PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schobel to New England 'Unlikely'

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Bills’ website, it may ultimately come down to his family situation, as they recently sold their house in Buffalo and moved to Texas, which could find him playing there instead.

Didn't Clemens want to be closer to his family in Texas and sign in Toronto?

Just saying we've herd this song and dance before.

Then again Bruce Hurst signed for less money to place close to home.

GLS

It seems like Schobel and the Pats would be a great union but at this point, it's like when Jason Taylor was available before, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Still, you'd think he'd want the chance to stick it to his old team twice a year...

Situation is too fluid. If he doesn't sign today or tomorrow with Houston, we're definitely in play. This is one case where 'no news IS good news.' If the Patriots really want this guy (and the orders may be coming from the owner's box), they're not going to let him slip away like Jason Taylor did, twice.

Last edited:
I think Schobel to Houston is all but a done deal. He wants to play there. They want him to play there. Schobel has already played for some of the Texans' coaching staff and he knows the system. They play a 4-3 rather than a 3-4. They have a shot at the playoffs. Unless there is a money issue, I can't see him playing anywhere else.

Last edited:
Situation is too fluid. If he doesn't sign today or tomorrow with Houston, we're definitely in play. This is one case where 'no news IS good news.' If the Patriots really want this guy (and the orders may be coming from the owner's box), they're not going to let him slip away like Jason Taylor did, twice.

Yup. All signs point to him wanting to go to Houston, no ifs, ands or butts, so if he doesn't immediately go there, it would seem that we've got a chance.

Maybe he already has enough money, maybe Houston will pay him as much as anyone else, but if there's a 3 or 4 million difference in offers, I can easily see uprooting the kids from school. That's enough money to make you think of what your kids gain ($$$) versus what they lose (disruptive educational experience).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back