Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some of the highlights:

- Players will receive 48% of all revenues
- No off the top credit (the owners were looking for $1 billion)
- The players are guaranteed that their percentage would not fall below 46.5%
- Owners will get some expense credits for new stadium construction
- Rookie wage scale will be included, but still needs to be tweaked
- A 16 game Thursday night schedule will be introduced in 2012 and the package will be sold to a network
- Significant increases in pensions and health benefits for retired players if revenues continue as expected through 2016
- All players with 4 or more years of experience and contracts expired after the 2010 season are UFAs.

No vote today, but it looks like the owners are on board with the direction. Looks like by the sounds of it, a new CBA is imminent and could be done before the July 4th holiday.

Lockout: Sources reveal details of proposed NFL CBA - ESPN

Last edited:
This is reason to be very optimistic at this point. By "leaking" out these terms (which appear to be quite reasonable)- any breakdown in talks would then be construed as insubordination.

Great move.

4th, 5th and 6th year players will all be UFA's.

That affects Green-Ellis and Page I believe.

Ellis would still be restricted. Page isn't a big deal. Does this add any FAs of interest to the mix?

It affects Page, but I am pretty sure BJGE is going into his fourth year. So he has another year before free agency. He came into the league in 2008.

The good news is that it hurts the Jets since the Jets had 9 player with RFA tenders including Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, and Brad Smith. And my personal favorite for a free agent acquisition, Mathias Kiwanuka, is an UFA>

Last edited:
Great news if accurate. If they get it done soon we will still get a full season as well as the necessary preparation for it.

This is the best news I have heard for a while regarding the lockout! :D

Thank god I wouldn't know what to do with myself on sundays without football.

Ellis would still be restricted. Page isn't a big deal. Does this add any FAs of interest to the mix?

Mathias Kiwanuka
James Jones
Malcom Floyd
DeAngelo Williams
Charles Johnson
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice

Mathias Kiwanuka
James Jones
Malcom Floyd
DeAngelo Williams
Charles Johnson
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice

That has made FA even more interesting! Can't see Rice wanting to stay in Minn! QBs have 3 starts between them, who is going to get him the ball?

Mathias Kiwanuka
James Jones
Malcom Floyd
DeAngelo Williams
Charles Johnson
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice

Probably too expensive, but that would be nice, as well he's only 24.

What will be interesting is whether or not the franchise and transition tags have been eliminated. If they have, what does that do to the guys who were tendered and signed their tenders.

You know when you really think about it, assuming that a deal is done by July 4th, what have all the teams missed?

One mandatory 3 day mini camp and one "voluntary" one

So in reality all that has been missed is about 6 practices. Now granted the team based conditioning programs have all been missed, but most of the players have been working out. You Know, back in my day, most players went to training camp to GET in shape. ;)

BOTTOM Line I think that most teams will have the time to get 99% of what they'd normally have in when the season starts. I've always felt that all the talk about the "irreparable damage" that the lockout incurred was WAY overblown. Of course this assumes that a deal is done by the 2nd week of July.

On the plus side, this would make July, a notoriously dead period for football, a very interesting Month

Mathias Kiwanuka
James Jones
Malcom Floyd
DeAngelo Williams
Charles Johnson
Santonio Holmes
Sidney Rice
3 very good and 1 potentially very good WRs there.

Would love Malcom Floyd in New England.

You know when you really think about it, assuming that a deal is done by July 4th, what have all the teams missed?

So in reality all that has been missed is about 6 practices. Now granted the team based conditioning programs have all been missed, but most of the players have been working out. You Know, back in my day, most players went to training camp to GET in shape. ;)

BOTTOM Line I think that most teams will have the time to get 99% of what they'd normally have in when the season starts. I've always felt that all the talk about the "irreparable damage" that the lockout incurred was WAY overblown. Of course this assumes that a deal is done by the 2nd week of July.

On the plus side, this would make July, a notoriously dead period for football, a very interesting Month

Teams missed free agency before the draft. Far from an ideal situation when a draft class is good. Condiering how shallow this past draft class was, the effect is magnified.

I think you are underestimating what the teams lost. I think this is still going to kill the rookie class this season. Most of these kids are months behind in their getting acclimated to the NFL and their new team. I would expect fewer star rookies this season.

Also, a lot teams are going to be way behind with their timing between QBs and receivers. A lot of that work is done in the offseason.

Lastly, a lot of younger and back up players will suffer because many starters will need extra time in preseason games to work their ways back into shape.

All players with 4 or more years of experience and contracts expired after the 2010 season are UFAs.
So rookies on their first contract are still held to that contract, correct (assuming there are no 7+ year contracts for rookies)?

RFA's with 1 more year on their contract are still RFA's it would seem? and obviously anyone under contract is still under contract (what am i missing or and I reading too much int othe "and" part of the quote and assumign there's a logic conenction :) )

it seems to be an omission about franchise/transition tags. The players are usually upset with the tag and you'd think they would have built this into the new CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes