an idle passing thought?

And, btw--what the hell were you talking about wrt Arnie?
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Just legalize civil unions and be done with this stupid debate.
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Exactly.

Either that or criminalize all marriage. That works for me too.
    ;)
  10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

As long as they don't get adoption rights. I don't want to have to add "no gay couples" to my will. Making inheritance, etc, easier, fine, whatever.
  11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Oh, trust me I agree. I am for medical desicions and other stuff. But keep the kids away. I also think it is ok to loose custody on grounds of it.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You people still don't get it. Once *any* part of same-sex relations is officially and legally accepted, that's it. They will argue that since it's "legal" for two people of the same sex to "marry/civil union" together, then, like other married couples (opposite sex) they should also have rights to children. Oh, but wait, since they can't have children as same-sex couples that means they have to adopt from opposite sex unions. Then, after being able to legally adopt, then why not become school principal, town mayor, city mayor, Congressman/woman/whatever, Senator, and then the big one, President. Oh, yes, once there is a same-sex couple in the White House, just watch the laws change. Soon the opposite sex couples will be kept around in cages only for breeding purposes. They'll sometime let the ones who fawn and scrape at their feet come out once in a while.

Oh, sure, Fog is "paranoid". Fog is a "hater". Fog is this, Fog is that. The messenger is always "wrong". Until it all comes true. But by then, it's already too late.

Do the math, people.

//
  13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You guys figure gay people can't be good parents?
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There are gay principals, mayors, congresspeople and I believe senator(s?). Who gives a crap?

Are you really trying to say a gay person can't be mayor of a town?
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm sure they can be FANTASTIC parents. But I don't want my boys living with two gays. I don't like the lifestyle and I DO think some kids are influenceable in this area. I tell them being gay is wrong and boys don't marry boys. If that makes me a bigot, so be it.

I've said it before, probably 90% of people are straight regardless. The other 10% I don't think are "gay" I think they're bi-sexual and could be happy either way and if one or both of my boys is in that group I think he's better off being influenced straight. I have NO DOUBT some boys/men are attracted to males. But I don't believe they have no interest in (you know what) also. I just don't believe it - and it's not religious, I'm agnostic.
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I wouldn't vote for one - it's not a good message. In fact a principal at an elementary school near here was chased out (not literally :D) after outing himself. Good for the people, kids don't need to see that from an authority figure.
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I care. People who engage in same-sex relations should hold no positions of responsibility whatsoever. None. They need to be re-educated as to how to love someone of the opposite sex. Nobody ever came into this world by two people of the same sex engaging in sexual relations; that makes those relations automatically unnatural. Not to mention against all traditions of all cultures in history.

//
  18. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So is the problem just that you don't like man on man or is it all gay people? I notice you mentioned boys and not girls.

I'm not trying to pick a fight on the issue either, just curious.

I rented my upstairs apartment to 2 women for a while. Great girls. One was short and plump and sweet, and the other was tall and angular and a little cranky...really a stereotypical relationship. They moved out when the interests rates got crazy low and bought a duplex and one of them got pregnant. I assume that now civil unions are recognized in NH they're married. But I'd rather see them with a kid than some welfare queen spitting out a kid a year to keep the checks rolling in (and lest you think that's racist, I know more than one white woman in the sticks of Maine who make a hell of a living at it).
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Homosexual Marriage In The Enemy Camp:
    Liberals will usually defend sometimes openly support Muslims, they will harshly reprimand and most often accuse anybody who dares to say anything negative about Muslims as "Racists".

Liberalism also strongly supports Homosexual Marriage, what do the Muslims think about such marriages, if the Muslim frowns on Homosexual Marriage why then does the Liberal not Scold the Muslim why does the Liberal not accuse the Muslim of homophobia as they do "The Neo Con"

Why don't we hear more of the following things happening in Muslumville from our Leftwing Liberal Media, if White Mormans, White Presbytarians or White Hockey Players were doing this American Liberals would all be setting themselves on fire, would they not

Waterboarding is a piece of cake compared to the Smelly f-cking Egyptians.

Egypt & Homosexuals:
    Egypt: Crackdown on Homosexual Conduct Exposes Torture Crisis
    (Cairo, March 1, 2004) -- The Egyptian government continues to arrest and routinely torture men suspected of consensual homosexual conduct, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today. The detention and torture of hundreds of men reveals the fragility of legal protections for individual privacy and due process for all Egyptians.
    http://hrw.org/english/docs/2004/03/01/egypt7735.htm

Does the liberal Fear the Muslim, or could it be that the Muslim is the Enemy of "The Bush America" and God forbid they say anything BAD about America's enemy-----:confused:
  20. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Oh knock it the hell off. Seriously. "Re-educated"? What, are we in some kind of Foggy 1984 now? Or is it one of the Simpsons Halloween episodes, off to the re-neddification center?

Cripes.

And there are plenty of cultures in history that practiced homosexuality. Just because you don't personally agree with it doesn't make it unnatural.