PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schilling: 'If Clemens is guilty, take back Cy Youngs'

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3162329

BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling called on Roger Clemens to give up the four Cy Young Awards he's won since 1997 if he can't clear his name from allegations that he used steroids to prolong and enhance his career.

"If he doesn't do that then there aren't many options as a fan for me other than to believe his career 192 wins and three Cy Youngs he won prior to 1997 were the end," Schilling wrote Wednesday in his blog, 38pitches.com. "From that point on the numbers were attained through using [performance-enhancing drugs]. Just like I stated about Jose [Canseco], if that is the case with Roger, the four Cy Youngs should go to the rightful winners, and the numbers should go away if he cannot refute the accusations."
-------

I agree, all the Bonds bashing has to be consistently applied to Roger. If The Mercenary can't refute the accusations, then he shouldn't be the all-time Cy Young winning pitcher.

Last edited:
If Bonds weren't a complete jacka** and a consistent liar, he probably wouldn't have been bashed. Americans forgive easily, but you have to admit to what you've done to earn that. Roger will face a lot of the same stuff Bonds did for that reason. As long as he denies it, and as long as he can't produce evidence to the contrary, yeah, it probably won't be a lot of fun for him. But he's not a complete douche like Bonds, so he does have that going for him.

I'm tired of the whole roid thing. Time to clean up the game and move on.

As for Schill, he oughta keep his mouth shut. I'm sure he's got players on his own team that are juicing or using HGH that didn't get caught (or did, ie Gagne and Donnelly). He has to get off his high horse.

These denials are getting to be a joke. Liars!

Here's Clemen's record in his last 4 years with Boston:

1993 11 14 0 191.7 175 95 160 4.46
1994 9 7 0 170.7 124 54 168 2.85
1995 10 5 0 140.0 141 65 132 4.18
1996 10 13 0 242.7 216 98 257 3.63

11 Wins were his high. 1 game over .500. I mean, it's understandable, he was 31, 32, 33, and 34 years old, and we all tail off then. It's just part of the drill.

Hmmm, from the time his trainer says he himself injected Clemens with Roids and HGH on, suddenly Clemens was unhittable, as he approached his mid-forties. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Let's see, his trainer is given immunity, but ONLY if he tells the compete truth. So, what does he get out of lying? Oh, just PRISON!

Who has a bigger incentive to lie, his trainer, or Clemens? Answer: Clemens, and it ain't even close.

So the trainer says he injected two players, Clemens, and Pettite, and Pettite admits it? But, with Clemens it was a lie? Yeah, right!

Clemens, you're a liar and a cheat!

if that is the case with Roger, the four Cy Youngs should go to the rightful winners, and the numbers should go away if he cannot refute the accusations

Excuse me, but how does one prove themselves innocent?

if that is the case with Roger, the four Cy Youngs should go to the rightful winners, and the numbers should go away if he cannot refute the accusations

Excuse me, but how does one prove themselves innocent?

A good start would be to testify before Congress. He doesn't know if he'll do that, but he has filed a lawsuit against his trainer. Now, why wouldn't he want to testify before Congress?

That does not constitute proof, in fact, there is no way to prove a negative which is why the burden of proof should be on the accusor. It's easy to make an accusation but not so easy to prove you didn't do something.

Shilling should STFU.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back