PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schelerth and Hoge

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoge.jpg

Does this look like the face of someone to take seriously?

I didn't think so.

What's funny is he talks about physical teams, and brings up the Colts.

Yea, the Colts have shown an ability to play physical this year, but has he looked at their rushing attack of late?

vs San Diego = 75 yards (2.9 ypc)
vs Kansas City = 66 yards (2.4 ypc)
vs Atlanta = 118 yards (4.4 ypc)
vs Jacksonville = 63 yards (2.5 ypc)
vs Baltimore = 59 yards (2.2 ypc)
vs Oakland = 58 yards (2.8 ypc)

I'm not saying they can't run the ball, as they obviously can, but they haven't looked as good, and their rushing attack hasn't been very good in 5 out of their past 6 games. It's not for a lack of trying either.

Addai's rushing attempts per game:
vs SD = 22 carries, 56 yards (2.5 ypc)
vs KC = 21 carries, 72 yards (3.4 ypc)
vs ATL = 10 carries, 44 yards (4.4 ypc)
vs Jac = 21 carries, 67 yards (3.2 ypc)
vs Bal = 13 carries, 32 yards (2.5 ypc)
vs Oak = 15 carries, 44 yards (2.9 ypc)

Hoge also said something about NE having close games against the Eagles, Ravens, and Jets, yet he fails to realize the Colts barely pulled out wins against the Raiders, chiefs, Titans, and Texans. The Colts also lost two the Patriots and Chargers...

on ESPNNEWS were doing their 'power rankings' ..i guess it was all in fun..
here are hoge's rankings

1.colts
2.jaguars
3.patriots
4.packers
5.vikings

apparently he says his phone number is on website and any boston area fans who have a problem should give him a call :). Of course his theory is that the pats are not as physical as the above 2 and if it was anyone other than the jets yesterday they wouldve lost and in similar elements the jets wont be playing in the playoffs..

Schelerth of course was more conventional
1.pats
2.colts.
3.packers
4.cowboys
5.jags

Hoge is a HATER.

Hoge is a HATER.

He picked against New England only twice all season, for the Colts and Steelers games. That makes him a far more reliable fan than many of the people who've been posting in the game threads this year. He's a running back who played in Pittsburgh, so it should come as no surprise that he believes in a power running game.

P.S. Schlereth and Hoge are #1 and #2 respectively among the ESPN 'experts' picking the games this season. They aren't perfect, but they've been as good as anyone from that Alphabet sports channel.

Last edited:
Wonder why most of the fans here object to us being considered #2 or #5 or #10. So what if someone thinks we are not #1??

It is Hoge's opinion based on his interpretation of what he saw and read. Is his analysis faulty? Maybe. But why react as if we are paying him for this opinion??

If I were a member of the Pats in any manner, I would focus on his (and other critics) coverage of our blemishes/shortcomings and evaluate it to determine if we need to improve it.

Only one thing matters this season - the SB. If we manage to knock down more records in that process, that's awesome. If not, so be it but let's not lose focus on the main objective and let us care less for the daily rankings.

GO PATS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back