Welcome to PatsFans.com

School threatens 4th grader after she refuges pledge

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Sep 17, 2009.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

War flag! Peace flag!
    Gentlemen,
    Let the brainwashing begin!!!!!!!!!
    WTF!

3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,044 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

Wow. The future of this country is in trouble. I never knew that the American flag has always, in it's history, stood for nothing but war. When I said the pledge of allegiance, I thought was pledging allegiance to my country. My mind is blown! I had no idea that I was pledging allegiance to war the whole time!

You gotta be kidding me. Did Ann Pelo direct this video? The American flag stands for a lot more than the War on Terror, aka, the war to gain strategic positioning on Iran in case Israel decides to invade Lebanon. The mere fact that this little girl (who is allowed to be naive) actually believes that just shows how ignorant her parents are. :rolleyes:

With that said, she shouldn't be punished just for making a choice. Although I do think that her choice is idiotic and, as I said before, the height of ignorance about what the flag actually stands for, I do agree with her ability to make that choice. If that makes any sense. Once upon a time, this was a free country. If she doesn't want to pledge allegiance to our flag, she shouldn't be forced into doing it by a school whose reponse is to exercise scare tactics against her.

We live in a Democracy. A place where people, however misguided, can make their own choices.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

The poor kid's parents are probably a couple of loony screwballs that have a picture of Sean Penn on their refrigerator.

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Any parent who hates America that much should just leave. Leave. Nobody needs that kind of attitude. And to force it onto their children .... raising traitors.

Go to Cuba. Go to China. Go to England. Go to Mehico. Go away and see how "terrible and evil" America is.

Please, just leave. Today.

//

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sean Penn "loves peace" so much he's ready to punch your lights out if you disagree with him.

Whacko hypocrisy.

//

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +423 / 12 / -26

FYI folks this is Freedom's Phoenix, yes the same Freedom's Phoenix that was started by Ernest Han****...
    Ernest Han**** is an extreme right winger in Phoenix, he was the one who sponsored people coming to the Obama Rally with Guns, remember Chris Boughton... Han**** has been affiliated with the militia movement and almost went to jail in the 90's for his involvement in the Viper Movement..

People should vet their sources,before they just assume it is a left wing thing.. extremism is running rampant in this country.. this is extreme right wing stuff... sorry to burst your bubbles..

http://www.ernesthan****.com/

Freedoms Phoenix -- Your Portal to Politics, News, Information, and Open Forums

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08/ernest_han****_viper_militia_gun_obama_event.php

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Left wing extremists and the Right wing extremists are two sides of the same coin that has yielded both Hitler AND Stalin, the mujahadeen (who fought the Soviets) and al qaeda (who fight anybody who is not Muslim), Hamas/Hezbollah and the Jewish Defense League. Extremism of ANY KIND is very, very dangerous. Nitro glycerin in a beer keg riding in a truck with no shock absorbers.

[size=+4] BOOOM!!![/size]

//

9. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

While I do not agree with her views I do belive she has the right not to participate if she so chooses.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Oh Jesus Christ

11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,044 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

She and her parents are extremely ignorant, but I doubt that her and her parents "hate this country". America was founded on the peoples' ability to make choices, no matter how misguided. For example, we have the ability to make a CHOICE on who is going to lead us. How else do you think George W. Bush and Barack Obama have gotten elected? Those two are perfect examples. While I would suggest that someone teach this little girl exactly what it is that the American flag stands for (which is not war), I wouldn't suggest kicking her and her parents out if they don't want to pledge allegiance to it. We live in a Democracy. If we lived by the standards of what you are saying, we would be living in a Dictatorship. "DO WHAT I SAY OR BE PUNISHED!", that isn't America Foggy...

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 6 / -2

If she doesn't want to, she shouldn't have to.

13. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

So sad :(

Three things:
    1. If she didn't want to pledge allegiance then thats her prerogative. She shouldn't get in trouble for that.

2. This whole "War Flag" thing is absurd. What a 'tard for believing this (The Mother). "A peace flag has vertical stripes."

3. "How many kids come into school knowing that this flag is a sign of aggression?" BGGRARGBGBBGBAGBABGB.... I'm checking out, cya guys in Canada!

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Please don't take it LITERALLY. I'm making a point. That said, I definitely believe that these parents need to get out of the U.S. and see how other people in the world live .... as compared to what they have in the U.S. These parents have NO IDEA what they are even talking about. They don't deserve to be taken seriously but since they have gone public on the airwaves/net, they make themselves targets for harsh rebuttal. Which they clearly have earned. A six-month to one year experience in say Belarus ... Vietnam ..... Zimbabwe ..... Cuba. See what it's like THERE. Then come go to America. 5 will get you 10 they're singing a VERY different song.

//

15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,044 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

Well that's another beautiful thing about America... Freedom of Speech. These morons deserve every cutdown/insult/message of disgust that gets thrown their and their daughters way. America the beautiful. Here people make a misguided or ignorant choice and then get called out for it non-stop for the rest of their natural lives.